You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Tall Girl 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Tall Girl 2

 

This is the sequel to my first experience and if you are confused and you have not read the first one, read it first. About 2 months after the first few incidents I was asleep and all of a sudden my alarm turned on, even though I never set my alarm (it was a weekend). I was surprised, but at the same time scared because I don't know why anyone would set my alarm clock to 3:00 a.m.

I turned around and all of a sudden my alarm stopped. I was just annoyed because nothing happened. Then I began to fix my blanket and when I put my hand forward to fix my "blanket" but my hand literally went right through it then when I looked closer it was not my blanket.

It was actually the same girl who came closer and closer each time I saw her and this time she was literally right in front of my face staring right into my eyes. After that I do not remember anything that had happened because I was scared to death I could not breathe and I just fell back and that was all I remember.

The next day I was really confused, I could not do anything right for a while such as I was putting clothes from the dryer back in the washing machine or I was throwing a pudding cup in the sink and putting a spoon in the garbage. I still don't know why I was doing such stupid things but I'm better now.

I also wondered why was everything happening at 3:00 a.m. I was very curious and after lots of research I found out that 3:00 a.m is the time when spirits are more active, 3:00 pm they are least active. After that every time I woke up at 3:00 a.m I kept my eyes closed for as long as I could because I could always feel a presence at 3:00 a.m all the time.

If someone has anything similar to this or any answers about why I was doing stupid things after the incident, please leave it below in the comment section. I will respond.

Other hauntings by ilove1D

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ilove1D, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
If the demons are anything like me, they'd be going, "Spring forward, Fall back... Spring forward, Fall back... What time is it really?" 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
One day, my boss is going to wonder why I sit at my desk giggling.
jynnantonnix (2 stories) (21 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
I need a sentence or two of filler, apparently, because my post is too short. Anyway... Do ghosts do Daylight Saving Time?;)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Good information. Every time someone brings up the 3 am thing, I giggle a bit. Partly because it just doesn't make sense, but mostly because I get a mental image of a bunch of sleepy demons, coffee in hand, standing by a time clock waiting to punch in. It's scary inside my brain. 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Miracles, that article was a fantastic read. It brought out a few things that made total sense.

I liked their correlation to demons mocking Jesus. The Bible says Jesus died on the 9th hour, but it can be read as his ninth hour of hanging on the cross- which could literally put his death at any time. If you go by a 24 hour clock, the ninth hour could literally mean 9 p.m, since the Jews in that region used the sun as a guide, and not a clock. The hours started at sunrise.

Ah.

I loved this.

Thank you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Here is an article I find to be very interesting. It actually encompasses pretty much what our members have already said, but still... 😉 I especially like the time zone part 😆

Http://www.psychicsuniverse.com/articles/spirituality/living-spiritual-life/rituals/three-am-haunted-hour-or-hoax
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
GlowingFlare - maybe you should read all the comments on this story, if you haven't already. Our members have done a very good job of explaining/debunking 3:00am being the devil's time.
GlowingFlare (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Actually 3 am is the devils time. Not quite dusk and not quite dawn. (Of at least I THINK that's what.)
deejaysaay (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
That spirit is trying to contact you. But as you said you didn't had any bad experiences with it. Might be a possible that the gal is a good soul asking for help.
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
wondering why 1love1D never responds to any of the comments posted on this story or on part 1? Mmmmmmmmmm
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
I call in on the blankie fort! I'll supply the popcorn. 😁

*mumbles* Stupid 50 character count.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
at Rook: Ohhhh! If we build a blankie fort, can I play in it? Pleeaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?
ghostsrreal202 (6 stories) (27 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Do you remember anything about her face? A specific detail or her eyes? Just wondering. If you want this spirit out, I suggest some cleansing methods- easy enough to find and very effective, especially for a specific ghost. I wish you best of luck with dealing with this ghost.

Boo! -ghosts ❤
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
What? No bus?

I Always thought the ghost hour was between 0:00 and 1:00 at night... At the strike of midnight, right?
🤔
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
valkricry,

Spades or Hearts? LoL...

You never know what may happen when we break out the BS Blankie. All kinds of things can happen, card games, picnics and even Blankie Forts for kids to play in. 😲

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Looks over at Rook: Trump me? I didn't know we were playing cards! 😉 I also think 'time' is somewhat perceptual. I can't speak for anyone else, but with myself if something, let's say odd is going on, I rarely look at a clock to check the time prior to reacting. The result is 'around time'.
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
3am here... Wheres my ghosties? Timing has nothing to do with hauntings. Ghosts, demons, and the like were on earth before Christ you know.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
valkricry,

I can trump you with 'scary time' mentioned in 'based on true story movies'

03:33 Time of death of the DeFoe Family... Shot in their beds by the oldest son... And the 'time most activity' happened to the Lutz Family after they bought the home. Amityville Horror 1979 (The First One).

😉

Respectfully,

Rook
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
I've heard stories that are said to be true where certain paranormal events take place at a certain time each night and they're not necessarily at 3:00am. For example, if someone passes at a certain time an occurrence such as a light flicker will take place. My uncle was the heir of most of my great-grandmother's posessions. At 7:30 each week night, the TV would come on to Wheel of Fortune, even if it was turned on at a different channel. This is what my cousin stated. That show was my great g-ma's favorite.

I don't think time is necessarily important regarding paranormal activity in terms of a witching hour or what not. Miracles, I'm with you on the midnight theme as well. All my silly made up ghost stories as a kid started out like "once on a dark rainy stormy night at midnight... Some of my "uncertain" feelings by the sink would take place at 2:00 something in the afternoon on a bright sunny afternoon.:)

I don't doubt the events that took place in your story, but trust me, activity can take place at any moment. I feel we associate this activity at night as it is common with media, hollywood and campefire ghost stories. It's more fun! But I've been just as scared at 2:00 something in the afternoon with sunshine pouring through the window.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
people have opinions & that's exactly what they are, & nobody can claim to be an expert when it comes to the "paranormal", as much as they would like to... How could they? Is there more "activity" at 3am, then at any other time? Who knows... But burglars are definitely more active at this time, so maybe we should ask them... I'd say they could tell a tale or two... & don't worry ilove1d... I believe your story, gold star for you... Its as good a story as any other friggin story around here whether you believe it or not... When's part three comin along?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Ok, I've actually researched this...ummm...3AM myth. Apparently, it has been around for a few years, becoming popular with the movie The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005). The fact that this was a fictional account of a true story seems to have gone by the way side. This movie seemed to have lit a fire for internet claims of paranormal activity peaking at 3:00a.m.
There are those who claim paranomal activity is at it's highest then as opposed to 3PM, the time many believe Christ to have died on the cross. "There are many problems with the 3:00a.m. Theory. Perhaps the most glaring of these is the idea that nothing ever happened at night before His death. If 3:00a.m mocks the death of Christ what time did the demons attack before that? What about time zones? What about daylight savings? What about the ability of the demon to actually be able to tell time?" (Gene Lafferty, founder of Ohio's Buckeye State Paranormal and Haunting Investigators, LLC (BSPHI)).
He also says this:
"The best time to investigate is during times when the activity has been reported to take place. Be it sunrise, day time, dusk or night time. This is why I always require a location to keep a journal of the activities taking place... It gives you an insight into the activity, the occupants at the location and most importantly; an exact date and time the activity takes place. This information is vital to develop trends. Once you review this journal, you might be surprised at the amount of 3:00a.m. Activity that is actually taking place at much different times but has been perceived to have taken place at 3:00a.m."
It also seems that most 'experts', researchers etc. Incorporate the thoughts of Miracles51031,Wampawhump, and Argette into the mix as well.
(Nods at Rook) Sound like anything someone else has been telling us?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Just another comment on this topic of 3 a.m. When I was a teenager, Midnight was the "scary time." I would do everything in my power to make sure I was asleep by 12:00. I didn't care if it was 11:59, I was determined not to be awake when the clock turned over to that devilish 12:00. But it seemed like no matter what I did, there were nights that I would wake up right at 12:00. Or I would hear the clock make that flipping sound as it turned over (some of you will know what I'm talking about LOL). And there it would be...12:00...Midnight. OMG! I would be terrified, just knowing something horrible could be waiting on me.

I think we are so determined NOT to think of a certain time or thing and then that's all we can think of and our bodies/minds make sure of it.
Wampawhump (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Actually, the circadian rhythm of humans- that is, our natural sleep patterns- having us falling asleep, staying asleep for a period of about 3-4 hours, then having an hour or so of being awake, and falling asleep again for another three to four hours. Before electricity, that was the natural sleep pattern everyone had. You waking up at three might just be a remnant of that pattern, especially if you spend a lot of time in dim, constant light, nothing supernatural about it.
Argette (guest)
+4
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Sometimes I wonder if 3 a.m. Is just the time that we wake up, assuming we fall asleep between 10 p.m. And midnight. I wake up at that time or around that time a lot, and usually go back to sleep. I think it's just the time our bodies have had enough sleep that we wake up again. Just a thought. I am in full agreement with Rook.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
I have nothing more to add to this than what I said in the first story. And I go with Rook in this. I think this is the second time I am commenting today about this 3 a.m. Aspect. As Rook said it comes every 24 hours and there is nothing special about it as a witching hour. Thank God Rook, there is not 'to be continued' in this narrative.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
3AM is just a time that happens once every 24 hours. There is nothing special about it.

The 'spirits' are not anymore active at this time, it IS NOT the Witching Hour...

I stand by the things I said on your first submission... No I'll go a wee bit further...

'Grabs the corners of a very Large, very Special BS Blankie and tosses it.'

Rook

(My OPINION in no way reflects those of the Site Owners nor Mods and is purely my own)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
ilove1D - I don't think the things you have done have anything to do with seeing the girl. Being distracted, lost in thought, preoccupied all are classic reasons for doing things like putting clean clothes back into the washer, spoons in the garbage, etc. Especially if you are on the phone LOL.

Heck, I've run my washer without clothes several times because I've forgotten to put the dirty laundry in it. I'm honestly surprised this is the first time you've tossed a piece of silverware in the garbage 😊 I've put empty milk jugs back into the refrigerator instead of the garbage. I think it's just absentmindedness. Not paranormal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: