You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Regrettable Request

Real Ghost Stories

My Regrettable Request

 

Never thought I would have an experience in Berbice. It's an out of town countryside place I go every chance I get. My uncle and his family lives there along with my grandmother (mother's side of the family). My mother's youngest brother who used to live next door now resides in Suriname. His house sits empty since he and his family moved about 5 years ago.

It's just relaxing and fun there. I live in town (Georgetown). Anyway, I've been going there my whole life (I am 27) and never saw, felt or heard anything supernatural there, just heard my uncle and everyone else experiences there, until 2 years ago and my February trip (February 8-11 2013).

My uncle lives upstairs, which has everything including a veranda which faces the seawall and sea of course and my grandmother downstairs, her quarters are just a big room and my mother has hers next to it with a bedroom and a kitchen dining area. There is a bathroom and toilet outside next to the upstairs stairs for whoever staying downstairs to use during the night or whenever. When growing up I was scared at night because of how dark the seawall side would look so I used to avoid looking in that direction when there was no moonlight out. But now it doesn't bother me and we have lights on outside the opposite site of the house and the gate was locked... It's quiet at night.

My uncle has 3 children, a boy and 2 girls. The boy, O is the eldest, 27 and then the girls V, 26 and A, 19. I am the closest with my cousin V, the one that's always scared. The first 2 are married and on their own but would come visit as often as they can whenever we go. When I go there I would sleep downstairs in my mother's room with my cousin A.

Two years ago one night we were all on the veranda just gaffing and laughing when my uncle and cousins started bringing up their ghost stories. Intrigued with what I was hearing I foolishly said, "I don't believe half of what y'all saying, I WANT TO SEE IT FOR MYSELF". Big mistake! So that night, went to bed and I dream I was being chased by a girl I could not see. My cousin that slept with me mentioned earlier that she dream a girl chasing her and when she woke up she saw her in her face with her eyes wide. I woke up and had to go to the washroom. It was about 2am. I got up, opened the door to go outside and I froze... At first my eyes had a hard time adjusting to the light outside for some reason and when it did, between the stairs and washroom I saw a young girl about 10-13 years old standing there with her hand on the steps rail looking at me. I am looking at her and I noticed she didn't have any legs, her hair was in 2 braided ponytails and dark complexion. Judging from her hair texture I would say she is what we call 'dougla' (African and East Indian ancestry). After noticing those things, I looked at her face and when our eyes met, Oh my gosh! Is like a fear I can not explain hit me, she had like grey greenish eyes, it was just weird...

In a panicky state, still standing at the door I slammed it shut. And now being able to move I realized that I still have to use the washroom really bad and I am glad I didn't wet myself when I saw her, I started to think what to do and then remembered my mother still has our potty we would use growing up under the bed like an ornament. So I pulled it out carefully hoping no spiders were in there and put it down just outside the bedroom door which was near the table. As I was in the process of using it (number 1), I started hearing knocking on the door! Freaking out now, when I was finished I just jumped into bed and listened as it continued for about a minute and then silence. I was scared. I will admit it.

I have seen a lot of stuff in my life but she pushed a fear in me that took a while to wear off. I strongly believe it was NOT a child's spirit and I don't believe children spirits linger. In the morning when my cousin woke up, still in bed, I started to tell her what I saw and she jumped up saying, "that's the girl I saw!" and she also said she had no legs before I can say that part. To this day the image of her sends chills through my body and I have seen ugly things that had no affect on me. So I saw the main one I wanted to see, it's over right? Wrong!

The next night- I have a habit of just being on the veranda at night in the dark swinging in the hammock soaking in the scene the day before I return home. The seawall is very close to the yard. From where the veranda is, there is about 15 feet to the fence then a fine ditch and 5 feet to the seawall, so it's close. Well this night the hammock was down because it needed to be washed so I sat on the veranda rail and put both legs over and just sitting there in the dark, no moonlight and a cool breeze, you can see Suriname from where I am... Mostly bush and some buildings in between. It's really quiet and all of a sudden my eyes caught this 3 figure thing to my left on the seawall and now I am trying to understand what I am looking at because it's really dark but I can make out 3 body shapes and it's short, the height of a small child and darker than the darkness around it standing in a semi circle. When all of a sudden what looked like the 3 heads spun around and looked at me all at once! This startled me and I almost fell over. I stumbled back over the veranda and dashed inside. In the process of trying to go inside it felt as if I was moving in slow motion. Sitting in the chair trying to calm myself and then a power outage! Windows opened downstairs so I took a flash light and cousin A went and close it and saw nothing out there. Oh! From my mother's bedroom window I can see the seawall (and

Sunrise) and where I saw it was in line to that window. I told my uncle but he didn't react.

Fast forward to Feb 2013. The Afternoon before my next sighting I remembered I heard my cousin V saw something in the yard sometime in October and I asked her what she saw and she described and of course she was scared to even repeat it. My cousin V and her husband and 2 kids were over the next day, it's after 6 and it's dark outside. Sitting in the living room watching television I decided to get up to go on the veranda for a bit. In the living room there is the veranda door and next to the door inside is a chair. Walked out there for couple seconds looking around with the veranda door opened directly in front of me my eye caught this white thing, so I stepped back a bit and took a good look and saw a figure in a long white dress and where the face should be was just blacker than black. Seeing this I backed into the living room still looking at it asked my uncle to come see something. He looked out and he saw it too! So did my cousin A. I was sure it wasn't a hallucination just standing out there. My cousin V husband looked out and said he isn't seeing anything. It was still there. I sat on the arm of the chair for a minute looking. Cousin V got scared and started smearing garlic on herself and family lol. Then I closed the door and she left and when my uncle opened the door he said it just vanished in front of his eyes. And indeed it was gone. It was there for about 15 minutes. I wasn't scared. Oh! It was the same apparition cousin V saw months earlier.

Since my first encounter there I now sleep upstairs with cousin A. That same night I had the room windows closed because it was raining. During the night I woke up suddenly because I heard my name called but then just thought I was dreaming or something. I got up opened a window and jumped back in bed and then I heard soft whispering coming from my grandma's room which is directly under A's room. Thought I was hearing things until I heard my grandma mumbling! It took me a long time to sleep back, I finally did after saying a prayer. The next morning around 4am I got up to use outside bathroom, the bus was coming at 5am to pick me up. From the stairs you face my other uncle's yard. Under his house there is a long table with benches on each side. Running down the stairs I looked up and saw something in white on the table sitting or just off the ground. I refused to take a good look and had my aunt wait outside until I was finished.

My grandmother can read palms etc. Maybe we inherited something from her. During October last year after V saw the apparition, they heard my grandma talking to people and heard the people as well in her room! Her door was locked and so they just went back to sleep. It was sometime after 1 am. I went there once last year. One morning I was downstairs brushing my teeth and I looked at her, she was sitting on the last step and she looked different (couldn't figure out what was different) and she started to ask me who I was etc and it freaked me out. Then all of a sudden she was back to herself again. My uncle said something takes her over sometimes and her eyes changes to a glossy grey green color! Um, that's a long story for another time. I will write everyone's experience there, including about my uncle's house next door.

Now they tease me a lot saying, "you wanted to see and now you keep seeing" followed by a lot of laughter. I am going there again next month end (march 2013) will let you know if anything happens.

They are listening, so be careful what you say out loud!

Other hauntings by jewelre

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jewelre, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-30)
Great story, Jewelre! Do you have anything new to report since this last story a couple of years ago?
jewelre (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-30)
Hi Avi00...
It's in Springlands actually. 😊
Are you from Berbice?
Avi00 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-05)
The area you described sounds like linepath. Is that correct? If not. Can I ask where?
jewelre (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Hi again... Just letting you guys know I bought an infrared light to use with my camera take some pictures at night when I go back this month end. Will be going in my other uncle's house as well... It's creepy in there now. 😁 😊
jewelre (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Hi,
Thank you for your comments. I have many more experiences to share. 😊 ❤
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Hey there! This is among the best stories ever on this site. I don't have words to express how much I liked it. Well try to dig some information about these entities, about their past and stuff. I am sure your grandma can help. Awesome story, be good. Thanks!
-Shady
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Hi Jewelre,
My mother use to say, "I'm not saying I believe in ghosts. But, I'm not saying I don't because one might decide to prove it!" I guess your story sure proved her point.
Riri (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Hi Jewelre,

It's nice to read these kind of stories that are from Suriname or in this case from neighbour country (no need to explain what a dougla is...lol) Can't wait for your other narrations.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: