You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Music In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

The Music In The Night

 

This all happened years ago. As a child, I got a cheap acoustic guitar as a gift, but never learned to play it (it's also child-size, so...). I kept it on my bedroom floor against the bookshelf.

At some point I started hearing the strings when I was laying in my bed in the dark and trying to sleep. Not proper playing propably, but just one or two strings at the time. After some time I put it in the walk-in closet but could still hear it. At some point (I don't remember if it was when it was in the bedroom or the storage room), I said aloud that I needed to sleep and that it needed to go away for today. Sometimes telling it off worked, sometimes it didn't, but it kept coming back the next night or a few nights later. At some point I put it in the side attic, which was another door from my room because of the blueprint of our house. I don't know if the music had already stopped at this point or still ongoing, but after that I definitely couldn't hear it anymore.

Around the same age or younger, I sometimes also heard other music. Sometimes it was the thump-thump-thump music from a passing car, sometimes it was sonething else. I only heard it when laying in my bed at night with the lights off, or it could be half-dream I guess, but it's a weird thing to constantly dream about. I told mom and she came to sit in the room, but there of course wasn't anything then. I didn't hear anything either. She accused me of being delusional or something. I was pre-school age or younger there.

Other hauntings by InTheNight

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, InTheNight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

InTheNight (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-11)
But yes, I still own the guitar but no, I haven't heard the guitar music anymore.

I don't remember if it was putting it in the attic that stopped the music, or if the music stopped before that or only some time after.o
InTheNight (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-11)
Of course the car sounds were passing cars. However, most of the music wasn't the kind of music people play in their cars. Ar the guitar noises were too consistent for a passing car anyway.
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-11)
Hi InTheNight

Maybe it was a passing spirit, do you still have that guitar?

Also was your room situated near a road perhaps, if so that might be a reason you could hear passing cars and music. It also would be a good idea to research the history of the house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: