You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis And Hallucination Or Paranormal?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis And Hallucination Or Paranormal?

 

I woke up in the middle of the night after having an extremely peculiar dream involving me being in my bed in my room just lying there, in fact it was so realistic that the only way I could tell it was a dream was because what happened next was like a sudden transition into reality and felt like being awoken. As I awoke I did the routine roll over in my bed, yawn and open my eyes. As I opened my eyes I saw a black silhouette which was jet black in color so much that I can only describe it as a block of color and it was vibrating with an intense almost electrical animation, as soon as I noticed it I found myself pinned to my bed with immense pressure all over my body I was literally being crushed, any attempt to shout or scream faded and died within my throat and the fuzz sound of a radio without signal buzzed enveloped me. After about a minute of this (it felt like hours), the pressure centered and was pushing down on my belly button. Because of prior research and knowledge of the paranormal, I thought this entity was trying to possess me. Then I blinked and it was all over. I, to this day, will not face that side of the bed whilst sleeping.

I believe I was visited by a demon that night. And what scared me even more was that me and my mum, who sleep in different rooms, had the exact same dream and my mum coughed up blood. Furthermore, my brother had a dream that he was being floated towards the window. Nothing like this has ever happened again to me, which I feel fortunate for because it was literally the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced.

It's been about a year and I now sleep in a different bed; however, I still refuse to look at my old bed or near it at night time. Whenever I talk about it, I start tearing and this is very unusual for me. Me and my mum have both experienced this now.

I swear everything here is my genuine account and I am happy to answer questions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SALOCIN3000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-10)
SleepingWithSteeve - if you haven't already done it, it would be a good idea to submit your own experience instead of posting it by boys on the comments section of other experiences.

Now that you have provided more information about your encounters with Steve, I would suggest you to first contact a therapist to ensure this is not a health problem and, if everything is fine, then consider the paranormal possibility.

If Steve really passed away in 1999, it's time for him to go to take the next step regardless of how much you enjoy his company.

The right thing to do is to tell him that he doesn't belong in this plane and must go to the light. Perhaps you should talk to a religious leader of your faith asking for help.

You wouldn't want to keep a teenager forever in kindergarten, would you? Then, why to hold a spirit on the physical world?
SleepingWithSteve (guest)
-3
6 years ago (2018-08-10)
I'm sorry your mum was unwell and that you all had to go through this. Hopefully everything is back to normal, now that your not haunted.

I have a regular ghost who visits me mosts nights.

He's not scary in the slightest. He never stays long and I only experience his presence when I'm just falling asleep.

I actually asked him what his name is, where he's from and how old he is last night. He stalled before answering and told me his name was Steven from Lancaster age 32. I'm from Australia. I lived in England for 6 years. Maybe he followed me back or maybe he's an old friend of mine who died in 1999 aged 32 of lung cancer. (His name was Jeff).

He seemed go think I was 32 and it was 1999. I told him it was 2018 and I was 53.

Who knows who he really is but one thing is for sure is he's nice, amorous, always leaves in a hurry. ❤ ❤ ❤
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
I live in oregon and I had sleep paralysis since 2011 from what I can remember it was march of 2013 on a Monday I was sleeping on the couch my mom had to leave for a while then she left then I awoke saw my mom after she left trying to touch my chest I know it wasn't her so do you think I was being attacked or something by a succubus even though I do not know if they exist?
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Dear SALOCIN3000,
You have received some very sound advises from sds and BadJuuJuu.
I would echo their belief that sleep paralysis can cause severe hallucinations that might seem very real.
I really can't say if is a paranormal occurrence as I have very little experience in that sphere.

Regards
SALOCIN3000 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
thank you for all the in depth advice guys, my mother had herself checked out, naturally after coughing up blood, and she is well. The other night when everybody was out I had the heating on and went upstairs there was a severe cold spot by my old bed literally so much so that it felt like you I was walking outside, nothing unusual after that, but later in the lounge a drop of water fell from the ceiling onto my fore head, now that happened when my granddad died for about a week all over the house, and then stopped and also after the passing of my nan, this is confusing as no one has died, however I know think it is possible that it wasn't a malicious spirit at all and I no longer fear it, I only fear the way it challenges logic, fear of the unknown as they say. On discussion with my mother it turns out she has had a vast experience with the paranormal throughout her life, which was comforting to say the least. I think that these things won't physically harm me, and I am confident that if it happens again fear will not get the better of me. Ill keep you posted and again thank you all for your valued responses.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Ok, first I want to know. Did your mother visit a doctor? Coughing up blood is a pretty big deal. Best to have a medical evaluation and try to figure out what caused it. I've seen way too many people on this site ignore potentially serious health issues and blame a ghost for their symptoms. Not good.
Sleep paralysis does not necessarily indicate a paranormal event. It can be triggered by stress, or an unusual sleep pattern, or not getting enough oxygen while you sleep. Think back to the time it happened. Was anything stressful going on in your life? Had you been having trouble sleeping? Were you asleep during your normal sleep schedule or had something (insomnia, working late, staying up to finish a project, etc) interrupted your schedule? These things can all influence SP.
Since you haven't experienced anything in a year, in all honesty, I wouldn't worry about it anymore. SP doesn't happen every night to everyone, and if it does it's definitely time to visit a doctor. It most likely has nothing to do with ghosts or demons, it's usually just a rotten night's sleep and nothing to worry about.
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
I hate to hear that you live in fear over this. I have had a lot of these things happen to me and I used to live in fear and I even tried getting help because it almost drove me crazy. I will tell you that its hard to not fear these spirits but they feed from your fear and they love to cause us to fear them. It makes them feel like they have power. I have a spirit that said power in my ear and I knew what it was trying to say but I laughed and said you may have the power to scare me but its only for a moment. Never a life time. I cried so may tears and the only peace of mind I have is knowing God is on my side. I wish you the best and Please try not to fear them because they have been known to scare you and back off for a while. Weeks to months at a time but they will try it again so what I am trying to say is be ready for the next attack. If you keep it in mind that its going to happen when it does it helps me to not be so frightend. Good luck
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Hi SALOCIN3000, I felt that it was sleep paralysis you experienced until you said your mother had the same dream. But I think it is a coincidence. Still I feel it could be a sleep paralysis and I want to ask you a question. You said that you are now sleeping in a different bed. Before your changed your bed, after your experience, did you sleep in the same bed afterwards, at least for quite a few days? But with only one experience, it is inadequate to classify, to my limited knowledge, as a paranormal encounter. It could be sleep paralysis.

I also would like to advise you that there is nothing to be scared of and please do not have the attitude of not seeing the old bed in the night or turning in that direction. Even if it is paranormal, the best way is to face it boldly and if, I do not think it is an entity with your output in the narrative, it is negative entity, then it would be fueled if you show your anxiety and fear.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: