You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Protective Spirits After Surgery

Real Ghost Stories

Protective Spirits After Surgery

 

I was very sick on Sunday, 6th January 2013, and by Monday I sought out a doctor. By Wednesday I had seen 5. To crown everything, I had to be in surgery on Thursday. I was so scared. Charlie did his best to calm me down, I was in pain, and even little Kiddo braved leaving his sanctuary to walk with me to the TV room (10 steps) and make sure I was ok. That was so touching to me. Tim told me all of them knew I was in pain, and they were all worried. On the day of the surgery I was waiting in the ward, both Gran and Charlie were on the bed with me.

By 1:00PM I was wheeled to theatre, only Gran followed. I was discharged that evening, the procedures done and, of course, in a lot of pain. Gran and Charlie were with me every second. The Friday I felt bad for leaving my mom to defrost the fridge by herself, so I went to keep her company, but I couldn't be on my feet too long and at one point bent forward, holding onto my stomach. Charlie showed that image to Tim, boy was I in trouble for not being in bed where I belonged.

I slept a lot during the day, but at night my pain seemed to be worse, and I struggled to sleep. The Tuesday, 15 Jan, I struggled so long that I got mad and frustrated and then, suddenly, papers on my vanity started moving. And not in a "did I just imagine that?" kind of way. They moved all over. Then the curtain moved on the other side of the room, and, instead of being scared, I laughed and told Charlie I'd be ok, and the papers and curtains stopped moving.

On Wednesday evening Tim was telling me how roughly people actually get handled in theatre, and he said Gran felt she wanted to slap the doctor a few times when he was busy with me. When I asked him why he said:

"In her words, they are hurting my baby. And just before you ask, that's what she calls you."

This was such an amazing revelation to me; I had never thought that she had nicknames for any of us. I asked him what she calls my mom, and he said "Lientjie", which is a derivative of her first name. I never thought I'd be able to get to a point where thoughts of ghosts gave me warm and fuzzy feelings.

The same evening, my sister and her husband came to visit. My son, H, was sitting on the couch with them, but he was facing them, and looking over the back of the couch, looking past the treadmill to Kiddo\'s door. When suddenly, he exclaimed "Uncle P, there was a little white man by the couch!" This unsettled everyone. When I later asked Tim about this, he assured me that it was just Kiddo, coming out of his room to see what we were doing. Elaine said the one thing that Tim said about this, that is still very cryptic, is that H was 100 percent right when he described Kiddo as a little white man. When she tried to inquire whether it had to do with the fact that the little guy had burned to death, Tim just smiled and didn't elaborate.

All is active and well, spiritually speaking, in my home.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
geetha50
I made the mistake of trying to explain to the boys about Kiddo. After all, he is harmless, and he loves having them around, so I don't want them to be afraid of him. But I only succeeded in freaking them out. Tim warned me they were too young to grasp this concept. I made a bit of a mess of the situation.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
It could be. Have you talked to your son about what he saw and get more details?
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
Geetha50
Hi there. You make a very good point there. Though Tim insists Kiddo is a little boy, between 4 and 6. The pictures I have caught him on, he kind of reminds me of a cupie doll. What i'm wondering, H saw an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch with me, where they had a "Lint gremlin" in their clothes dryer. H calls that thing a little white man too. Perhaps he made a connection between the two.
doorperson (2 stories) (5 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
I don't get it. I don't know anyof your family so that's probably why
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
I hope you get better. I know surgery is never fun and I had two in my life time and the second one being in November, 2012; I am still healing from it now. So I could empathize with you.

I am with you on the whole situation with Kiddo. I'm just letting my mind wonder here... Could it be that Kiddo was a teenager or something but could have had a physical and mental problem... I saying this because if your son saw a short man, it could have been that Kiddo was a really short teenager and in your previous stories you mentioned that Kiddo liked playing with toys... Could it be that Kiddo was a mentally challenged teenage boy who like to play with toys and could be short...
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
Thank you for sharing, and I hope you feel well soon.

As a side note, I sheltered my son from any ghost talk, intuition, etc until he was about 16. While he did hear some whispering and someone calling his name (which scared him half to death), he never saw anything-for which I was grateful. Now at 21, he enjoys the ghosts he's run across.:)
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
Hi Rook
I still have moments when the fact that they are there really overwhelms me. The night H saw kiddo I got scared, heaven knows why, and this is why I could not sleep that night. For some reason having him state that he could see the little guy put everything in new perspective. He is now afraid of the dark, though he still loves kiddo's room when the light is on. T isn't afraid, or so my brave little soldier says, but they sneak into my room every night, not wanting to sleep alone.

I'm not sure if I still have fear of Kiddo because of the fact that familially, we are not linked. I don't get so afraid when charlie and gran make their presences clear.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
triden07,

Thank you for sharing this. I hope all is well and I am glad your Family, Past and Present has been around to help you through this.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: