You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Farmhouse Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Farmhouse Haunting

 

It had been 2 years since I had left Nepal and traveled to Europe to pursue my higher education, finally settling down in London. Due to a series of unfortunate events, I became addicted to cannabis and other drugs. Well, I have to admit that time was both fun and had some dark moments. Nonetheless, I decided to quit everything and go back to Kathmandu (my home town in Nepal). I was slowly recovering from my addiction and after so long I had my family and friends, who kept cheering me and strongly supported me.

My father then suggested me to go and live in our farmhouse for one particular weekend, which was in the outskirts of the city. I will tell you the description of the house. The house stood between the highway and a farm that my dad owned. It faced the highway. It was a traditionally made, 2 storied, wooden house with the steel tin as the roof. The ground floor had a hall, kitchen and bathroom while the top floor had 3 small rooms. A family from a nearby village use to take care of the house and the farm. The nearest market from this place was around 10 miles far and our nearest neighbor lived at least a mile further than the house.

So I took up my dad's advice and invited 4 of my friends and their 3 girlfriends. This was not the first time I was going to stay in that house. Me and my sister have spent dozens of our short and long vacations in the past. One particular Friday afternoon of 2011, 8 of us packed our bags and traveled to that place. When we reached, our caretaker welcomed us warmly and helped us settle down. After the dinner and a small drinking session (I didn't drink, whatsoever), the couples decided to go for a walk. Me and my another single friend stayed back as they wanted some privacy. The ladies were given one room and we, gentlemen, shared the other 2 rooms. The caretaker slept in the hall, ground floor.

We chatted for some time and then went to sleep. My other friend went to the other room, as he had kept his stuffs there. I didn't got any sleep and turned on my i-pod. I listened a couple of songs and when I chose to play "Hallowed Be thy Name" by Iron Maiden, something strange happened. The song started but it skipped some riffs and verses. At first I thought either the i-pod has hanged or I forwarded by mistake and replayed the song but again the same thing happened. The song stopped in between and a shallow, growling voice started to play. I switched the i-pod off that very moment and started to wonder. Then when my eyes went out of the window toward the farm, I saw a naked kid aged around 10-12 standing about 200 meters from home and staring directly at my eyes and disappeared. I couldn't take it anymore and gave a loud cry. My friend and our caretaker came running to my room and calmed me down. As I was relating this incident to them, one couple came back from walk listened what I narrated. Shortly after everyone came back and we all slept together in the hall.

Next morning I hiked to that particular point, while cleaning my teeth. I noticed a something was buried there. I rushed back to my caretaker and he explained to me that some local villagers secretly bury their dead ones in the farm. He also told me that my father knew about it but he is not taking any actions against it. The caretaker further told me that he has also experienced something unusual in the past and that's the reason he never sleeps in that house unless someone from our family come there to stay. He comes in the morning finishes his work and goes back to his house in the village.

We returned back the very day and told my dad about it. He didn't believe it at first but later started to believe and he sold the entire property to some builders. I actually want to know the connection between my i-pod and the sight I saw.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skull_666, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

tom_13 (3 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-24)
Bro, bhot haru electronic device bata pani communicate gharma shakchan. IT has happened to be many times and I have also weed problem but its in control now. Ani rishab bro weed la psychedelic lagcha, extreme hallucination gardana.
rishabh (4 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
you sure that you wasn't hallucinating...
It seems like ill effect of canabis...
evilmonster (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
Nice story. Great to finally have other people from Nepal also post their stories on this site. Welcome to all (even though it's a very late welcome).
skull_666 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
[at] Rustedsoul- Ma ni Kathmandu kai ho...
[at] Sizzling- Tyo farmhouse Dhulikhel bata ali para Devitar bhanne thau ma bhako ho...
sizzling (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
tyo farm house kun thau ma ho ra sathi ali clear garidinus ma hau
Rustedsoul (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
yeah a very few! Hehe! Ma kathmandu ko... Timi ni? Nepal ko story heryo bhane there are like only 4 or 5... 😁
skull_666 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Rustedsoul- Yeah, on top that we are very few... Aafu kata ko ho saathi?
Rustedsoul (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
Another fellow nepalese... Cheers!:D its always good to find people from ure hometown! Hehe!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
skull - you're so very welcome 😊 And thank you too, for not thinking I wasn't taking your story seriously, because I really did and that seemed to make the most sense, at least to me.
skull_666 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
[at] Miracle51031- Yes, you are 110% correct. This is the explanation I was actually looking for. For nearly 2 years I have been listening to tons of different ridiculous logic behind all this. Well, you gave me what I was looking for...Thanks...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
skull_666 - maybe the reason your i-pod did what it did at that particular moment was because someone wanted you to do what you did: notice the child outside. If nothing had happened with the i-pod and you'd continued listening to Iron Maiden without anything going wrong with the song, you might not have noticed anything unusual outside. But because the song distracted you, you did. Just my opinion anyway 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: