You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Lady In White And Burnt Face Man

Real Ghost Stories

Lady In White And Burnt Face Man

 

This isn't a long story or really scary as it is unsettling. This... Phenomenon took place in Delphos, Ohio around 3 am (can't remember exact date, but I know it was at least a year ago).

I was walking around with my 2 friends and my friends mom. We were helping her deliver newspapers for some quick cash. Anyway we were walking when we passed this house that my friend swore had a evil entity in the basement. So me, being the joker I was, thought it would be funny if I stepped onto the porch and looked through the window and act like I saw something. So I did just that. To my amusement it worked, but what I saw next wasn't part of the joke.

This woman with long black hair covering her face wearing what looked like to me a white night gown was standing in the window I just looked in! Needless to say, this disturbed the hell out of me. So I ran and jumped off the side of the porch. After I hit the ground, I just so happened to look behind me and saw this mans face that looked like it was burnt badly peeking around the corner at me! After I saw that, I ran. We came back a few hours later after I regained my composure but she was gone. My friends saw it but if asked about it, they deny it.

I don't know if what I saw was actually was "evil" or if it was just some spirits that wanted to turn the tables on a young jokester. Either way, it disturbed me deeply but at the same time made me more curious about the supernatural. If I experience anything else I'll post it here. Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheBadSeed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tambrius (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-31)
I'm 4 years late and most likely nobody will read this but I have very long black hair and the spirit of someone covered in burns has been attached to me for a long time. I can leave my body too and have sometimes seen myself wearing white dresses while out of my body. But I live way too far away from you. This is one hell of a coincindense.
TheBadSeed (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
[at] LillyPie
Yes, I looked in the window and saw nothing then looked again and BOOM! She was there.
My friend said that the old owners of the house (which we all knew pretty well) said they had heard bumps and other odd noise's in thier basement at night, so they moved to a different city (which I also find odd)
TheBadSeed (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
[at] bluerose19
They saw the woman but when I told anyone else about my experince they will swear that I was just playing a prank on them. How do I know they saw it? Because later that night my friend had a nightmare about a man with a burnt face and a lady in white.
TheBadSeed (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
[at] valkricry
Yes I am sure the house was abandoned. I knew the people whom lived there before but they moved to a nearby city because they said they heard bumping in the basement that kept them up at night. (sorry shouldve included that in the story) and yea I know they sound like horror-movie characters (I find this odd too) but I recall reading somewhere that spirits take the form of what scares you the most and to be honest the girl in The Ring has always scared the hell outta me.
Jazzy_123 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
IT almost sounds like the ghost or demons from the movie insidious and it also sounds like the grudge or maybe the ring.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-19)
I do agree with LillyPieLindsay. The 2 people that you saw, are you sure they were ghosts and not 'humans'? Are you sure that house is totally abandoned? Please do not mind but some houses have 1 or more members of the family who have physical disabilities or 'distortions' which make them avoid stepping outside their homes, and sometimes their distortions actually make them look scary! With all due respect to everyone, its kind of a societal nature, that many adults prohibit their children from visiting/going near those people and to make sure that the children listen to them, they even make 'stories' to scare them (so that they don't visit 'those' people'.) Also, the way they 'look' at you may make you feel scared. Believe me I have seen such homes with 2-3 members of the family who are physically challenged (let me use that word). Once, one of those little boys was looking at me in such a way (he was peeping out of a pillar). When I found him out to be 'staring' at me in that way, I jumped up in shock and ran to my father! But I am not totally debunking your experience as not a paranormal one, as I am not sure what you might have seen that day. I am just talking about 1 of the possibilities. But I want to know the meaning of 1 line that you wrote-
"My friends saw it but if asked about it, they deny it."

Did you mean to say that your friends also 'saw' those ghosts? How do you know that they 'saw' them if you are saying that they 'deny' it? What were they exactly denying to?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-19)
BadSeed,
I've been trying to think of a way to politely say this... But the woman you described sounds just like the one in the Ring and the Grunge movies. This makes me wonder if just maybe what you saw was Halloween costumes? Now before you start saying 'No way!' this is something I did to get rid of some pesky kids who kept prowling around the place that I use to live (the rumour was that my house was 'haunted'.) With the help of some of my theatrical friends we rigged up a 'ghost' with a motion detector. Lordy, that thing was CREEPY looking, I'd half forget about it, go down to do laundry and darn near wet myself 😨 😆.I think after the 3rd or 4th time of kids screaming as they ran away, they learned to leave us alone.
The disfigured man you saw might have been the owner relishing the act.
You did say, your friend swore there was an evil entity, right? Now how did she know that? I bet you weren't the first 'peeker' those folks had come around either. Now, I'm not saying that this was it in your case, just presenting a possibility. Think about it. Also if this was a 'deserted' house - think about what time of year it was and if there are any groups in the area that hold initiation rights. (Like a sorority, club, etc.) You might have simply been an added 'victim' of their prank.
LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-19)
That sounds like it was really creepy, but how do you know that it wasn't someone actually living in that house? Do you mean that you looked in, saw nothing, then turned around and saw what you described? Was the house supposedly empty, and did your friend say why she thought there was supposedly an entity in that particular basement? (neighborhood rumors, past experience, etc)

Sorry for all the questions - sometimes even the "short" experiences need a few more details!

Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: