You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Who's Knocking On My Door?

Real Ghost Stories

Who's Knocking On My Door?

 

I've had plenty of strange things happen to me but I wanted this one to be my first story since it has happened recently.

So, I just moved to this new town recently. This house isn't old nor have we found anything online to see if something happened here... But this is my, I believe 3rd experience, here in this house.

When I first moved here I didn't have any sort of eerie feelings or feel weird but now I do. In my house there is a longish hallway and are 3 rooms. My room is all the way towards the end by the garage and laundry room and my sister's room is right across from me.

I'm not sure if this was a dream or I was actually awake. It felt real and everything I heard seemed real because I remember it all so clearly. So one night I was getting sleepy and decided to just go to my room to lay down and relax until I passed out. I'm guessing I ended up passing out around like 9:30? I got woken up by a knock on my door but it was my sister's boyfriend telling me how my dog had scared him. At first I didn't really understand him since I was still half asleep and then he shut my door. I passed out again and got woken up by another knock and thought it was my sister's boyfriend again so I said, "Come in" but no one came inside so I just shrugged it off and went back to sleep. And then I heard another knock again and said, "What! Come in!"... And no one opened the door and I thought someone was messing with me now and ignored it again.

Kind of got irritated at that point and just went back to sleep then I heard another knock a 3rd time and as soon as I heard it, I opened the door really fast looked down the hallway and all lights were off and no one was there. I yelled across the hallway and asked my sister why she keeps knocking on my door and she said she's not. I guess I had sent her a text asking too, but I don't remember sending it to her. After that the knocking had stopped. All this happened within 30 minutes.

This is the, well now 4th time, counting those 3 knocks and one other knock I have heard before. I've heard someone talking to me too but no one ever comes in when I say to. There's a couple more things that have happened in this house ill write those later

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jecca99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jecca99 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
I'm not sure how to respond to all ha... I have heard knocking before and I was wide awake and nobody was there when I had opened it that time either and my sister did hear me yell in the hallway when I had asked if it was her or her boyfriend messing with me... It probably could have been a dream of some sort which would make me feel a lot better if it was ha but it still scares me because I remember it all so clearly. I've heard knocking on my door before at this house but no one else hears it... Also I've heard I believe it was the garage door and another door open and shut which is where my room is and I was the only one downstairs and my parents heard it as well and they were upstairs. I'm not sure about the people who lived here before never met them or anything. When I leave my door open any were I feel as if someone is watching me which is why I close all doors around me meaning my room door closest anything in my room. Also I believe I mentioned in the story above I heard someone talking to me on the other side of my door it was a girl voice I'm not sure what it was saying but I had said to come in and after I said that whoever or whatever it was stopped talking. I appreciate all the responses I received.
adoreamanda (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
Hi jecca99, sorry to hear about your disturbances. I grew up with very similar activity and it does seem very real. What is even stranger is when I moved out of the house, the next tenants experienced the same thing. I see you live in California, whereabouts? If you need assistance or would like me to perform a cleansing, let me know. Adoreamanda [at] yahoo.com
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
When I first read the title of this account I thought of the song..."Someone's knocking at the door, somebody's ringing the bell... Do me a favor open the door and let them in" Paul McCartney I believe. Okay... Sorry but just had to. So I read over the other poster's comments and I might agree with zach about it being a dream. And the men in black usually do just enter... 😉 But I do believe your story and I am sure you are quite frightened. You state however that you have had other things happen to you. I'll look out for other stories. Maybe you should just leave your door open at night.

Good luck, zeta.
realndn (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
native americans like myself (no my greatgrandma wasn't a cherokee princess) believe if you hear an unexplained knock you don't open the door. Its a spirit trying to get in. You have to open the door to let it in. I'm half creek half choctaw. Full blooded ndn.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Hello jecca99, I feel that it could be a dream. As suggested by other posters, why don't you ask your sister or others in the house if you shouted in the hallway. If you had sent a text, then you must be remembering it, ain't it? But did you ask your sister or others in the house if they felt anything weird happening in the house. You said that you have been having some feeling about the house for sometime now. Then instead of searching the net about the history of the house, why don't you ask the neighbours or previous residents. That could help. But still I feel it might be a bad dream. But as regards your feeling about the house, you should give more inputs for us to respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
spookyonfire (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
I agree with user Zack84 that it does sound like a dream. What would also help in confirming this is if you'd asked people from your house if they heard you yelling in the hallway which would surely arouse somebody in the house. And still this is very eerie especially if you've been dreaming real-time details ie, clothes you are actually wearing, and actual distance from your door to your sister's bedroom where in common dreams are usually distorted.
theshedcrew (4 stories) (20 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
Knocking on your door late at night could be the Men In Black!
Zack84 (8 stories) (32 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
It does sound a bit like a dream, particularly since you sent a text and don't remember doing it. If it is a residual haunting, or a poltergeist as crf1997 suggested there are sure to be more signs. You mention the house is "isn't old" but who knows what stood there before. The answers may not be online, often times research via older records requires a visit to your county archives or main branch of the county library.
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
Maybe this is a poltergeist, also called "the noisy spirit."
Poltergeists are said to be created by crazy energy in a house, usually by a teenage girl going through puberty. Or when someone is going through a bad time.
Anything like this happening in your house?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
Well, you yourself say you're not sure if this was a dream or not, and tbh it sounds like a dream. What other things have happened in the house, and were you fully awake when those things happened?
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
That certainly must be troublesome. Maybe it's a ghost up to mischief? Maybe he or she feels you're in his or her room? And by the way, was anyone staying in that house before you?

Regards,

Rockangel13

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: