You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visits From Beyond The Veil

Real Ghost Stories

Visits From Beyond The Veil

 

For those of you who are not familiar with my writing, please allow me to give you a little update.

Many of my experiences centre around our late daughter, Angel. She passed away in 2012, in hospital, after a mammoth four year battle with a rare form of cancer. On occasion, she still visits her eldest sister, her (now) teenage daughter, plus my husband and I.

A few weeks ago, I had another clairolfactory (the ability to smell spirits) experience.

My husband was still pottering around the house when I decided to turn in for the night. As I climbed into bed, I unexpectedly got the strong smell of cabanossi. For those of you who don't know what cabanossi is, it is a thin sausage of smoked meat, almost like salami, but of Polish origin. It is expensive here, therefore a luxury.

Two nights later, my husband was asleep next to me, when I decided I had better use the bathroom before switching off my bedside light. As I walked into the loo, the delicious smell of cabanossi once again assailed my nostrils.

I hadn't bought any since 4th June 2012. The reason I remember the date so clearly, is because I bought some for Angel, two days before she passed away. We stopped off at our local Spar (supermarket) on the way to the hospital, which was +- 45 minutes drive away. I knew our darling daughter was very fond of cabanossi, and decided to give her a treat.

When we arrived at her hospital room, I stood at the foot of her bed, grinned, and waved a piece at her asking, "Where must I put it?" She opened her mouth and pointed to it, saying, "Put it there". I promptly obliged. I have a feeling, that was the last thing she ate. She went into a decline later that afternoon.

The incongruous aroma of cabanossi brought back bitter-sweet memories, and I just know I was visited by our Angel.

Something else inexplicable happened to my husband and I. We were both seated at our respective computers when we simultaneously heard the sound of something hitting the low window in front of us. It sounded like someone had thrown a handful of sand, or fine gravel, against the glass. My husband jumped up to investigate, but nothing/nobody was in sight. A few minutes later, the sound was repeated. This time I shot out of my chair to investigate, with the same result.

On reflection, it came to mind. Years ago, before the strip of garden in front of the window was fenced in, Zeus, my beloved black Labrador, used to dig a hole to lie in, in summer. Much to my husband's chagrin, it was right outside the computer room window. We always knew when he was digging, as the sand would hit the window in exactly the same manner, leaving sand all over the outside window ledge.

The absence of sand on the window ledge, this time, makes me wonder if we were visited by a phantom Zeus. This month is exactly three years since I had to have him put him down. Over the years since his passing, he has occasionally shown himself to me, both by sight and sound.

Other hauntings by Fergie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fergie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-20)
No, not lost, not yet anyway 😜
I've been dealing with some health issues and just life in general.

I know right! This Listeriosis thing is crazy. Had a bit of a scare myself but luckily came back all clear.

I'm glad you're keeping well.

Regards
Neph
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-19)
Hey Neph,

What a lovely surprise to hear from you; I thought we had "lost" you. 😉

Yeah, Angel and Zeus still seem to be popping in to see how we are getting on. I was thinking of buying a piece of cabanossi, just for old times sake, but will have to hang on a bit now. With all this listeriosis business, many outlets have taken it off the market.

Best wishes,
Fergie.
Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-19)
Hey Fergie,

Long time no speak. I'm happy for you that Angel & Zeus popped by. Perhaps she's telling you to to treat yourself to what was one of her favorites if for nothing other than a trip down memory lane.

Regards
Neph 😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-13)
Hi Jubeele, how lovely to hear from you. You being so far from home and all. Hah! Where there is a will, there is a way, eh?

It is lovely to get a sense of Angel and Zeus being around, though their visits are getting fewer, and further between.

Cabanossi is yummy, isn't it? But with cheese? Hmm, I shall have to try that.

I look forward to reading the new accounts you are collecting in Singapore.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment, while on vacation. ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-13)
Valkricry,
You have given me pause for thought! Hmm... I shall have to buy some again, once the listeria hysteria has passed, here in SA.

Val, my friend, I am sending big hugs right back at ya. 😜
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-13)
True words, lady-glow! If only I could give them a hug... 😢

Thank you for reading, and your comment. 😊
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-13)
Thank you Melda, for your sweet comment.
I am glad you enjoy my experiences, my friend. ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-13)
My sweet babygoatpuller, sorry to make you reach for the Kleenex (and Augusta too.)

I know Angel came to visit Zeus once. He was bouncing all over the lounge, in the dark, giving his 'special greeting' he reserved for family members. Angel and Zeus were very fond of each other, so why not on the 'other side' too?

I always look forward to comments from you, my friend. ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-13)
Augusta, you make me blush with you kind words. Thank you, with all sincerity.
It always warms my heart to have these visits. I hope they continue until I one day can join them.

Thank you for reading, and your comment.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-13)
CuriousDee, thank you for your condolences. This isn't the first time that these two spirits have visited; hopefully, it won't be the last. 😜

RedWolf, I am happy to hear your FIL is still at it. Visits from past pets are amazing, aren't they?

Sorry to hear that you get headaches from all the spirits in your house. Maybe you should ask them to space their visits.

Thank you both for your comments. ❤
Jubeele (26 stories) (896 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-12)
Hi Fergie, "memories are made of this". All the good things that are associated with our loved ones. I love cabanossi with sharp cheddar cheese. I think this was a "treat" from Angel. Sharing a happy memory with you. ❤

How lovely to receive another visit from Zeus too.

Love does endure beyond the veil. Always.

***
P.s. I'm busy collecting more accounts from the family in Singapore at the moment... 😉
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
Fergie,
I have no doubt that Angel paid a visit, but it did make me wonder things that I know you can't answer. Like I wonder if you smelling cabanossi, was her remembering about it, or if she was perhaps trying to tell you it's time you enjoy things like that now and then.
Big hugs my friend.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
Bittersweet... To know that they are around but not being able to hug them.

Thanks for sharing. ❤
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
Fergie - The good spirits truly smile on you. You have such beautiful experiences ❤

Regards, Melda
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-09)
Like Augusta, you've brought tears to my eyes Fergie. It could only be Angel and Zeus coming for a visit. It must be an added comfort, knowing they're together.

Thank you my friend, for sharing another visit with us. ❤ 😊
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-09)
Your story brought tears to my eyes. You relate such heart wrenching loss with such grace. I am glad that those whom you love and loved in return have been able to find a way to visit you. ❤
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-09)
Fergie,

I'm glad that your daughter and your dog come to visit you. My father in-law still plays his jokes. Some of my dogs will visit from time to time.

There are times though that too many spirits visit and the air in the house just gets so thick I have to get myself out of the house or I get bad headaches. My daughter complains about it and she doesn't have any strong abilities.

Regards
Red
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-08)
Sorry for your losses. I absolutely believe we are visited by both loved ones and animals from the other side. Your very lucky to pick up on the signs of their visits ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: