You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Thinks It's Called Doppelganger?

Real Ghost Stories

I Thinks It's Called Doppelganger?

 

My fiance and I moved to Cartwright, Oklahoma, with my parents in August. I lived with them in this house before I met Patrick and I was used to the shadows and the noises. But when I moved back with Pat it got worse.

I was in the kitchen about a week after we moved in while my parents where in town. I heard what sounded like my fiance sneaking up behind me like he always does, so I turned around expecting to see him there with a grin on his face. There was no one there. I called out to him and didn't get an answer. Not 10 minutes later he walked in the front door. He had walked to the store not far from our house. I told him what had happened and he laughed it off. It happened several more times.

Then the other night my brother was visiting and was laying on the couch watching TV after our parents had gone to bed. My fiance and I were laying in bed watching TV in our room. A little over an hour later my brother knocked on the bedroom door and asked if Pat had just came out of the bathroom. Pat shook his head no and I said that he hadn't moved since we had laid down 2 hours before. My brother said that he could of swore it was Pat because it looked and walked just like him. This has also happened a few more times.

My mother has recently complained about me coming into her room and watching her sleep at night and my fiance and I know that it's not me doing it.

There's times I'll walk into the kitchen and catch my dad talking to himself and he'll turn around and look at me with a confused look on his face and he'll swear he was just talking to me.

I'm not really afraid because no one's been harmed but it does worry me a little that my fiance and I are being copied by who or whatever is here.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, silverwolf1724, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

harrypotterfan2013 (16 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-08-30)
look likes are ghosts and ghosts can't kill you ok I don't know why people say they kill you
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-23)
bizzjoe...haha. Love that. I would love to track mine also and send it to do all the things that I didn't want to do such as dentist appointments, doctor appointments, work, and now... To shovel all this snow for me. 😉

Zeta.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-23)
i would love to track down my doppelganger, then I would train it, & send it off to work instead of me so I wouldn't have to do anything... Brill
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
Since this doppelganger has appeared as both you and your fiance, I am willing to believe it is more of a prankster type of a ghost. Just as there are people in the living world who like to pull pranks, sure there is ghosties in the other world who do too. I would try acknowledging the ghost when it comes into the next room and say "hi" we know that you are here. I think that this might stop this behavior of this ghost, not going to get rid of it but maybe it will leave you alone.

Zeta.
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
Silverwolf1724:
Sounds like you have either a Doppleganger or a michevious spirit that is taking great pleasure in try to confuse or bug you all. Sounds like a cheeky practical joker in spirit form.

There are several things you could do, depending on how you feel about what is going on with the spirit and the other people in your house... How do they feel?:

1/ You could get your house blessed by a Priest (Or Similar depending on your familes religious beliefs). Get them to sprinkle holy water around in the house. And get him to ask any unwanted spirits to leave.

2/ Contact a Poster on this site called "Rookdygin", he has a excellent top quality Cleansing Spell... I know it works very very well. And is easy to do. And to make sure everything is ok... Repeat it a couple of times here and there for a while afterwards. This is brilliant.

3/ You could live with it if it doesn't bother you too much... I share a house currently with several ghosts, inside and out... And after laying down some rules about how to behave if they wanted to stay here to a couple of the more cheeky ones... I have no problems with any of them now. In fact I really enjoy them being around. And actually miss them when I am away working as I often am.

Many other posters on here with more experience than me (And there are a lot of very good ones on here) will be able to offer you more and probably better suggestions. Others on here too will tell you they also happily live every day like I do. (They have the stories on here for you to read and enjoy).

I hope that I have helped you out a bit. And that you can get something worked out.

Kind Regards
MsWrestlersGhost!
kittyalice (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
Seeing yourself is supposed to be a bad omen... Maybe bless the house? It should be okay if they've not harmed anyone?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: