You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: More Life, Less Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

More Life, Less Ghosts?

 

My parents used to be into a lot of weird spiritual stuff, they are now Christians and prefer to avoid the topic of the paranormal. Sometimes they are willing to share a few details about their experiences with the paranormal, how my dad used to be some kind of psychic and could somehow channel messages from spirits, he used to get bothered often by malicious beings and his family and friends were starting to go insane from the fright.

He told me once about a woman in a big red dress, which caught my attention very abruptly, as I distinctly remember on multiple occasions when I was very young, as I had a tendency to wake up in the middle of the night, often on the floor, I would see a woman in a large (like early 1900s) red dress pacing back and forth in the middle of my room with a pale face and blank expression. She was transparent. She never seemed to be aware of me, she would just pace back and forth and be gone by morning. She did not frighten me.

In my childhood I had a strong fascination with the paranormal, and I'm beginning to think it was more than just fantasy or curiosity, but that it was linked to some experiences I was having. I was always nervous of ghosts and afraid of the dark. I had frightening people invade my dreams, and I don't know how I always ended up on the floor. I was always afraid to go down to the backyard at night to feed our pet rabbits as I always felt like something would chase me back up to the house, and one time I could feel it almost grab me.

I'm just kind of throwing all my experiences out there.

One time, when I was watching Pixar's Monsters Inc, with my sister, she turned to me randomly and said "I think Randall is my monster", since in the film each child is assigned a monster to come from the closet and scare them, Randall was the monster who would turn invisible. She claimed she could feel 'Randall' sitting on her bed but when she looked there was no one there.

A few nights later I had the same experience, we shared a room and I was on the top bunk. From memory I was somewhat afraid and the presence was very masculine, I was woken by the feeling of someone sitting on the bed near my legs, I didn't notice the feeling go away until I shuffled my legs a bit.

My experiences seem random, not constant, as some days I may see some shadow people in the corner of my eye but not the next day, though I do notice a feeling of being watched on those painful nights since I broke up with my boyfriend, and suspicious dark shapes in the reflection of my TV screen on the other side of my bedroom.

A few years ago we had some friends come over and pray for my dad's sickness to heal, they were speaking in tongues and went around the house to pray for each room, they said I should throw away my Egyptian sculptures and I did.

The point of my stories is the activity has greatly decreased since we got our dog, she is only a small dog but I was theorizing that perhaps the introduction of new life can chase away spirits? To be honest I would say my dog keeps them at bay from us but not out of the house, and houseplants seem to do the same, wherever there is life I feel much safer spiritually.

The activity hasn't stopped completely, we have had a few experiences especially on the most emotional nights, but personally I believe plants and animals somehow prevent spirits from forcing their way into our lives.

What do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cadarvel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cadarvel (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
[at] Favour
Thanks for your input, though what you have said is a very limited and narrow idea of Christian point of view in this context. There is much more to it since the house has already been prayed for and the like, I am not implying I feel endangered when I say plants and animals 'protect' me I mean they seem to stop any kind of supernatural activity occuring at all. As a Christian I doubt they could protect me from any real danger and there I agree with you, but that is not the case here.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Favour,

It will be good to remember that not everyone is overly religious on this site. Its one thing to make a suggestion but to preach is another. Some people do believe in spiritual methods and new age methods.

It's great that you're giving advice, but next time suggest it as an option rather than the only thing that will work.
favour (3 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
[at] cardavel, there will be a revival in your family and you will be just fine. In your christian walk, I will advise you to remain focused. The name of Jesus is enough to cancel any family curse. Learn to pray using the name of Jesus and the blood of Jesus upon every situation that overwhelmes you. He is more than able to restore sanity to your family.
Find a deliverance church to attend. Dont just walk into any church.
In life, you are either here or there... In all seriousness, you can'† afford to be cut up in between. This is not a time to be open minded concerning spiritual matters. If you are, you will end up opening more door to evil... Thus proving to God that He alone cannot resolve these issues...
It is well. God bless your family.
favour (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Hello, nice story here. I'm glad you feel safer now, but dogs and plants cannot make you feel safer. It is only God that created the dog and plant that can give you true peace... Remember to pray always and the peace of God that surpasses your understanding will be yours always.
Cadarvel (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-09)
I have a question...
My family is miserable, bad things happen to this house that I can't explain. Things break, or go missing, they have technological issues, the laptop overheats to the point of shutting down whenever my sister uses it.
They also pose an existence that can be considered harmful to all my plants, perhaps this can all be explained by the elemental entity having favor with me and some kind of spite for my family?
My only misery comes from my family and not from other sources as is the case for them. Can anybody find a paranormal link here?
GreyFeather (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-07)
You're right! Plants and animals bring goodness to your home. Their guardians are so helpful to us too. Don't be afraid, your more than safe-you're victorious! You will have so much more experiences in your life. Just remember you are protected and loved.
Cadarvel (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
I was thinking that the plants already here such as mature trees can be haunted and only new life like newborn puppy or exotic plants wuldwork. I am christian but very open minded and left wing unlike my parents. I do pray for protection.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
Hmm... It's possible. But there's some places on the planet that exist that are paranormal in nature that are mostly surrounded by trees, as well. Normally graveyards, old sites that used to bebustling but are now taken over, and... Here it comes... The Vortexes.

Now, I don't know if there's any debunked reasoning for the Vortexes... But if you haven't heard of them, look up the Oregon Vortex. It centers around one little home in the middle of the forest that is absurdly crazy to behold from a strange compilation of energies. Not haunted, necessarily, but definitely warped in some way. I think any place with erratic energy might call in spirits more often because there is more spare energy for them to use. When it comes to solid, pure nature...

Well, put simply, the food cycle. Everything in nature is a perfect puzzle piece. Nothing goes to waste... No body left un-reclaimed, no soil left un-replenished. Even the ocean against the shores doesn't crash in vain... Each tiny detail in nature has a purpose, a cycle, a repeating energy that is absorbed into anything and everything. Maybe this is why spirits may appear less in them, because there is less energy to be spared. Zen versus chaos, no?

Just a thought! 😉
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-22)
In the beginning paragraph you stated your parents were christian. And torwards the end you said they were going from room to room praying in tongues. It sounds like they were either blessing the house or exercising the house. It sounds like some of the spirits remain but most have left. It may take more than once to get rid of the spirits. The reason they told you to get rid of the egyptian stuff, they believe that statues and idols can bring unwanted spirits into your home. Just out of curosity, I get the impression you are not christian? If you don't mind what do you belief? I myself am a christian. I pray for him to keep me safe and to protect me. It works for me.

I'm glad you can find peace and feel safe in your plants and animals presences. We all need something sometimes to feel safer.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-22)
These are kind and gentle comments, everyone. This is a good place to come for wise words and understanding.
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Cadarvel,

Interesting theory. Well, love is a good feeling. Animals and plants are full of love and happy feelings. They love having a home, someone to love. Love brings light and happiness, attracts good energy, good spirits.

Just as negativity attracts negativity.

Yes imo, your dog and plants could be bringing love and peace, to chase away/calm the atmosphere. Most people underestimate the power that animals and plants have.

LW
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Thanks for your story and I'm glad the plants and your dog are making you feel safer 😁
I have a dog and it doesn't work for us (I will share that story soon)
Cadarvel (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Maybe my care for the plant life has found me favour with an elemental?
Cadarvel (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Thank you. I keep my collection of Bonsai trees down there and I'm not very scared anymore. It may be that older plants such as the trees nearby which were there before the spiritual activity don't have the same effect as a newly introduced life form?
I'd like to know more about these curious ghosts...
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
That's an incredible theory! 😆
I've only heard of animals being scared or defensive around spirits but maybe they are like our protectors.

Though why you were told to get rid of your Egyptian sculptures I have no idea but they believe something similar to what you're describing.
They worshiped animals as gods and nature 😊

I have also heard that negative emotions can attract curious and/OR negative energy (spirits - and when I say curious I don't always mean bad hehe).
Maybe the emotions you felt over the break up was sensed?

But either way you have to believe in what you wish to and if anything scares you try find explanations so you are not scared and if there are no logical answers then if you feel threatened tell you family and they may do another cleansing and possibly even down the back yard - Do you have a light there?

Wishing you all the best and hope it all dies down
Soon ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: