You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voice In The Hall

Real Ghost Stories

Voice In The Hall

 

This happened a couple of years ago when I was about 14 or 15 (I am now 17), in the house where I currently live with my parents. On this particular day in August I had woken up early (about 6 or 7 am) and everyone in my house was awake. My dad was in the living room, my mom in her room, I was in the bathroom, and my sister in our room.

Now, the way our house is set up the restroom is at a right angle with my sister's and my room, my mom's room is next to ours, and down a little hall directly across from my mom's room is the living room. So, I was in the restroom brushing my teeth when I heard a woman's voice say something unintelligible. It sounded like "let me in, let me in." The voice didn't sound panicked or anything like that. It sounded like sad or something, I don't know how to explain it. At that moment I assumed it was my sister and I thought, "What does she want?" so I asked, "What?" and listened very carefully. When I didn't hear anything, I opened the door. Only to see, there was no one there. I tried to keep calm and kept telling myself it was one of my family members. Although deep down I knew it wasn't one of them because it did not sound like their voice.

When I was done I hurried into my room and asked my sister if she had called me. She said no and I told her what had happened. She said she had also heard it, but she had heard her name. When we went to ask our parents. They said they hadn't called us.

This is one of the many things that has happened to me in this house, but those are a story for another time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Beckiie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bornparanormal (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
These are the things that really get to me hearing voices that happens every night to me my house is hunted and I will post my storie soon
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Perhaps this was just a random spirit passing through? Do you remember if the window in your bathroom was cracked open? Being August, I'm sure it would have been fairly warm & humid... Damp air sometimes has better sound conductivity than dry air (sound travels much more easily through water). Just a thought... Thanks for sharing! Best wishes,
_Wraith_ (8 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-04-13)
Its just your mind playing tricks with U?! So don't take it seriously.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Hi Beckiie,
Since the voice was only heard that one time, I wouldn't be too worried especially if it was not accompanied by any other activity. Sounds can be very odd things influenced by atmospheric conditions. Let me give you an example, the famous Bachelor Grove Cemetery in Bremen, Il is a little over 22 miles away from the Brookfield zoo. Yet, under certain atmospheric conditions the sounds of elephants and lions are heard in the cemetery, sounding very 'other wordly.' So, it is possible that what you both heard that day was someone a block or more away. Or even a car radio or something of that nature.
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Its the spirit of a woman who died a tragic death. You need an excorsist. The woman is communicating her pain to you. Wants help and is scared.
Humbly,
H
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
The local library might hold information on property or street history. But just asking around might shed some light things.

From your description of the restroom location to your neighbors it would seem unlikely that you was hearing voices from the other house.
Beckiie (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
SmokenMirrors, I don't know where I could research the history of the house. And I do Have ONE neighbor. There are houses all around my house, but only the house on the left (if you are standing out front looking at the house) is occupied no one lives on the right or the house behind mine. (The restroom window faces the backyard and is closest to the house that is empty).
Sds, I wake up every day at that time and am in the restroom by six, sometimes seven, and I haven't heard it again.
Jadeypadey, No one has heard it except my sister and me and it was only that one time.
Jadeypadey (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
one of the best thing to do is a back ground check on the house and area you live in, the 'voice' could have died in the house or the area around, ask around see if any one else has had something like this happen to them, talk to the owners who had the house before you.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Hi Beckiie, I would be interested in knowing the other encounters you have experienced. As far as this is concerned, I feel it might be residual. But did you ask anyone using the rest room around that particular time, means 6 to 7 a.m., if they have, at any point of time, heard any voices. Try also to do some research about the history of the house. That might throw some light. If you are living in the same house, try to fix the timing and be inside the restroom and find out if you hear any voices. If you do, around that time the same incoherent voice, then we can conclude it might be residual.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Hi Beckiie,
Have you researched the history of your house? Is it possible that the layout could of been different in the past.
Also do you have neighbors?

Thank you for sharing a very interesting experience.
GHOSTBUSTERS1234 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
hmmm...i don't know... Maybe the ''voices'' where from the past, like someone could of died before taking a pee, and he/she wanted in to finish up their business when they were alive, but I don't know... Just a theory.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: