You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Music From Beyond?

Real Ghost Stories

Music From Beyond?

 

Let me start by saying I'm the biggest skeptic regarding anything paranormal, religious, spiritual, etc... But after this experience, I'm questioning that stance. I tend bar on Saturday nights in a small social club in my town. The building and the club have been in existence since 1918. Rumor has it that this club used to be a hangout for many Mafia types and associates. Needless to say, I'm sure this club has a lot of history and can only imagine what has occurred within its wall over the years.

Anyway, the club is a long narrow building that has 2 floors. On the ground floor is the bar then in the back is a kitchen and there is a small office in the very front of the building. Upstairs is a small storage area then one large meeting hall that is sometimes used for parties, etc. To leave, you go through a door into a hall that is about 10 feet long and is between the small office and the stairs to the meeting hall. At the end of this short hall is the door to outside.

This past Saturday I had closed the bar and had finished all of the cleaning, counting, etc. Everyone had left and I had locked the outside door. After shutting everything off, including all TVs and the jukebox, I went to leave. It was 2:15 am. I went through the first door into the hall which is where the alarm system is and when I did I could hear, quite plainly, old time (like 20's era) piano music playing and a very strange voice singing/talking. It was very easy to hear but muffled, like it was in the other room, so I couldn't quite make out the words.

First thing I did was open the door to the bar thinking the jukebox came on but it was quiet in there. I then looked out of the outside door window thinking maybe a car was sitting out there with the radio on but no one was even close. At first I thought it was coming from the small office on the other side of the wall but as I listened it sounded like it was coming from upstairs and there is a small vent on the hallway ceiling.

So then, being somewhat creeped out, I go to set the alarm. Normally when all is ready, it will say DISARMED: READY TO ARM. When I looked at it it did say that for a second but it keep randomly flashing to COMM ERROR. If a door was left open, it would say DOOR # whatever. Then you would have to check that door and that code would go back to DISARMED: READY TO ARM. After flashing a few times it stopped and finally read DISARMED: READY TO ARM. I was able to set it and leave. The only time I had seen it do that was there was a party and a few balloons were left and the ventilation system was blowing them around and was picked up by the interior motion detectors. To me this suggests that something inside of the club was moving. I wasn't about to go find out.

As I said, I'm very skeptical when hearing anything of this nature and am usually always able to find a logical explanation. Also, this is the first experience I've ever had of this nature in my 40 years. I'm kind of at a loss on this one and I was pretty shook up afterward.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DREWNOX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

meow3 (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
Very spooky and interesting. The idea of hearing music out of nowhere, and of "peeking into another time" really intrigues me. Let us know if you ever hear it again! 😉
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
...Oooh. I read this at a very bad time. I finished it, got kind of creeped out... And then looked behind me, and the door I had deliberately closed was way open and all I could see was black. It instantly made my heart rate go up and I knew I had to close it before I worked myself in a panic, ha ha!

Excellent story, and well told... If I had been in your place, I would have been just as weirded out and unwilling to go search for the problem without someone with me. The unknown really can be terrifying. Perhaps when it is lighter, you can head upstairs and see what could possibly make that sound?

Also, Shlain: Is it possible the response team closed the door for you? I can't say I've ever really had a response team of my own, in that regards, so I don't know how they operate.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
First off, let me say that this is a very interesting story. There is so much history in old buildings that it is no wonder there is residual hauntings or even more. If this was a mafia gathering place, very well could be many deaths, etc. That occurred. But since you just heard the music, I am willing to bet that you just happened to "peek" in to another time. I will be interested in hearing if anything else happens here. Are you still working there?

Zeta.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
Sounds like its an imprint of history on the building. Don't worry, I'm with you on not checking it out. Our alarm kept going off indicating our front door when we were at work. The response team informed us that it looks like our front door is wide open, yet when we got home (after the alarm Co. Called us) the door and gate infront of the door were both locked.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: