You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Baby's Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Baby's Guardian Angel?

 

I'd just like someone else's opinion on how to make sense of what I believe I saw.

My baby daughter is 7 months old and last night we got an early night. At approximately 11:30 pm my daughter was awakening, so I opened my eyes as I wasn't asleep properly, and saw what was a man in a dark suit with dark hair and medium build (I didn't get to see his face) and bright white light around it bent slightly over my daughter's cot watching her. He then turned to look at me as I sat up bolt right in bed unable to believe what I was seeing and vanished.

I never felt scared and we didn't talk. I just felt really calm. I then went to walk over to her cot, but my left knee would bend and felt all tingly, so I limped (it felt like it would give way if I put too much weight on it). There's nothing wrong with my knees normally. I found I then wanted to stay awake to see if it reappeared.

Could this be my daughter's guardian angel or a relative, as my partner's grandfathers passed over some years ago and he was quite close to them (I never met them). I have one of my grandfathers pass over but wasn't close to him, and why would my knee go like it did?

My partner is currently working away, but this figure resembled his build and height. I have talked to my partner and he thinks I was just dreaming but I know I saw something.

This isn't the first time I've experienced things either or seen people but I've always felt scared before. This didn't feel like it was out to frighten me but rather just to see my daughter.

Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lottiesmum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
They say all mothers are guardian angels in disguise and there's probably a whole gang of family living or not that's queuing to meet your daughter. Hope all is good with your family:)
Lottiesmum (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Thanks everyone I spoke with my partners mother and she believes it was her father as he regularly wore suits, she then dug out some old photos and the resemblance was amazing I now truly believe Lotties great grandfather was and still is present around her. The strange thing is I said in my story about my knee and Lotties great grandfather had a lot of trouble with his, sometimes not being able to stand on it, maybe he was letting me know in some way who it was!?!
Mercy13 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
I agree with aussiedaz.
The Man could be your partners grandfather.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
I believe that you have to go by your feelings and intuition. If you did not feel threatened or frightened, then I would believe that this entity was just checking in to see the little baby. Maybe he wanted to get a good look to see if there were any resemblance to him. I think that if this entity were out to harm, you would feel it. Also, it was almost as if he got "caught in the act" the way he saw you were watching him and then he vanished.

Good story, zeta.
RollingStonesGhost (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Lottiesmum, looks like your baby has a special person in spirit watching over them. You stated your partner's grandpa's have passed away and the visitor resembled him. Undoubtably it's one of your partners passed over relatives coming to look at the baby and maybe to be the child's protector in their life. You are so very lucky to see him. Your baby will be special and that's why the spirit world is looking after her.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. This ghost is just there to care and protect.

Jesse.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Hi Lottiesmum, I do not think that the limp has got anything to do with the paranormal. Even I get it sometimes. Well, I think probably after your seeing the entity, your numbness could have made you to relate the events.

I feel that your partner's relatives, who passed on, could have been present to see the grandchild. As Rook said, the light proves that probably he might be a guardian to your kid.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
I agree with aussiedaz... There is a wonderful chance that it was your partners past relative looking in on his great grand child. The feeling of peace and calm you felt 'reinforces' that idea.

As far as your leg being numb and hard to walk on? Best Guess... Your leg was 'asleep'...the position you were resting in had caused the circulation in your leg to slow down and when you stood up it was restored... Hurt like the dickens and made it hard for you to place your weight on it... With in 2-3 minutes your leg was fine? I do not think that was 'paranormal'...

Thanks for sharing with us, it sounds as if your child does have a guardian... Or at least a relative that wanted to pay his respects from the 'other side'.

Respectfully,

Rook
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Absolutely it could be your daughters guardian perhaps even a relative such as your partners grandfather... He don't necessarily have to resemble his age of death neither presuming he lived to an elderly age even though you didn't make out his face, see if you can find some photo's of your partners grandfather when he was in his 20's or 30's and look at what attire he was wearing and see if the built resembles what you saw over your daughters cot?...ask some uncles/aunts if he had that type of suit and wore it with pride? Not only can we appear younger in spirit when we cross but we sometimes choose to wear clothing that we was once quite fond off... I believe firmly children are protected and the light you saw around this man may well represent his authority to protect her?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: