You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Probable Residual Haunting In Building

Real Ghost Stories

Probable Residual Haunting In Building

 

I work as a security guard so observation is something that is in my second nature because of that job. Not long ago I was at work (alone) and the place where I was, there where absolutely no people present.

It was a building with some offices, and they had a problem with their alarm system. The motion detectors seemed to get activated constantly without anyone being there, so they shut it down and let us come to secure the place until the alarm company came to fix it.

While I was sitting there doing some stuff on the computer a cardboard sign suddenly tipped over. I went to check it but I could not find why it did that. There was nobody there that could have touched it, there was no draft in the building.

Behind the desk where I was sitting was a staircase, the staircase was locked down because they where working in the building and there was no stair (they where in the process of placing a new one)

Suddenly I heard footsteps on the stairs, this could not be the case because there where no stairs at that moment.

So I unlocked the door where the staircase was to check the sound and while I was looking down I saw a sort of white transparent figure going away from the hole. To be honest, I was kind of freaked out in my mind. What have I seen, where it came from I do not know.

Unfortunately due to the lack of the stairs I could not go and investigate it (and at that moment I was too freaked out to do so I think:p)

After this happening I started to get more interested in the paranormal and I started to research some things. I have found out who the owner of the building was and how to contact him. I contacted him (anonymously, so I would not harm the security company I work for if he thinks I was crazy). This is the answer I received from him by email (I translated it myself in English)

Dear sir,

Can I ask you the reason for asking about spiritual history of the building. I can only imagine you doing this because someone has told you that there is a ghost in our basement.

The building has been in my family for a long time. There have been reports of people, including me that have seen and heard strange things. The basement of the building is a place where strange things happen, and also the entrance to the basement has a strange feel to it.

In 1928 a servant of the family fell down the stairs to the basement, broke her neck and died at the bottom of the stairs. Many believe that now she haunts the building.

I can not give you further details about this event as this is all that has been told to me about it, but since I have had some experiences here in the house I tend to believe the story.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

At the moment I read this the mail I got shivers down my spine, the only explanation I can give to the "thing" I have seen is that it was the spirit of the lady who died there. Was it her, was it someone or something else, I will never know I guess.

I mailed the man back to ask if it was possible to send an investigation team to the building, but that is something he could not allow.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Koenmol, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WasteOfAnArrow (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-01)
This is for sure an intelligent spirit. If it is setting off alarms at random times and tipping signs over, then it knows what it is doing. Residual spirits perform the same tasks at pinpoint times on the dot. So unless the same things are happening every night, this spirit is intelligent. Be careful communicating with it, though. Don't use a Oujia board, those invite in spirits from all over and cannot be trusted. Thanks for sharing!
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
I'm not an expert, but I am learning, and my first thought was that is was not residual, also. I agree with LakotaWinyan that it sounds more intelligent.

I can see why you would think it was residual - the sounds of footsteps on stairs that don' - at least for now - exist.

I did not know such things - intelligent hauntings - existed until I joined this group about a year ago. Stay with us. I certainly would appreciate any followup you can provide.

Good luck! And thanks for posting here.
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Koenmol,

Sounds like an intelligent haunt, not residual. Something tripping off the alarms and tipping over a sign are definitely intelligent. You may wish to investigate further sometime. Like bring a recorder, spirit box, etc and talk to the entity that is apparently bored and playing with the "neat-o" noisy alarms and other things.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I respect your ability to remain calm and complacent.

LW
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
I am curious as to why you believe it was residual. I believe, in my personal opinion, that this was not residual. I know some people disagree but I do not believe a residual haunting can affect the enviroment i.e. Knocking over the sign. I am glad to hear that the building owner responded to your email. Thanks for sharing your story.
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Hi Koenmol thanks for your story I believe it was the lady you saw as well

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: