You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Stories From My Past

Real Ghost Stories

Stories From My Past

 

This happened in the town of Binalonan, Pangasinan. It was getting dark when my friend and I walked up the walkway to my uncle's house where I lived. I saw a skirt floating in front of us. It was kind of transparent, striped with colors. I pointed it out to my friend but she could not see it. I told my aunt and described the skirt. She said that a woman neighbor who was murdered by her husband had a skirt like that!

Another thing that happened to me at the same house was that as I opened the door to our back yard, a ball of fire about the size of my fist hovered in front of me for a few seconds then took off. This happened during the day. I was around 16 Yrs old, now I'm 68. Always wondered what that ball of fire was.

Later on when my father died in Seattle, Washington, I was at my brother's apt sitting on the couch when a strong wind with a sound went through my brother and I. The wind knocked some pictures off the table. There were no windows open. I could feel and hear the wind pass through us. This was in 1978.

The last time I experienced anything was in the 1980s. I used to go to Ketchikan, Alaska, to work in the canneries. We all stayed in a bunkhouse. I had a roommate. I use to hear whispering in my ear when I was laying on my bed, and I would also feel pressure, like someone pushing down on me. My roommate also had the same experience and moved out of the room. This was the only time that I was scared.

The other experiences I had did not scare me. The bunkhouse was located at the edge of the water.

I read somewhere that Indians use to bury their dead near the water. I wonder if this had anything to do with what was happening to us. Maybe someone was buried under our room? We moved to a different room in another area and we never experienced anything else.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bearscat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Hello Bearscat, I go with Redwolf as far as the wind is concerned. I think it your dad's said good bye to both you and your brother. The transparent skirt floating could be what your aunt might have told. The ball of fire is a mystery to me. As far as the bunker experience is concerned, you said once you had an experience and at some other time, your friend had the experience of somebody pushing on you. Was it like someone trying to push you down and not making you move this way or the other. Because I want to rule out the possibility of sleep paralysis.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
bannana78 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
the stuff that happened in the buncker could have been the ghost of someone who had been drowned in the water and is trying to get you to help them cause they don't know they are dead 😕
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
Bearscat
Your first experience with the transparent skirt floating. Your aunt said
That a nneighbor woman that was murdered by her husband. Could this experience be close or on the anniversary of her death?
I don't know what the ball of fire could be. The only thing I can think of is St. Elmoes Fire aka Ball Lightening but from what I understand that only happens in the sky.
When your father died and you felt a wind go between you and your brother. It may be his way of saying goodbye or to see you both before he passed on to the other side.
As for your experience in Alaska it could have been a spirit playing a joke on you and your bunk mate. I have learned throgh a show I think it was National Geographic. When somebody dies in the winter their bodies had to be stored in a "cooler" cabin because the ground is too frozen to dig a grave and so animals can't get the bodies. Perhaps your cabin was used for that reason. When the spring thaw comes and the ground is soft enough to dig people can bury their loved ones. I don't think the Inuit Indians or anyone else bury their loved ones too close to the water. The storms in Alaska strong and may unearth the caskets and they could be washed away.
You're right water,quartz,and other minerals can carry residual energy.
Maybe your cabin was the closest to the water.
A couple of questions. You say that Alaska was your last experience. Could it be that you just "shut off" your abilities and don't want anymore experiences? Also you said that you'll read the comments but not participate in the discussions, why not, is this all true or just a story?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: