You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Creepy Farmhouse

Real Ghost Stories

The Creepy Farmhouse

 

This happened to me and my family back in 2012 while we were on holidays in England.

My family and I were on holidays in Northampton in England and we were staying in an old farmhouse for the week. When we first arrived everything seemed normal and the farmhouse was nice and homey. The first night we were all pretty tired after traveling so we all went to bed early. The next morning, while we were having breakfast my mum told me that she didn't have a good night sleep. She told me that she woke up at 3 am to the sound of someone shuffling their feet across the carpet floor. At first she thought it was my dad getting up to go to the bathroom but then she noticed that he was fast asleep beside her. Needless to say after she found that out she wasn't long pulling the covers over her head and trying to go back to sleep.

Later that day me, my brother and my dad went into town to get a takeaway. My mum stayed behind and decided to read her book until we got back. We were only gone about a half an hour or so and when we got back my mum was happy to see us. She told us that while we were gone that she felt uneasy as though if someone was watching her. Then a few minutes after that the room began to get really cold, so cold that she had to take the covers off the bed.

The next morning we all got up for breakfast, again my mum told us that she was awoken again at 3 am to the sound of someone shuffling their feet across the carpet. I told her to say that whoever is waking her up at night to stop and to say it before she goes to sleep. She told me she would try it later that night.

We all got up for breakfast as usual and my mum seemed happier. She told me that she said what I told her before she went to sleep and it worked. She didn't wake up at 3 am instead she slept through the night. We went out for the day and it was late when we got back. We were all in the sitting room and I could feel something staring at me from the hallway. I took out my phone and snapped a picture but I didn't see anything. So I decided to take another one just to see. And there in the second picture I could clearly see a mans face hovering over my mums head. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I didn't want to freak anyone out so I didn't say anything. A few minutes later, my mum asked me to go into her bedroom and take pictures with my phone while the lights were off. I said fine and I grabbed my phone and went into the bedroom. I closed out the door and I was in total darkness. I started to take pictures but I felt really uneasy. Then a few seconds after that I started to get a pain across my lower back. It was really strange as it came on sudden and I decided I had taken enough pictures and left the room. When I came out of the room the pain in my back started to fade away, I went through the pictures I took but didn't see anything.

Shortly after that we all decided to go to bed. I started to feel uneasy again just like I did when I was in the bedroom. I just shrugged it off and started getting ready for bed. While I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, I could feel like someone was in there with me. It felt like I was being stared at. I again shrugged it off and went into the bedroom which I was sharing with my brother. He was already fast asleep by the time I went in. I had just climbed into bed, when the bottles on the dresser under the window moved. I looked over at the dresser to see and an old man with a bushy beard staring at me. I recognized that it was the same man from the picture I took earlier. I looked over at my brother hoping he was still asleep and he was. I looked over at the dresser again and the old man was still there, I said hello but I got no response and then he just faded away.

The next day we were going to visit some of our family living nearby and we had to drive an hour to get to them. We had only gone down a bit of the road when I felt like something was in the car with us. I glanced around but couldn't see anything but I knew something was in the car with us. We when arrived at our family's house, we were having something to eat and were all chatting to each other, I could feel something in the room with us. I looked around but didn't see anything. A short while later, my mum wanted to take some pictures so I said I'd take them. I took maybe two pictures of my parents with our aunt and uncle, and when I was looking back over them that's when I saw the face hovering over my mums head. It was the same man in the picture and in the bedroom. He followed us to our family's house, I couldn't believe it.

The next day we left the farmhouse and went home. I was hoping the old man wouldn't follow us and he didn't. My mum was happy to be leaving she hated that house and she will never go back.

Other hauntings by DarkAngelx91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarkAngelx91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarkAngelx91 (11 stories) (21 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-18)
AugustaM - I never did any research nor do I know any history on the place but from what I can remember it was very old. He was definitely from this time period. He was wearing dark brown trousers and a white shirt and he was also wearing slippers and had a walking stick. He was a tall and broad. He had a round face and his beard was a little bushy.
DarkAngelx91 (11 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-18)
[at] lady-glow I'm not too sure if I still have them. I will check for them though.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
I hope the OP responds - this was a very interesting story and seeing the photos would be great. Did you do any research on the farm house? Any idea of its history or when it was built? Do you have any recollection of what the man was wearing or any distinctive qualities to his face or the way the beard was styled - any such details could lend a notion of time frame to your nocturnal visitor.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
If you aren't comfortable with sharing pictures of your family members, you can blur out their faces, but do share the pictures. Looking forward to it! 😊
dilip506 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
Please share the pictures if you have.
Most of the times we receive that the phone got formatted and pics are gone.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
Do you still have the pictures? Would you mind to share them with us? 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: