You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Face Behinde The Couch

Real Ghost Stories

Face Behinde The Couch

 

My name is Pernilla and I live in Sweden. This is my first story here. It's not the best one, but enjoy. Sorry if my English is a bit weird, English is my second ​​language. Anyway, let's start with the story.

It all happened when I was around 6-7 years old. It was a Saturday morning, around 7am, and I was the first one to wake up. I walked to the living room, sat down on the couch and put on the TV. The rest of my family was still asleep and I knew that they would not wake up until 9am or something.

While watching a cartoon, I got this strange feeling that I have to look to my left. Now, we had this corner couch and I was sitting all the way to the right, and when I looked to the left, I saw a face disappear behind the backrest.

You may not believe me right now, but this is actually true. I actually saw a face, that was looking at me and smiling at me, disappear behind the couch. I remember that I didn't get too scared, just a bit shocked. I was just sitting there, not moving and just looking at the empty place where I had seen the face. After maybe a few minutes I stood up and walked slowly to the back of the couch, but when got there, nothing... I was alone in the living room.

I know that this was not a dream and I know that this face didn't belong to any of my family members because I didn't hear any footsteps and no crackings on the floors and... Nobody in my family is bald... This memory has been following me ever since and I'm still wondering what or who it could have been.

My mom has told me that when I was around 5, she could hear me talking to somebody in my room. She slowly walked to my room and looked inside. She saw me talking and looking at something that was not there. It looks like I have had imaginary friends, so maybe this bald face was one of them.

What do you guys think? Thank you for reading:)

PS: I have not seen that bald face ever again since that Saturday morning, but I have been having nightmares about my old home where all this happened. I can have the nightmares one night and then it can take weeks before I have them again. How come I have these nightmares at all?

Other hauntings by Nelly93

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nelly93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Nelly93 (4 stories) (6 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-11-21)
Hi everyone! I'm apologizing for getting back to you after seven years.

Most of you say that it could have been a ghost just passing through. I think I believe that too, cause I have never seen this spirit ever since.
And to answer [at] geetha50, no, none in my family had died around that time.

And for the nightmares about my childhood home. Most of them I do remember. It always starts off fine, before I end up outside my childhood house and I get this strange feeling.
I get this feeling that I should not walk in, cause if I do, things will not turn out good. And in my dream I know I should not go in, but I do it anyway.
What happens most of the times when I'm in the house is that it's mostly dark, only a few lights on and you have this feeling of not being alone. Whatever is there, you can't see it. And what always happens is that I'm in my childhood bedroom and I can feel something is coming. That's when my door begins to move and I get this heavy force on-top of me. And sometimes before "passing out" I can see a dark shadow.

I hope this has given some explanation:)

PS: I have not been having these dreams in some time now. I think the last time was last year, or in the beginning of this year.

//Nelly
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
Hello Nelly93, I think as others said, it could have been a spiriting passing through that's all. I do not think the spirit could have been one of the imaginary friends of yours. If that be the case, then you must have definitely remembered about the face. I want to know, when you remember about this face when it happened when you were 6 or 7, don't you remember your imaginary friends that you had when you were 5. Strange. Generally people remember them, if not faces but atleast they had such friends and won't require a mom to remind them of such things.

As far as the nightmares are concerned, unless you give us more information, it would not be possible to give our suggestions or views about it. As BadJuuJuu said, why you are having it is what you should know it first. But as I said earlier, if you could give us more information, perhaps we could suggest something.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
I agree with BadJuuJuu, sometimes spirits just stop by. You don't know them and they don't know you. Since this happened when you were 6 or 7 years old, I assume years have passed, so I doubt this bald headed gent has anything to do with the nightmares you have been having recently.
BJJ also gives you some sage advise on interperting those dreams for yourself. Maybe start yourself a dream journal and right them down ASAP as soon as you wake from one. You might see a common thread beyond the house in them.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Sometimes a ghost is just passing through. You can have a single experience with an entity, and never see it again. Alot of these one time encounters are no more meaningful than saying hello to the person next to you on the bus. You're just acknowledging the person sharing space with you. Same with ghosts. Sometimes they just give a "sup" and continue on like nothing ever happened.
Imaginary friends, well, sometimes they are just imaginary friends. I know it's easy to try to make events fit together, but the imaginary friends and the face you saw may have nothing at all to do with each other. I had imaginary friends when I was little, but didn't have any paranormal experiences until I was a teenager.
Why are you having nightmares about your old house? An interesting question but one that only you can answer. Did something happen there? Are you missing being a child, innocent and responsibility free? Are you trying to remember something? Dreams (and nightmares) are usually our subconscious trying to work out a problem. Our consciousmay not even be aware there is a problem until the dreams bring it forward. Write down each dream, take note of anything that seems significant, take note of any similarities between the dreams. Dreams are symbolic, decide what each symbol means to you personally. Don't waste time with "dream dictionaries" as symbols mean different things to different people. You have to decide for yourself what the dreams and symbols mean, no one can unravel that for you with any real accuracy.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
My fist thought was that it could be someone that died in your family. It could have been a grandfather or an uncle that died before you were born. My second thought was that it could have been a spirit passing though.

As for the nightmares about your old home. Do you remember the nightmares? If so, then what were they about?

Also, have you talked to your family about what has been happening?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Hi Nelly93, it sounds like you may have a spirit attached to you from your childhood. Can you ask your mom if any relatives passed when you were a baby? It may be someone keeping an eye on you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: