You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hanging Lady Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Hanging Lady Ghost

 

This happened to me 2 years ago when I was 15 years old. I always had interest in the paranormal stuff and had an affinity towards why such things happened.

I was with my family and we were having our dinner at 8:00 PM. We had shared some pleasantries and completed our dinner by 8:30PM. When I stood up from my sofa, I noticed something weird. The clock seemed to be not working. I could tell it as it had stopped for a moment and had its minute hand moving counterclockwise. I thought nothing of it and went to the sink to wash my hands. Our second room, which is the bedroom where me and my sister sleep, was at the end of the hallway. The sink was at the end of the hallway right outside the bedroom. I washed my hands and yawned. I was feeling sleepy. As soon as I stepped inside my bedroom, I felt a sound of sharp beep in both my ears. It was as if I had put a broken microphone around my ears.

I was moving my head wildly and that is when I saw something hanging above me. I could see it's legs at first. I was paralyzed by fear. I couldn't move. I didn't want to look up but I don't know, something inside forced me to look up. When I moved my head up, I saw this lady, with totally black eyes and black-reddish lips, pale mouth and long hairs, dressed in a white gown or something hanging on my Room fan. I couldn't believe what I saw. I was numb by now. I couldn't feel my hands or legs. I felt cold. She was looking at me with her dark eyes and I couldn't stop myself from noticing it.

Somehow I managed to regain my senses but I couldn't move. I fell on my bed that was just few inches away. I got under my covers and looked at her. She had also moved herself by now and had changed her angle of looking at me. She had this eerie smile that brought chills in my spine. I prayed to god and went under my covers and closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes the next day in the morning and saw that the lady was gone. I told everyone about it but no one believed.

I still remember she was just hanging in mid air under my fan but she had no rope or something attached to her neck. Who was she and what did she need? Your comments are heartily welcomed. Sorry for the length. Have a good day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vinayak16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Vinayak16 (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-26)
Hey lady glow

I take no offense when someone elder in experience corrects my faults. Thanks for the suggestions/advice.

I will surely double check my grammar and narration of the story before publishing next time. Appreciate your help and ya, I wanted it to be bit funny lol.

Thanks
Have a great day
Bodi-Gundamma (1 stories) (21 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-26)
[at] RSAChick - Thanks for asking and I shall answer your question. "We "as in people believe in different methods of handling a situation. I used to prepare chicken curry everyday in a small amount and throw it the very next day. It's like feed them first and make them to get scared of broom stick later.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-25)
No offense intended but, do you realize how contradictory are the adjectives you use to describe the same thing?

"her face was having a weird shade... Dark shades than I had ever seen. It looked as she was sick because her face was pale"

Dark: adjective, having very little or no light. Approaching black in hue.

Pale: adjective, light in color or having little color.

"black-reddish lips, pale mouth"

I understand English is not your first language and, being English my second language too, I understand how difficult it is to express ones ideas on a second language. Your narrative is fresh and funny, but you have to pay attention to the little details that could tarnish the credibility of your story.

I'm not saying that this story is just a tale but, since "there are hundreds of my enocunters and sightings", it would be a good idea for you to read carefully your narrative/s before any future submission/s.

Would you believe me if I said that my neighbour is so short that she needs to bend over to walk under doorways, and her son is so fat that you can see his ribs under his skin?

I find myself facing such a dilemma reading your story and comments.

Cheers!
RSAChick (115 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-25)
[at] Bodi, how does the chicken curry thing work? Seems like a health risk keeping curry out of the fridge for days. So unless the spirits fear salmonella, I don't get how that works! 🤔
Vinayak16 (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-25)
Hey Rex-T

Thanks for commenting

I have had several encounters in this house. My mom has started to see wierd and unusual dreams, my dad saw something sitting in the front balcony, and there are hundreds of my enocunters and sightings.

And yes, the lady ghost was FLOATING AS IF SHE IS HANGING. I mean she had no ropes attached to her neck nor anything else. She was just in air and it looked like she is hanging there. By the way I will keep your suggestion of setting my fan to the maximum lol.

Thank you very much
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-09-25)
Hello Vinayak,

I've got a few questions for you.

How long have you lived in this particular house and is this the only time that you or any of your family have encountered this apparition? In other words, is the lady attached to the house or did one of your visitors bring her with them?

Was the apparition 'floating' or 'hanging'? Were the shoulders slumped, hands and feet pointing down, etc.

Was the ceiling fan turning or stationary? If stationary, next time I'd tell it to hang somewhere else or you will turn the fan onto the maximum setting.

I hope that you don't have to put up with it's company again.

Rex-T
Vinayak16 (1 stories) (14 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-25)
The thing I forgot to tell is I fell Ill the next day and had to visit the doctor once. Nothing else happened other than encounters happening again which I will tell you in my other stories.
Vinayak16 (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-25)
Hey Bodi gundamma and sleeping with steve,

Thanks for commenting.

I will take a look at these rituals. I had my sister take me to church and follow their methods and keeping a bible by me while sleeping. Even though it worked for few weeks, but encounters didn't stop. I will surely give these a try.

Thanks
Vinayak16 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-25)
Lady glow

And yeah I couldn't see through her tonsils lol. I could just see her face was having a weird shade. Different and dark shades than I had ever seen. It looked as she was sick because her face was pale lol. I can understand it seems funny but its my experience.

Amen
Vinayak16 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-25)
Hey RSAChick

Thanks for commenting.

Yes, even I have no idea how come I had that idea,lol. But that's what my body made me do as I couldn't just keep looking and had my bed just near. I remember falling sick the next day but nothing else.

Amen
Vinayak16 (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-25)
Hey sushantkar,

I don't usually read or watch paranormal movies, but I am interested in them. Sorry you felt this was unnatural but at that point, My senses made me lay down as I could not think of naything else.

Thanks for commenting.
Vinayak16 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-25)
Hey lady glow

Thanks for commenting.

Ya, I was paralyzed from fear but I remember that the bed was just inches away from me and I remember falling on my bed. Rest when I fell I could move and get under the covers. Sorry, next time I will explain better.

Amen
Bodi-Gundamma (1 stories) (21 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-24)
I remember what I did to remove spirits at home. It was time consuming and much patience is required. I went to Padma Stores, got broom stick and kept it in living room. After that I prepared chicken curry and kept it open in kitchen everyday. This made Spirit to run away from house where I was staying.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-24)
Oooops Vinayak, I forgot to include the link to Rookdygins profile page. Scroll half way down his profile info and you'll see how to do the ritual.

Apparently a lot of members have had successful outcomes just like me.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-24)
Hello Vinayak,

You must have been petrified. There's a member here called Rookdygin. He has a cleansing shielding ritual. It was recommended to me by a member named Curious Dee. I do it often now. It makes me feel safe. Give it a go.

Keep us posted.

😘 ❤ 😘
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-24)
Hello Vinayak, have you been reading horror stories or related articles or movies for some time? Because the way you have portrayed your experiences in your submission, it has often been shown in movies.
As like other members, I felt your reaction somewhat unnatural because often people felt wise in running away from such a terrible situation but you slept in spite of this.
Something draining physical energy may have a possibility so as seeing "things" in sleepy eyes...

I am not denying your experience, but are giving our inputs regarding your own written experience.

No offense ment though.

Regards
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+7
6 years ago (2018-09-24)
"black-reddish lips, pale mouth" - Do you mean her mouth was wide open and you were able to see all the way to her tonsils?

You did pretty well moving around for someone that was paralyzed! 😕

Happy Halloween!
RSAChick (115 posts)
+7
6 years ago (2018-09-24)
Hi Vinayak,

I just cannot imagine how you fell into bed and got under the covers and then slept all night after seeing that thing!?

Do you think it drained your energy? Did you have any other ill effects?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: