You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Unknown Smoke

Real Ghost Stories

Unknown Smoke

 

I am writing this 'story' in the hope that the experienced users on here can shed some light on the matter for me.

A few weeks ago, I was sat on a chair in the living room playing on my iPad. I suddenly saw what looked like thick grey smoke come out of my wrist (?!), rise up and disappear. It lasted about 2 seconds and was completely gone. I just thought, "Well that was a bit odd!" And thought no more about it.

A few days later, I woke up and went downstairs for my morning cup of coffee and saw my dad asleep on the chair in the living room. As soon as I glanced at him, I saw this same smoke rise up from the top of his head and disappear again. As it was first thing in the morning, I just put it down to my eyes being blurry or whatever and shrugged it off.

However, today I was working in a new school (I work for an education agency and am moved around a lot) and so I didn't know any of the staff there. I was sat in the staff room at lunchtime and looked over to a table where about 5 staff members were sat. I saw the smoke again, this time it came from one of the women's shoulders and again rose up in the air and disappeared. This time it looked like a much darker grey and seemed thicker.

So okay, I am thinking that this is all a little bit strange now... I then go into the classroom and one of the pupils passes me a piece of paper which I asked for and I saw the smoke again and it looked so real that I was just about to throw the paper on the floor and stamp on it as I thought it was on fire! It disappeared though before I could fully react (if that makes sense). I am confused! What is happening with all this smoke?

Just to clarify here - I have no problems with my eye sight and I have googled what I have described and a few people have seen similar things, but have had commenters saying that maybe it is eye 'floaters'. I can assure you it is not that... I do have a few of those but can only see them when it is a really sunny day and I look directly at the sky or a blank wall. What I have seen is definitely smoke.

Any ideas?

Other hauntings by MissKawaii83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissKawaii83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissKawaii83 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-14)
Melissa - thanks for your comment. Yeah, grey smoke would also make me think that it was 'bad energy'. Although, when the smoke came from me I wasn't thinking or feeling anything negative. I can't say this from the others it came from though... Could it possibly just be negative energy dispelling itself from the body randomly?! Who really knows!

Today I saw a bright flash out of the corner of my eye. I have heard that this is possibly a sign of angels. I don't know much about the subject but what was weird was as soon as I saw the flash of light, the word 'baby' popped into my head and I felt really happy. I just found out half an hour ago that one if my good friends is pregnant! I mean this could be a complete coincidence and all but strange all the same!:)
melissa_marie1122 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
I see white lines shooting pass me as a get a great chill I have no idea of what it could be and I know its not my vision.

I have a great ability to see clearly from the corner of my eye as I am looking at something completely different.

In your case I have a feeling that it could be bad energy the person is giving off I know that sounds obscured but it isn't the first time I've heard that...
MissKawaii83 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Hello and thank you for your comments - Argette, I am glad I am not alone too!

Samtillie - yes the smoke is always grey and is always coming from a body part. So I have seen it twice come from arms (my own and from the child who passed me the paper (I thought the paper was smoking!) and twice from the upper body (a head and a shoulder).
I really wonder what it could be... You mentioned that you have experienced orbs - I have too, well only once when I was at a psychic night but I clearly saw two (so did the other people around me) and they didn't like like this smoke.
Thanks again for your comments, both have been helpful!:)
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Hi, I see orbs and have done so for many years and can relate to you in the way of trying to find an answer. Is the smoke always grey? Does it always emanate from the persons body?
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
I have lots of floaters in my eyes. I can tell you, I have never mistaken one for gray smoke.

But, I did see gray smoke once, at an old house. It just moved across the top of something, very gracefully. It was dense and contained in a small ball.

I wish I knew more and could help you. I don't. But I do thank you for sharing your story. It's good to know I am not alone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: