You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Music And Dancing

Real Ghost Stories

Music And Dancing

 

This is my first story and is quite a short one so I hope I reach the minimum character limit.

The first experience I can remember was when I was about 6 or 7 years old. It was in my family home in the evening time. We lived in a housing estate that is only 40 years old.

I was standing in the bathroom with the door opened behind me washing my hands and face getting ready for bed. My older sister was talking to me from our bedroom when all of a sudden I heard a clanking noise (like heels on a wooden floor). I stopped paying attention to my sister and focused on the noise. The more I listened the more it sounded like someone doing an Irish Jig. I then heard a male voice saying "yeo" gleefully and then along with the dancing sound a very faint music began to play. It sounded like old Irish music. I knew it wasn't the tv or anything as my mam had turned it off as she was going to bed with a book.

I was interrupted by my sister then asking what I was staring at and if I had been listening to her or not. I told her what I heard and a look of horror appeared on her face. She was so frightened that I told her I was only kidding. It hadn't frightened me and I felt guilty for scaring her.

The next morning she questioned me on it and asked if I thought I'd heard a ghost but I didn't want to frighten her again so I told her I was just messing around.

It would be years later when I'd hear anything again and a few more until I saw anything.

Hope you like my story, I recalled it to my sister lately and she wasn't as scared now to know I had genuinely heard something. She still said she was happy not to be living at home anymore aha I always was the harder one to scare:)

Other hauntings by kayraa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kayraa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
Hi Tweed,

Yes I did think of the neighbours as a possibility however like I said my sister didn't hear anything, and I'm also pretty sure if my neighbours were playing music as suggested by Azraelx that my mum would be in saying it to them as my aunt lived one side and she knew the women on the other side too and would have no problem talking to them. I have sumbit one other story so far.

I'm sorry for the late replies as I was in the middle of moving house and loads of birthday partys in between:D

Hey, Trentinray I'm not sure what was there previously, I would assume fields as there were plenty fields around the estate growing up but I wouldn't know anything for certain.

Hi, AzraelX as previously written I'm not sure it was the neghbours as my mum would be in giving out aha but I'm not one to rule any possible answers:)

-Kayraa ❤
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
[at] Kayraa, since you mentioned that you lived in a housing estate, then you would have neighbours living around you.

Could it have been sounds from your neighbour that you heard? Some Mle neighbour said something and you heard it as "yeo"?

Could it have been that some neighbour/or the same neighbour, played some music and you heard faint sounds of the music?
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-29)
Kayraa-
Do you know what was on the property before the housing estate? My thought was that maybe it was residual, maybe at one time it used to be some type of Irish pub or something of that sort. Thank you for sharing.
-trentinray
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-28)
Hi Kayraa,

I guess you've already thought about the possibility of this being neighbours. It's interesting that your sister didn't hear anything.
Are you wanting to submit what you saw in another post? If not, I'd love to hear about in the comments.
I had a dancing ghost in the house when I was a kid too. So I know how odd it is to hear/feel dancing steps through the floor.

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed this. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: