You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Demon Or Just An Intelligent Haunting?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Or Just An Intelligent Haunting?

 

I'm not too sure what exactly is going on, but since I've noticed it, it has been known as "the ghost" because that's the only explanation I had. Don't say anything nasty if your opinion is different to mine.

It all started when I was nine. My mum, step dad, brother and I had just moved into a new house. It all seemed fine, just another house. My mum got me my first mobile phone. I had a bunk bed and a desk that sat across from it and my phone would be placed on the desk while I slept. One night while trying to fall asleep, I heard my phone beeping away. Assuming my mum was going through my phone, I peaked down to see what she was doing, but no one was there. I climbed down off the bed and looked at my phone, a number had been dialed into it. I cleared it went back to bed.

I realize now that I should have kept the number and tried to figure out why it had been typed into my phone, but I was young, confused and made a mistake.

I really don't remember much about being ten or eleven. But when I was twelve is when I remember things getting worse. At first it was just things here and there being moved to where they shouldn't be. Then things started getting hidden in this creepy chest thing that was in the house. It became a thing after a while, if something important went missing, look in the chest.

When I was thirteen, the footsteps and scratching started. The scratching kept coming from my cupboard (which since the day we moved in, I had a really bad feeling about) The footsteps started off soft, just pacing from the front door, to my bedroom door, to the front door and so on. I remember one night I snuck out to see some friends. I remember being halfway over the fence and looking back at the kitchen window. In the window looking back at me was my mum. Well that's what I like to say anyway, what I really saw (but I've never told anyone in fear of being judged and being called a freak) was my mum, but with no face. It was like a black hole? I don't know how to explain it.

After I turned fourteen the footsteps in the hallway got louder and instead of pacing from the front door to my bedroom door, they would start at the front door, walk to my door, stop, eventually walk to the back door then come back to my door, stop, then continue on and keep doing it for hours.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xxTorturedByDemons, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xxTorturedByDemons (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
*UPDATE*
So my partner and I ended up having to move back into my mums when I was pregnant. I had forgotten all about the past and everything that had happened. I was more focused on getting ready for the baby than worrying about something from the past that may or may not have just been my imagination running wild. Anyway, my partner was doing night shift and my mum would go to be early for work the next day so I was always the last one awake. Straight away the footsteps started at 2am and went until 4am. Completely forgetting my childhood in that house, I went out into the hallway to see who was awake. Noone of course. I went back to bed and continued watching TV, eventually falling asleep. This happened for a while. I just ignored it, I figured if it was anything and it wanted to hurt me, it would have done it a long time ago. One night I was in the toilet, just finished my business and went to open the door to leave. I had it halfway open when it got ripped out of my hand and slammed closed. I tried to open it but it was like someone was holding it closed from the other side. It couldn't have been locked because it doesn't have a lock and me and my mum were the only ones home and it wasn't her. Anyway, so I'm trying to get out when I hear footsteps coming up the hallway. I freeze then I start banging on the door screaming for help because I hoped it was my mum. But the footsteps just walked straight passed and to the backdoor. Then back and forth a couple of times before they stopped and the door flew open. The next night my mums boyfriend stayed and the next day he told us that he had woken up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet (keep in mind that the toilet light is left on at night because my brother is scared of the dark) as he was walking up the hallway the light started flickering, getting worse and worse. He just assumed the bulb was going to blow or something. But as he came around the corner to the toilet, the flickering was like a strobe light and every time it flickered on he saw a man standing with his back to him, slowly turning to look at him. He froze for what felt like forever and just stared in shock until the light went back to normal and the man disappeared. So a couple of nights later my partner had a night off work and I had told him about everything that had happened but he didn't believe me. So I convinced him to do a Ouija board with me to see if anyone was in the house. The first one was a dud, just him screwing around trying to scare me. The second time we got a woman.
"how old are you?" I got no reply. "do you live in this house, or did you?" "no." "do you want to talk to us?" "no." "would like us to leave you alone?" "no." "well I'm confused. What would you like to do?" "I want to play." "okay... What would you like to play?" "tiggy." "alright, well you're it!" "ok, run."
The glass moves to goodbye and my partner stands up looking at the board in fear. He runs outside and I ask him what he's doing. He tells me he's not coming inside and will sleep outside if he has to. I tell him to not be ridiculous and get inside, nothing was going to happen. He eventually came in and we went to bed. And nothing happened of course, except for the usual footsteps every night. A few more things happened but nothing was as memorable as when my son was born. He was about a month old and he was laying on our bed. I had run off to the toilet and my partner had gone to get him a bottle. When I returned to the bedroom, my partner was standing at the edge of the bed motioning at me to be quiet. I snuck in and watched. My son was staring at the wall babbling and smiling away. My partner had filmed it so we were watching it thinking it was all cute until my son was babbling away and paused and we heard a deep growl, to which he smiled and babbled away again. Then he paused again and this time we heard a deep voice say "mummy". It was really strange... Anyway I have to go cook dinner so I will finish this later.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Well from everything I have read up to now we have a 'timeline' of events that seems to run like this...

At 9...first possible experience... Happened with cellphone... Then nothing 'memorable' until the O/P is 12...

"...when I was twelve is when I remember things getting worse."

Again at 13 something else begins to happen, and yet again at 14. The O/P also has related how 'this' started to follow her at the age of 15 and continued right up until recently, now 17 AND out of the home and on her own the experiences have lessened.

This sounds more like a Poltergeist and less like a 'Demon'.

Your 'Board' session gives us clues...

First Spirit: Old Lady, confused... Not sure of where she is. Congrats you made contact with the other side, you opened a communication 'link' and she responded.

Next Spirit: Older Male, wants too, no 'enjoys' scaring you...

Last Spirit: Little Girl says she wants to hurt someone in your household...

The Second and Third spirits are in fact 'one and the same'...this was your Poltergeist... Attracted in by the energy being generated by your body as it went through Puberty... This spirit used this energy to do things that scared you... It then 'said' it was a little girl during the 'board' session in an attempt to 'scare' you.

Now that you are 17, and Puberty is 'slowing down' you are having fewer experiences.

Of Course this is just my Opinion based on the information you have shared with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
xxTorturedByDemons (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
Alot of my friends would stay the night and claim to have had experiences.
When I turned sixteen I had had enough. Being young, dumb and having no knowledge of spirits/ghosts and all that stuff, I decided a Ouija Board was my next option. A bunch of my friends who believed my house was occupied by something not living, came over and helped me. First person we spoke to was (and I'm not saying they are who they say they are, I'm just writing what I had been told) a little old lady who apparently died near by. When asked what she was doing in my house, she said she didn't know. The next person we spoke to was a man. He said that he was the footsteps in the hallway and that he didn't want to hurt anyone, he just likes scaring us. The last person we spoke to was a little girl. She said she likes me but doesn't like my best friend. She said she also doesn't like my brother and that she wanted to hurt someone in the house but when we asked who, she said goodbye. Not too sure if it was legit, or if the ghosts were just making stuff up.

I moved out when I was seventeen and not much has been happening since then.

I know it's hard to understand, when written down it all sounds lame, but when your there in that moment, it's truly terrifying.
xxTorturedByDemons (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
After I moved into the lounge, I hardly slept. Instead of feeling tired, I only felt fear. I don't know why I felt so scared all the time, it's like I wasn't even me. I remember one time when I was walking through the lounge room, something pushed my shoulder, hard enough to stop me and leave a bruise. Only thing was, there was nothing there.

When I was fifteen I met my first real boyfriend. I practically moved in with him just to escape my house. But even after a while of living there, his house started to feel dark and clouded and I was angry all the time for no reason and spent all day and night laying in bed crying. I went to stay at mums one week and even though I hated that house, I was so glad to not be around whatever soul sucking force was at my boyfriends. That night I was curled up on my mums couch (still too scared to go in my room) watching TV. The footsteps started as usual so I tried to focus all my attention on the TV, hoping it would go away if it knew no one was paying attention to it anymore. Well that must of pissed it off because the footsteps turned into stomps. I tried even harder to focus my attention to the TV, but it just made it worse. It started banging on the wall behind my head, so loud it made the whole wall and couch shake. Well of I was scared sh**less and didn't sleep for the rest of night. This became it's new thing, if I tried to ignore it, it would bang, stomp and throw things. I was pretty excited to go back to my boyfriends house after that.
(this is an experience my mum had)
While I was at my boyfriends one night, my mum was home alone watching TV. She heard footsteps walk up the hallway then the back door slam. She thought that was really strange considering she had dead locked it and there was no way someone on the outside could open it. She went and checked it, but the door was still locked. She checked the whole house but it was empty. No wind or anything. She went back and watched TV and heard footsteps in the hallway and walk into the kitchen then into the lounge room doorway, but no one was there.
One night me and boyfriend went to stay at my mums. He asked me to go get him a drink so I walked into the hallway and heard a little girl giggling echoing around the house. I froze and realised it was coming from the lounge room. I slowly walked to the lounge doorway. I saw my brother asleep on the couch. Next minute the giggling stopped and my brother started screaming and yelling. In the morning when I asked him what he was dreaming about, he said a little girl was chasing him while giggling and trying to kill him.
xxTorturedByDemons (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
After I turned fourteen the footsteps in the hallway got louder and instead of pacing from the front door to my bedroom door, they would start at the front door, walk to my door, stop, eventually walk to the back door then come back to my door, stop, then continue on and keep doing it for hours.
One night I woke up and heard the footsteps as usual. I tried to ignore them and go back to sleep, but this time they walked in my room. I looked at the door to see if it was my mum, but no one was there. I layed back down and hoped to fall back to sleep but the footsteps walked around my bed and I felt someone lay down next to me. Just as I was about to check, I heard breathing in my ear. I froze then jumped up and turned the light on, but no one was there. After a while my friend came and lived with us for a while. One night I was woken by the TV. I turned it off and tried to go back to sleep but then she gets out of bed. I assume she's going to the toilet but she stops infront of my mirror and starts talking to it. Then walks over to my door, opens it, looks at it and says "wouldn't it be better if you stand over there?" She points at my window and pauses. Then continues with "fine don't talk to me then!" Then gets back into bed. Now I'm just laying there assuming she's some sort of sleep walking/talking freak until this happens: she gets back into bed and starts snoring away and slurping and I think to myself "she better not be drooling on my pillow..." Next minute she looks me in the eye and says "what did you say about me drooling on your pillow b***h?" Took me a while to get back to sleep after that... Not much happened after that, just the usual footsteps and randomly being woken up by what felt like fingers running up and down our backs every now and then. When she moved out I was too scared to sleep in my room. The footsteps in the hall had gotten louder and random things would happen like I would hear whispers in my room at like 3 in the morning and I had this strong feeling I was being watched. I moved into the lounge room.

I need to go to sleep so I'll tell you all the rest tomorrow.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
Hi Totured,
Yes, posting the entire story would help. However, demons are not as common as people like to think. All bad spirits get lumped into this group. People can be good or they can be bad. So why wouldn't their spirits be the same way?
I'll hold further comment on your situation until I actually know the situation.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
Happy April Fool's...

Certain 'words' seem to magically get changed one day a year around here...

That's why I waited until after midnight to post anything...

Respectfully,

Rook
xxTorturedByDemons (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
Dear red wolf, sorry I haven't posted the whole story yet so I can see how ridiculous I look freaking out over some stuff moving and some footsteps. Once I've posted the whole story maybe I won't look so crazy. Or maybe I'll look even more crazy...

What's with all the comments about clowns?
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
Sorry guys this site gets hacked every year at the same date, I'll have to beef up security or something ๐Ÿ˜‰
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
Happy Apri. L Fool. S day. I hope all the big red nose,p.ur.ple pants and cl.ow.ns enjoyed themselves. ๐Ÿ˜†
But seriously this nonsense does not help the O/P
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
Okay who is messing with us today? My post did not come out as I wrote it. I even proofread it. You could tell by National purple pants day and something about a red nose... ๐Ÿ˜†
The jist of what I was saying was not all s.p.i.r.i.t.s are d.e.m.o.n.s and you may have run of the mill g.h.o.s.t.i.e.s
I hope Martin is aware of this site being messed with. Possibly by ghosties. If that came out clowns it is supposed to be g.h.o.s.t.i.e.s.
๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
I have never heard of National Clown Day and I live in the United States. ๐Ÿ˜†
Dear Torturedbydemons why do you assume it is a demon bothering you? I have had things moved by spirits, even had them go missing. I knew who spirits were so I told them to just put it bacouldn't they did.
I grew up in a haunted house. My sister still lives there. There is a spirit in the basement that scared me. My mother had some psychics check it out and they confirmed the spirit didn't like women, especially ME. I never thought it was a demon even when it made it so I couldn't open my thin basement door. I could feel it ascending the stairs so I said please god help me and it was satisfied that it scared me enough and I was able to open the door. The house was empty so nobdy was playing a joke on me.
Don't assume a spirit is a demon. Even a malevolent spirit is just a spirit not a demon.
Regards
RedWolf
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Dear o/p,

Has anyone else experience the things that you mentioned other than "the things in the chest"?

Do reply...

Regards

PS-I am trying to be very careful
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Geeze - TorturedbyD***** don't be offended. Seems the glitch got your name ๐Ÿ˜• It really seems to dislike the D word.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
4/1 the annual prank day in the USA... And it seems we are not an exception.
Dearest TorturedByDemons,
Demons are much more rare then folks like to think. Rook has a cleansing method I hear works wonders. I'd post it, but I'm afraid the ummm glitch we're experiencing would make it gibberish. To me it sounds more like a poltergiest that you have.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
I have to say that demons and ghosts are probably drawn to all of the stories that mention demons in the title. This demon can't be a very powerful spirit, as he likes to wear his purple pants. Maybe he/it is just a trickster spirit? ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Just for the record, my previous comment did not come out the way I typed it. Good one!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
hm. I suspected as much, last year- and nothing came of it. I fear this site may have been compromised by some sinister force, the likes of which only wake once a year. I will light a blue candle when I get home.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Aren't you glad April Fools Day is just once a year? Of course, it would be great to think a paranormal being was pranking people!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Wonder if it's "purple pants-clowns-big red nose" day observed by some obscure people who worship demons?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
seems to be an annual thing. Every April 1st, the word clown suddenly appears. Almost like someone's idea of a joke. But why April 1st? Makes no sense. A mystery I've been trying to work out.
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
I did not say c*l*o*w*n*s* - I said s*p*i*r*i*t*s. I notice that this has happened before. Sorry about this. There is some interference going on here.
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Spirits like to take advantage of the high energy output of people in your age group. That could attest to the activity increasing as you get deeper into puberty. Nothing of the spirit world is carved in stone, just my observational opinion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: