You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Maybe Astral Projection

Real Ghost Stories

Maybe Astral Projection

 

When I was around 9 years old my parents moved us into a green house in Kearns, Utah. This house would be the center of my parents divorce and a lot of tension. This house always seemed strange to me, there always seemed to be something there, I would hear footsteps in the middle of the night, they would go from walking softly to running at full speed. I know I didn't imagine this because my brother could hear them as well, as much as we fought he has always backed me up on these crazy experiences. This is also the house that I saw the reptilian like eye staring back at me through my parent's bathroom cupboard.

But more on point, my brothers and I always fought for possession over toys, it was all we had so we fought over it like there was no tomorrow. If we caught each other in one of our rooms a full on punching war would break out and end up in either a spanking or a lecture. Quite honestly... Best of times, we still laugh about it now!

It started just after we moved into the house. I would wake up to the sounds of things being moved around in my room so when I turned over to find the source of the noise, I saw a little boy playing with the toys in my room only he had no physical substance. I could see through him, he emanated a soft white light around him. But the thing being a boy automatically made me assume it was my brother so I yelled at him to get out of my room and he just looked at me with wide eyes knowing he had been caught and ran into my closet. Yes, my closet. This infuriated me more so I jumped out of bed and yelled my brother's name and told him to get out of my room. When there was no response I walked into my closet and he wasn't there.

Confused, I thought maybe he had snuck by me somehow even though it would be pretty much impossible since I was between the door and the closet. So I marched my happy butt to his room ready for a midnight brawl and there he was, sleeping. I thought for sure that he was faking it so I shoved him awake and demanded an answer as to why he was in my room. He told me he was not in my room and that he had been sleeping the whole time. Of course me being the big sister I totally did not believe him and decided to wait for the fight the next morning.

That same night my brother came into my room demanding to know why I was in his room playing with his stuff. I, quite irritated for being woke up, told him to stop being stupid and told him I wasn't in his room other than to ask why he came into mine.

So we sat down and went over everything that had happened that night. Apparently he saw a girl in his room with a white glow surrounding her playing with his stuff and she then disappeared into his closet. We had both witnessed the same thing that night but it was somehow different. I don't know much about astral projection but in a way maybe our astral selves decided to irritate each other.

Opinions would be great!:D

Other hauntings by Believer88

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Believer88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Believer88 (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
I don't remember if there was a feeling of coming back into my body but then again I was only 10 years old at the time. I think being so young and angry that my brother could have been in my room had triggerd a need to get revenge even in my sleeping state so my mind and body reacted to the way I was feeling. I believe children can't really control their actions as an adult would so a child wanting revenge to the extent of even planning it in a dream could cause astral projection that would show it self to a younger sibling.

But I could be wrong! Thank you everyone for reading my story and offering opinions! 😁
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Very interesting story, I always love stories from my home state. While you were sleeping as your brother woke you up do you remember a feeling of coming back into your body?
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
Hmm I wouldn't rule out Astral Projection just yet because a lot of people also believe when you dream you are actually astral projecting yourself and I believe it can be done without trying like most other things you have to stumble across it...

The chances of them both doing this in the same night is very unlikely but the chance is still there and because you and and your brother both seem very close maybe you were more in tuned with each other's aura?

I don't know too much about it but I wonder if it were Astral Projection why did your "brother" not argue with you when you told him to get out? Maybe you startled his spirit so it fled?

It could also be an entity or two, possibly a different form of a shape shifter?
Basically this is a website about the unknown so we can't say this is what it was and generally can't say "Oh ghosts don't do that" or same with any other unexplained experience, all we can say is that from research and habit it sounds more like this particular entity...

I must say though, for some reason I feel it may be Astral Projection, I have no solid idea why though but what a nice experience with the unknown you both had 😊
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
I don't think that was astral projection at all!
If it shifted shapes and did it to both of you at the same time, I think its an entity, something else.

I had an entity take the form of my father twice!
It fooled me at first but always keep an eye out, there's always something that could help you make the difference.

My dad (well the entity that pretended to be) didn't talk back to me he just stared at me and lifted his hand to say hi, but he looked mad, and that's not like my dad.

I have a tendency to not trust entities that could switch forms
justmekat (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
Like previously stated, I don't really think that this was astral projection because:
A) As aforementioned, the likelihood of you and your brother projecting at the same time is very unlikely; and,
B) You cannot see the astral projection of someone unless you are on the astral plane (unless you have a very strong third eye).
So my personal opinion is that this was an entity, and probably not an average child ghost, as it morphed.

This is just my perspective on what happened, obviously, and I hope I didn't come off as snarky. This incidence is never going to be fully figured out, much less on an online forum, but I hope my answer helped. Thanks for the story.
ScarletCarson (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
Hello

I also think that you should have recognised somithing if the appearace was you astral projection. It is possible that you dreamt something what caused you making an astral projection. Maybe you can remember a strange dream?
Anyway you can try to speak with them, if you want and they show up again. Maybe you'll find out if it's one or two spirits our you're astral body.
Good luck.

Scarlet
dhlp_xyz (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
Hi there!

Well I don't feel astral projections can happen without person's awareness, what I want to say is, that suppose if you want to do astral projection you have do it purposefully & with efforts, how come you both had astral projections when you were sleep, seems near to impossible (may be I am wrong).

What I feel that there might be some spirit / spirits or some other entities, bad / good who were imitating.

But as you said he was surprised that you saw him & ran away in closet that means... He was a spirit/entity not imitating rather curious of the toys.

Strongly I feel that in that house there was a worm hole to other dimension or some spirits were trapped.

Open for discussion.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Believer88,
It might have been astral projection. Did the boy and girl look like you and your brother? I find your take on it interesting. Sounds like the house had some negative energy though.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
That is so strange. Don't know about astral projectcion. You mean we can just step out any time we want?
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Hey there! It can be a mischievous spirit too or it might even be your respective astral bodies. After reading the way how you guys fought over toys, I personally go with astral projection. Must say you guys were intense, LOL. Funny story really 😆.
-Shady
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
I think your idea of astral projection is right-on. Since you and/or your brother were sleeping at the time of sighting each other.
soul_shine (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Have you done any research on the house's past history? Just wondering if it could be spirits. I honestly don't know much about astral projection, I need to educate myself! Either way, that is fascinating!
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Really good narrative. Strange are the ways of the unknown. But, honestly, I was not scared. Maybe it was a spirit that wanted to have fun - by making the both of you fight.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: