You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Rude Shoving Shadow Man And Get Out Of My House

Real Ghost Stories

Rude Shoving Shadow Man And Get Out Of My House

 

My name is Sid and I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada and wish I could share a personal story of my own, but it seems that I lack a third eye or any physic abilities of any sort. I am very interested in the paranormal but, it is clearly not interested in me. What can I say? It doesn't seem to run in my blood as we are all "ghost blind." Hence why I come here to lurk and read other people's stories out of lack of being able to publish a single thing.

My husband Wayne is another story entirely; his family originated from Nova Scotia and is a mixture of French, Norwegian and Mic Mac Native Indian. These are his stories and I'm publishing these with his permission.

There have always been seers in his family through every generation. His mother isn't but his grandmother was; who is, unfortunately, deceased. He has always seen ghosts since he was a young child and sometimes has been frightened, but hasn't encountered anything that meant him any harm. In fact, he currently has a dark shadow following him around that he sees out of the corner of his eye, he believes to be the spirit of his dead father, but that's another story.

This happened about 10 years ago at his ex-girlfriend's place. The house isn't anything special by any means, just a typical 1950's residential development house that matched all the others (those of which haven't been rebuilt this is) ranch style with an unfinished basement that is primarily meant for storage.

My husband is very handy with cars and a total gearhead (gotta love 'em), so he was helping her by repairing her car. He needed to get some tools that he had left down in the basement the night before and was walking down the staircase to get them. Sorry to interrupt, the staircase was a narrow wooden staircase, typical of basement building for that time period (yes, this is relevant to the story).

He was walking downstairs when the dark shadow of a man, of slight build, shoved past him and ran down the stairs in front of him. This shadow man actually knocked him against the wall. Now at this point I would have been either: 1. Screaming and running up the stairs like the wind or 2. Crapping my pants. However, my husband who has shall we say "anger management issues" and hates people or anything shoving him around, merely got into a fighting stance and challenged, "Come here!" At this the shadow man turned around from the bottom of the stair and seemed to stare at him before running through the wall. Now it was literally just a shadow, no features of any sort. At this point, he got his tools and went and complained to his girlfriend about her rude house ghost, which surprised her as she had never had any ghostly encounters and had lived there all of her life!

Btw, just so you know, he doesn't only see shadows; he's seen many ghosts in his time and even got a goodbye smile when she appeared in his room on the night that his grandmother passed away, as they were very close.

There is another story that he requested that I add. There was an old abandoned house near the trailer park that his family would go to every summer and one day his friend Dan and he decided to explore it. They went through the entire house and it was in nasty shape. When they reached the attic, Wayne fell through the floor and all the subsequent floors beneath all the way to the basement, yet miraculously, he wasn't hurt except for a few bruises and scraps. When he sat up, he saw a young woman in period costume from about 100 years ago. He was rather startled to say the least. She asked him, "Are you okay?" He answered that he was fine, not sure what to make of her at his young age of 14. She then said in a firm voice "good, now get out of my house." He assured her he would, found his friend and told him that they had to leave. They never returned.

These probably are the only stories that I'll post as I don't wish to keep posting about things that only have happened other people I know and have nothing to add of my own. I hope that you believe me because these are true stories. I promise I'm not a troll, merely paranormally-challenged:)

Thank you for taking the time to read these stories and I wish you all to know that I love reading your stories.

Sid

Other hauntings by Obsidian0666

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Obsidian0666, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
Yes, they're annoying, but very often scary. At least, though, you believe, and if your husband tells you there's an evil spirit in a place, you know to cleanse it or not inhabit it, right? That's all a person really needs, I guess... 😁 ❤
Obsidian0666 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Thank you everyone for your positive responses, I do have another story to post actually, it's regarding updated information about the shadow ghost that has been following him around. Just want to work with him some more on it. I'm sorry about the lack of details but these are written directly from my husband's narration of the events and he's not a details man.

Yes perhaps being ghost blind isn't such a bad thing, especially according to him. They get annoying he has explained to me.

Glad you enjoyed these!

Yours,

Sid
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Hi Sid,
I thought these accountings were interesting. Although, I've never actually heard of anyone falling through multiple floors before, I DO know rotten floorboards are one of the dangers of 'exploring' old places. Very lucky he wasn't seriously hurt.
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Excellent story, Sid. I would love to hear more. I am sure I have some Micmac blood, too. I am not especially sensitive, but I do have dreams that come true.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Obsidian0666: Dont ponder too much on not being able to experience or witness spiritual activity, sometimes it can be very frightning, confusing and bizarre not to mention questioning your own mental condition, "did that really just happen?"haha. I know and have heard of some hardcore skeptics and non believers who have had big wake up calls regarding the paranormal.
Regarding your husband I liked the fact that he got to witness and see and say goodbye to his grandmother 1 last time, what a great experience. It seems as though he will continue to have experiences like these, who knows you may even witness them yourself some time in the future.😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Merlyn9394 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
I liked your storie, it has nice bright aura to it.
I too like youe am ghost blind.
I hath something to do with the placement of tne sun in your natal chart.
God bless you.
miranda_elaine (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Very interesting, you should keep posting! I would love to hear more! 😊 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: