You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Hanging Woman?

Real Ghost Stories

A Hanging Woman?

 

I'm pretty scared about all this. I've been living in this apartment for a few months now, and at first nothing out of the ordinary happened. But for at least a month now, I've been hearing whispers when I'm in bed (this has happened a lot over the past few years) and when I'm sometimes simply walking around the house.

I've seen a shadow-man come out of the bathroom, and I feel like something is watching me. I've also been having a lot more nightmares than normal.

Now, the main thing that I see, I see most every night. Over by my mom's bed, right above her lamp, it looks like a hanging woman. I can see the feet and a dress clearly, and the top part is a bit blurry, but it looks like a head bent at the neck, as if broken or hanging.

And it seems to move side to side, as if swinging a bit. It seems to always be there, no matter how much light is in the room (at night, unless a light is actually turned on) and it's the same every night. Sometimes it is not there, but usually it is.

I'm pretty scared, although it doesn't seem to want to hurt me. Yet. (Knocks on wood.)

I also hear whispering when I'm laying in bed, and it sounds female, although I can't hear what is being said. Sometimes I don't want to get out of bed either, just because of this. I feel like it's watching me. And I sometimes see things out of the corner of my eye. But this could all be my imagination, I guess.

I've heard whispers for years, so much in fact that I have to cover my ears at night to sleep.

What do you guys think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MachineGunLola, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
Ew, the hanging woman is just so creepy! 😭

I think you should tell your mom

Much love ❤
Centhia (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
You should tell your mother about it... Does she experience it too?
ritwik (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Dear MachineGunLola,
this really seems a pretty scary experience... My sis really got scared with out even reading (I told her) and she begged me to get QUIET
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
I've little doubt that you're experiencing something; however, I advise caution. Do NOT, under any circumstances, attempt to communicate with the entity.
Gargoyle (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
MachineGunLola,

I think you have come to the right place for advice. I agree with Rook that you should do some research etc and try to find out exactly what you are dealing with.
Also you should try to rule out any medical conditions that may cause these events. My own feeling however, is that you may be sensitive to the spirit world. If so, again, you have come to the right place!
Although I am not very sensitive, there are an awful lot of people on this site who are.
Good luck



Gaargoyle
eminem (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
i think you might show it to your mother and confirm that it really exist or its just your imagination.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
Dear MachineGunLola,

Just to keep things in perspective, and respectfully too, I request you to go for a thorough psychiatric evaluation. We must eliminate the normal reasons first to look into the paranormal.

Regards
Ghostrider101 (4 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
probably you must start enquring to your neighbours if anything happened there before you shifted here. Do some puja at home... That might help I guess.

GR
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
Perhaps a suicide that happened to a previous tenant. The whispers, can you make out what is being said?

Does your Mom experience anything that you know of?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
MachineGunLola,

Some research into the Property could prove helpful. You may want to start keeping a Journal concerning these events, it may help to determine if there are any 'common factors' to what/where you are feeling being watched... Certain times of day/night, weather... Any and all details you record plus any facts found during your research can help determine just what may be happening.

Respectfully,

Rook
Carmabis (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
Very freaky stuff. Do you know who the previous tenant of the apartment was?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: