You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hanging Barn

Real Ghost Stories

Hanging Barn

 

This happened to me about 3 to 4 years ago. My friend Andy and I were at an old abandoned barn taking pictures and video of the place, just because we were bored. It was probably 2 to 3 in the afternoon when we were there. Andy had decided to go into the barn to check it out and see what kind of pictures we could take inside. I stayed out side to set up the cameras on the tripods. I was getting a good focus measure when I saw a hawk fly over the same barn that Andy had just gone into. I followed it with the 35mm camera and right as it flew over the barn I noticed a figure standing on top of the roof of the barn (keep in mind I am seeing this through the camera lens.) I put the camera away from my face and looked up, and there was nothing there. I put the camera back up to my face and the figure was still there. I started to snap pictures as I called Andy to come outside the barn. He got out and I told him to grab the camcorder and start recording at he area where my camera was pointed. He did and we both watched through our respective lenses to see the figure step off the edge of the barn and we saw the shadow of a rope go taught and then nothing. We were pretty freaked so we went back to his place. We took the video off the camera and went to get the film developed. While we waited the hour it took we went to the public library and looked up the location of the barn. Apparently there was a girl who had hung herself from the roof of that barn in the 1910s. We looked at the picture of her and it was the same girl we had seen. Pretty creepy, what's more creepy is I have to go past that place everyday on my way to school and I still think about that as the hanging barn.

Note from the webmaster: the photographs for this story unfortunately couldn't be found

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
This sounds like a residual haunting to me. That poor girl...
sleepyhollow17 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
The Same Thing Happened To A Friend Of Mines Mom Back In the 60s. They Used To Live In Oklahoma And They Walked into The Barn One Night And Saw A Slave Hanging From The Rafters. They Also Heard Crying In The Fireplace.
bardsidhe (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
pity that there are no photo's to be found, this makes the story less beleivable.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: