You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: I Need My Mommy 3

Real Ghost Stories

I Need My Mommy 3

 

After reading LouSlip's story "Walter in the Basement," I decided it was time to submit this story. I've held off because I, like Lou, wasn't sure how it would be received.

As some of you know, I had a little girl ghost when my daughter, Jerrica, was little. I've submitted two stories about her, "I Need My Mommy" and "I Need My Mommy 2." After I left Jerrica's dad, I felt like I left my own child behind. This was very hard for me for a long time. I saw her, I heard her. I know it was irrational, but I felt like I had abandoned her.

I tried to find out who she was, who the family might have been that lived there, but I kept coming up with dead ends. Our local courthouse "purges" records after so many years I was told. I went to our local newspaper and tried the archives and microfiche. But I didn't have a name or even a year so I came away empty handed there also. From my former neighbor, I knew there had been three families who had rented the home who had daughters. My neighbor knew two of the families and knew that their daughters had grown to adults. But one family she didn't know what had happened to them. They had three daughters and they just "moved one night." All of this information was just to let you know I tried to find out who she was and what happened to her. I couldn't.

Like I said, this bothered me. I mean really bothered me. It got to the point where it would bring tears to my eyes because I felt like I was the only one who could help her and I wasn't doing anything to help her. Finally, months after I'd left that house, I found a psychic. This is the same woman who told me if I opened myself up again "they would come."

When I told her I needed help, I asked her if I could send the little girl to the light without going back in that house. She told me yes, I could and told me how to do it. I picked a night that my kids were out of the house. I said my protection prayer and lit my white candles. I had asked her how I would know if it worked. She told me I would "get cold chills all over my body."

Now, here's where I fully expect not to be believed and why I haven't submitted this story before. And that's okay. After I did everything I was instructed to do, and sent her to the light, instead of the "cold chills all over my body" that I was expecting, my mouth immediately grinned, totally involuntarily. I'm talking ear-to-ear Alice in Wonderland Cheshire Cat grin. I grinned so big it actually hurt LOL. And then this feeling of warmth came over me. It was like someone had taken a fleece blanket straight from the dryer, wrapped me in it, and hugged me tight. It was incredible, awesome and humbling. I sat there on my bed for several minutes just grinning, while I was being "held."

Of course, since the psychic told me I'd get cold chills, I really wondered if I had accomplished what I wanted to do. I went back and saw her and we discussed my experience. When I told her I wasn't sure I had done it, she asked me why I thought that. After I explained that I didn't get cold chills, she asked me if I felt anything and, if so, what. She sat there silently for a few minutes and then told me that not very many people ever get to feel that. She said it was rare for someone to get that feeling the first time they cross someone over; that most people get chills the first several times. She then told me that I have a gift and, if I choose to use it, I can help many spirits cross over. She also cautioned me that if I accepted this, I had to make sure it was really what I wanted because they will come. Sometimes many at a time.

Because my children were still young, and I'll be completely honest with y'all here, I was afraid I'd end up with a bad one, I decided I wasn't ready to do this. At least not right now. But let me tell you, this was one freaking incredible experience that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-19)
Khili180 - thanks for going back and reviving this experience. It really is one that touches me deeply. Every so often, when I'm updating my Journal, I'll go back and read this just because this little girl touched my heart ❀

As for Jerrica... If she remembers anything, she's still keeping it to herself. It's over 15 years later and she still doesn't say anything about it if there is a memory. I don't press her about it. I figure if she remembers and wants to talk about it, she'll do it in her time.
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-17)
Oh and by the way, even I feel Jerrica is hiding something for you... Waiting for when she'll be ready, like you said. Maybe she does remember something after all! I may be wrong...
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-17)
I know this is a story you posted wayyy back but I'm new to this site and your extremely supportive post on my story brought me here. Read a few of your stories and some are Already in my favourites... Firstly I must say hats off to you miracles- for having such a warm heart. To think you would feel so motherly and attached to the little girl that you would go through all the trouble to make her see the light, is touching:) and yes I think you took the right decision by choosing to safeguard your family first:) your children are lucky to have you:))
Secondly, I think the posts on this story are Amazing:)) you seeing the mom coming to receive her girl is extremely heart warming. And then the two touching stories of death by louslips and daz... Wow! Just wow!
Thank you miracles:) take care:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Spider - thank you for taking time to go back and read my old stories. This little girl was particularly special to me ❀. It may be because she was the first little girl spirit I had, or because she was my daughter's age at the time. Or because she just broke my heart. Maybe all of them and more.

Spider - I can't give you any evidence to back up who I believe she was and what happened to her, only my gut feelings. Sometimes that's all we have, isn't it? But it is a strong gut feeling. I believe this baby (and because she was so young, that's how I feel about her), was the youngest daughter of the family that just up and moved. I also believe she was...I'm sorry, this is the part that I've held back because it is so hard for me.

I have such a hard time with anything bad that has to do with children. There are parts to this story that I've never shared, simply because it was too hard. But I believe she was hurt in the worst way imaginable and then murdered by this same man who hurt her.

Maybe it's time to add another part to that story. It's about the man in the house.
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Hello Miracles

I trust you are well. I have been reading backdated stories as I just recently joined and I wanted to know if you felt comfortable sharing what your theory on the little girl is?
If its too painful then don't worry, I'm just curious.

Spider
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
anneke8 - thank you for reading my story and for leaving a comment. I have my "theory" about what happened to the little girl, but have no proof. And without proof, I have nothing. And, yes, it was upsetting. The only thing that gives me a small measure of peace is knowing I was able to help her in the end.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Must be very upsetting to not know what the girl's name was and what happened to her!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
geetha - it's not that I didn't think the story was good enough to share, it's the topic of the story. The crossing over. I wasn't sure how it would be received. There are so many different beliefs and disbeliefs LOL, that I wasn't really sure I'd be believed, you know? And then Lou submitted his story, and it was well received and I thought, what the heck πŸ˜†. The timing just seemed to be right to share her final story. I don't know that it was courage, geetha, as much as I felt a mother's love for a child.

I was never able to get in touch with any of the former tenants. Everything led to a dead-end. I think, after all these years of dwelling on this, that maybe all I was meant to do was what I did. Help her find peace. Maybe I wasn't meant to do more than that. My mind wanted to do more than that, my heart wanted justice. But I don't think that was my role in this. I think, in all sincerity, that this was all I was supposed to do.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have to put my kids first, geetha. As much as I would love to pursue this avenue, I play the "what if" game too much. "What if" I would come into contact with something bad? "What if" something happened and I couldn't control it? "What if" something went wrong and I didn't know what to do? All of these things would affect my kids and my kids are my world.

Maybe one day, after Dalton has grown up and is out of the house (and hopefully Jerrica is out by then too LOL), if the opportunity is there, I will have grown enough and learned enough by then that I can do whatever it is that I'm meant to do. Until then, I'll just do what I do πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
TruthinDarkness - sorry for the delay in responding to your comment. As I've said before, I really appreciate you reading my stories and taking the time to comment on them.

Unfortunately I have no advice for you on how to "let spirits into your life." I believe there are people who can go their whole lives and never experience anything. I also believe there are people who experience things daily, yet don't believe; therefore, they don't see.

Again, thank you for reading my story and commenting.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Hi Miracles,
I some how missed this story of yours and I just finished reading it. I came straight to the commenting without reading the comments so I don't forget my thoughts.

First of all, what the hell?!?! What made you think that this story wasn't good enough. This is truly amazing that you had the courage to do something like that. I don't think other people would go to that extend to help anyone let a lone a child who already died. I wish that there were a lot more people like you.

Secondly, even after helping the child out, we you able to find anything out and were you able to get in contact with the previous tenants that your former neighbour mentioned? They might have shed some light on the girl?

Lastly, I'm proud of you for thinking about your family first before you started to cross that girl over. Unfortunately, not many people think to much of the other people when they decide to do something in the paranormal and they feel the aftermath of it later and many times it's not good.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
Awesome story! I really want to let spirits into my life. It will probably scare me at first, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. There's so much we can learn. Any suggestions on how to do this are welcome. I truly hope that I can experience sending a spirit into the light some day. I can only imagine the feeling that I would get.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
snoopy - I'm sorry, I just saw your comment. Thank you and, yes it was an amazing, incredible experience. One I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Thank you for reading another of my stories 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
applerose - hey there 😊 You know, out of all the little girl ghosts I've shared a home with, I've never had one that broke my heart the way this one did. Granted, she was my first legitimate "I can see you and I know you're here" ghost that didn't scare the crap out of me. But this baby, oh this one made me cry.

I've never questioned why I've never had the urge or instinct to cross over the others since her. Maybe she hadn't been dead as long as they have been and hadn't gotten used to it. God that sounds cold and harsh, doesn't it? I don't mean it that way. Or maybe it was just an experience I was meant to have. Whatever the reason, I am so grateful to have met her and to have helped her in her journey home.

Hopefully one day, when the time is right, I can do it again. It truly is amazing.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
Miracles - Wow lady - now that's what I call an experience. I don't know if I could have done what you did (too scary - LOL) I would have freaked out - lol. But, I do want to say this - I'm so glad that there are people with gifts - such as yourself - to send lost ghost to the light. Amazing story - glad I finally got around to read it 😁
snoopy2010 (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
hi miracles, just read your story wow am glad you managed to help the little girl cross over. Sounds like you had an amazing experience.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
hi5girl - there is no update on this story. I sent the little girl "to the light" and that's where this story ends. But at least she finally has a happy ending 😊
hi5girl (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
also has anything happened recently? Please get back to me. Thank you. ❀ 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
hi5girl - thank you so very much for that compliment. Zzsgranny is one of my favorite posters too πŸ˜† and one of the reasons I joined YGS. She is also one of my closest friends, so that is definitely a high compliment 😊.

I'm so glad you enjoy my stories.
hi5girl (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
wow miracles I just LOVE your stories. This is my favourite one of your stories. I mean you and zzgranny are the best posters on here. Sincerly, Hi5girl
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
granny - yes, that was my sole intention for tagging this story with "The End." Her terrible journey is over, thus "The End." It upset me, I won't even pretend to lie about it, when I saw the title was changed.

So I took Javelina's advice and contacted the editors. This was their response: "We have a system for sequels that applies for all stories on the site: title, title 2, title 3, title 4, etc. Keeping that system everwhere is the only way to be able to detect sequels automatically in the future."

It just surprised me that the story was published with the title the way I submitted it and then edited 6 days later. Oh well, at least now I know and will be prepared if I submit any sequels in the future.

Thank youπŸ˜‰
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Miracles: How did the title to your story get changed?...Isn't it supposed to be "The End" and not part "3"?...I don't know, but I think it's pretty important to leave the name at "The End" since this experience marked the end for your little girl ghostie's sorrows here in our plane... That was your intention, right? ❀ ❀ 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
thats fine hun had to warn you 😁
Ohh a confession!?
My ears are open come and see father taz when ever πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
taz - thanks for the heads up❀ I might have to pass on Leon. I'll check out the comments before I do the story and if I survive the comments, I'll try the story out. But definitely not while I'm at work. So I don't see me on Leon's story, you'll know I couldn't handle it.

I'm reserving my right to yell at you at a later time, but I'll have to make a confession if I do πŸ˜‰.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Aw, Daz - we went through some tough times together. I think we did just fine 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
miracles I just added 2 stories and as promissed am now warning you one is a story that's a real sad one mentioned I was planning to add its called "leon" will say don't read it, (loss of baby involved) but that's up to you wanted to give you heads up before its added (if it does)

The second is a story you can jump all over with huge boots on, write a massive comment on how daft I was blah blah blah, that ones called
"church yards and ouija boards don't mix"
NO!STOP RIGHT THERE! GET YOUR HANDS OFF THAT KEYBOARD!?!

Wait until its posted until you say what a dope I was lol (again if it gets on)
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Thanks Marjie 😁...your a good friend too, I don't know how you put up with me sometimes, the things that fall out of my mouth a lesser friend by now would of slam the door... Especially with friendships via the pen like this where there is perception to deal with... I seriously apologize to you mate if I have let you down at times... You have a big heart Marjie and some wonderful traditional values, thanks for sticking by me mate... ❀

Darren 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Daz - I can only hope that something I've said, some experience I've had, has helped someone somewhere. It's one of the reasons I joined the site: thinking if something I, or my kids, experienced could ease someone's mind or lessen their confusion or anxiety, then I would be doing a good thing. I especially wanted to let people know, those who didn't already, that not all ghosts are scary and here to drive us out of our homes and our minds πŸ˜†. That we can peacefully co-exist. And, at least in my case, it can be a rather...ummm...less than boring life πŸ˜†

You've been here for me from the beginning, Daz. You've helped in so many ways with your advice and insight. Helped me see things that I might not have thought about. You have become one of my closest friends and another member of my family. Thank you. ❀
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Congrads on your 1000th Miriacles, no doubt a lot of them have helped a few here... I know that you have helped me on mine a few times... Lol 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
your right darkness 😲
Just worked it out and has been roughly 160 posts per month!
Only been here just under 4 months and already on 641 posts (maxed out twice) I talk to much πŸ˜†
Saying that I have made some great friends so its all good 😊
Ok knocking of for today wil see you all later (13ish hours) night all xx
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
bless you for that darkness 😁
Thats what comes of having little to do in a 12 hour night shift, a strange imagination (bit~ch bus!?!)
And atleast 3 trolls to play with.

And then there are the kleenex moments with storys that get you staight in the ❀
Oh and strong coffee/3 sugars πŸ˜†

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: