You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Woman in the Smoke

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman in the Smoke

 

I grew up in the states, not knowing the mysteries and hauntings that took place in this dark country, until I saw it with my own eyes. It all started on a hot sunny day, in the Province of Laguna Philippines. My cousin Gena and I decided to take a dip, in a resort called Agua Vida (not to far from home) to cool off. Children playing, loud music, laughter, and the splashing of water filled the air.

We were having a blast, but little did we know what was going to occur later on that night. My cousin Gena screamed from the top of her lungs, claiming that she was in so much pain. Through out the night and through the morning it continued to worsen. My whole family has done everything, from medicine to herbal plants. Nothing worked, so my Auntie decided to take her to a local witch doctor hoping that she'd be cured. Through this whole process, a white clear stone (tawas) was used. The witch doctor rubbed that all over her body making crosses, then she put it in a glass of water for her to drink without swallowing, and finally... The last step was throwing that stone in burning charcoal.

I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. That burning charcoal formed a womanly figure with long hair. Chills ran up and down my spine as I remembered seeing an angry woman with long hair that day at the resort. I couldn't understand why she had that look on her face. It was said that this woman was furious with my cousin for invading her space. To punish Gena, she had cursed her with a severe pain. Luckily the pain was cured, but I had yet to figure out who this lady was. I asked around, giving her description, and hoping to get some closure on who this woman could possibly be.

They said there was a woman who drowned in that pool many years ago. Very seldom would she be seen, but I saw her as clear as seeing a living person.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lyn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-22)
Dear Lyn,

That was a different way of getting rid of what may have been a ghost or ghostly attachment. I appreciate you sharing your story, and am sorry you chose not to participate in the discussion.

Thanks, --Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
Thank you for sharing your story with us Lyn.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: