You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Last Night Midnight

Real Ghost Stories

Last Night Midnight

 

I am a Sr. Caregiver and have a couples client who I spend overnight shifts with in their home twice a week. This is a calm peaceful home. The home is a ranch style with a partially finished basement. No one uses the basement anymore except for storage and maintenance on heating and plumbing issues. Approx. 1 month ago I escorted a repairman downstairs to replace their furnace. The area we needed to go into has a dirt floor with concrete half walls throughout - almost looking like a maze. Upon entering, I immediately felt as though there was a presence, but merely ignored it because the room was a bit spooky looking anyway.

Well, last night right at midnight, I was cleaning in the kitchen upstairs. I turned around to put away a glass and a misty/smoky/gray cloud of sorts, darted quickly right in front of me through the kitchen. Probably 8 inches off the ground, 3 feet high and 8 feet long. Immediately sent chills all through every part of my body even though the house is kept at 80 degrees.

At first, I was shocked at what I saw. I have felt presences often, but have never seen anything. It had to come up from downstairs, through the pantry, through the kitchen and into the dining room. Once I found my composure and the chills ceased (approx. 1 min.), I looked in on the senior couple, they were fine and asleep. Their door was closed and when I opened it the cat was sound asleep on the bed. Hmmm, not the cat I saw! I stepped into the dining room, which is the way this "mist" had headed. No more sightings, but again, immediately chills everywhere in my body.

I continued to do this numerous times over a 20 minute period. Chilled to the bone when entering and a quick warm up when exiting the dining room. Didn't go downstairs. I spoke to it and reassured it that I was there to help not harm. - No response. I didn't feel danger or fearful - just curious and alert.

Could this have been a Shadow Ghost? I go back to this home tonight, should I just ignore what happened last night and not try to contact?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Winston, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Winston (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-24)
Here we go again... 2 days after my last breakfast experience, the Senior gentleman, woke about 3:15 a.m. And asked me why "Abner" was in his room and wanted to know what he wants! No sightings, no sounds, no smells and no chilly rooms...
Winston (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-24)
Well well, all good advice of which I have taken to heart. My next visit, 2 days later, no sighting, but again very cold within the dining room and occasional chills. The senior couple eats the same breakfast every morning. Upon my waking, they were still asleep. I went into the kitchen to prepare their breakfast and the bowls, spoons, glasses, cups, cereal and milk were all sitting out ready to use. The milk carton was warm and the cereal bag was out of the box. I don't prepare this ahead of time so all I can assume is that this presence was just trying to help.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
Of course, you can do what you want to do and many people on here will encourage you to contact whatever it is. Personally, I urge you to just ignore it. When you acknowledge a presence, it gains power and things could easily get out of hand.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
Hi Winston, thanks for sharing your experience. While I was reading, I just felt what Rook said. I was thinking that the spirit was drawing energy from you. I do not think there is anything negative about this entity.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
I agree with the others, the spirit was probably just checkin things out... Please keep us posted...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Winston,

Renovations/Repairs can sometimes 'stir up' activity. In this case what you saw may have been a resident 'spirit' that had enough energy to 'manifest' as the mist you saw. The chills you felt may have been caused due to the spirit trying to draw energy from you, or you walked into a spot in the room it had drawn energy from thus causing a 'cold spot'.

My 'gut feeling' is that the work being done in the basement caused this spirit to be just what BadJuuJuu said curious and alert. It simply wants to know what's going on in 'its' home and if there are any changes happening in it.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Fascinating and well-told account, Winston. Thank you for posting. I see such things now and then, but never have I experienced the cold feeling you felt in the dining room, at least not in connection with a shadow.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
It doesn't sound like anything to worry about. You say you only felt curiosity and alertness, and I think if it was anything negative you would have picked up on that. If you see it again, just say hello and go on about your business.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: