You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: That Woman In The Kalachuchi

Real Ghost Stories

That Woman In The Kalachuchi

 

This experience happened in our town, a province of Leyte, Philippines. Me and some cousins from the city were having our summer vacation there, also in time for the coming town fiesta. Our town is one of those typical "still conservative" type, and me and my cousins are just eager roaming around, sight seeing ancestral things, and meeting people.

One night, we were watching a cultural show held by school teachers in the town plaza. It was fun, very nostalgic. After the show, around 9PM, we decided to go home. Our grandmother's house were just not more than 100 meters from the plaza. There were 3 of us that time and we were just walking, passing through the now already sleeping old houses, closed stores, some empty stalls in the market, and some few groggy-drunkards. Though there were still few people near by, the town is almost at its full slumber under the gloomy moon.

We were busy talking when suddenly, out of nowhere, we noticed there was a woman in front of us, we could say she's walking, in a long white dress and long black hair. Though we can't see her full details, it's definitely a woman. There she was in front of us, just some 5-6 steps ahead.

We never really thought of anything rather than maybe she's just one of those neighbors who fetches water on a public water pump nearby. She then made a turn to the left between some couple of tress, just beneath a Kalachuchi (Plumeria Acuminata). Just when we also looked, she was not there! Nobody and nothing was there! The area was empty and dark.

We were shocked, looking at each other, couldn't react for a moment. It's just impossible if she'll be gone that quick or instant, yet, all the three of us saw her. Then suddenly a thin cold wind blows, and the scent of Kalachuchi just wraps us; that's when we got our senses and the nerve to run.

Our house was not so far away, we ran fast and couldn't even remember that we just jumped over the fence! Inside the house, some servants were still awake. They were asking why we're so scared, sweating and catching our breaths. We told them that we were chased by dogs and helped us to calm down. We hardly fell asleep that night, shocked and scared.

In the morning, we went to that area again, it was a vacant lot, some couple of trees, and with remains of what it looks like a house beneath a clouding Kalachuchi tree. One neighbor approaches us with a grin saying, "Ah, you guys seen her?" Answering with just a nod, she told us that there was a woman who hung herself in the Kalachuchi. It was said that she lost her loved one. They were about to get married when her man was then forced to marry another woman. Later there was a house, and was destroyed because nobody wants to live there, because always haunted by her.

After learning her sad story, that scary feeling was gone, only pity. But we never really didn't see her again. We asked some relatives and other people, and the story is the same. Up to this time, there's still that Kalachuchi tree, and some says they sometimes saw her there.

Every time I smell a Kalachuchi flower, I could remember that experience.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by v0xp0puli101

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, v0xp0puli101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
one of the houses in the village just across our house was said to be haunted by a white lady who also hung herself, they said it was because her family left her and she was the only one left in the house. Maybe she killed herself out of depression. One of the kids in the village said that when they saw her body hanging inside the house (I forgot which part of the house she hung herself) there was blood dripping from her mouth which formed a heart shape on her chest.

Nice story! Keep it up:)
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
A nicely-written story. Quite atmospheric. Thanks for sharing this.
v0xp0puli101 (10 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
Zander, SDS - Thanks for the comments!

It was really one of my unforgettable teenage-experiences!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-27)
Hello v0xp0puli101, that was a nice and neat narration. I know how you guys must have felt when she disappeared. You had the courage to go to that place the next day and your research on the issue are quite good. Let us hope that she sees the light and passes on quite soon to rest in peace.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-26)
Wow! Very interesting and well-written account. Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: