You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Neighbours

Real Ghost Stories

Neighbours

 

This is the first ghostly experience I had since I was but a small child, and let's face it, I can't really recall the earliest of them all. I can't say which one of those are real since as a child, I really didn't pay much attention to all things paranormal. So let's start my collection of experiences from here.

It was a sunny summer morning, year 2007. My sister and I had just spent the night at my best friend's house; we had one of our usual sleepovers. It was about 10AM and we were downstairs, getting ready to leave for home (my best friend lived right next door to us). While my sister and friend were chatting away happily, I (being bored as usual for them taking so long) glanced around the walls and such, trying to make the time less tedious.

And that's when I saw Him.

Right at the top of the stairs, where there's a landing between my friend's room and her little brother's, there walked a tall, lean figure of a young man. He walked with long, fast strides, but I still had enough time to see every little detail of him. I still remember the image vividly (thanks to my photographic memory, I guess). The sun was shining through my friend's brother's window behind the figure and then right through Him. It made the whole thing look yellow-ish, golden. He had a red-black-white farmer's shirt on, with apparently the usual blue jeans. His hair was medium light and little bit longer than the usual short cut. It was a beautiful yet shocking sight; Him walking there with light shining around him, in specs of sparkling dust.

For a good long second after the sight I just stood there, my mouth pretty surely hanging open, before I sprung into action. Turning around and facing my sister and friend, I pointed upstairs, asking if they saw it. Of course they didn't have the slightest clue what I was talking about. After I explained what I saw my friend turned a bit pale, since he walked right in the direction of her room.

When we got home, I asked my Mother if she knew about a young man as such I had seen ever living in that house. And she said, "Why yes". Then she told us that there once lived a young man named Juhani, when my mother was but a little girl, who got stabbed with a knife on his way back home. After being stabbed, he did get home, but died before the paramedics had time to save him. The room from which I saw him coming from was his room back in the day. And when I described what he was wearing to my Mom, she told us that yes, that was what he usually was seen wearing.

So there. That was my first encounter with a so called ghost that I can actually remember being something more than perhaps my imagination. And this encounter launched in action what is now a very active life with the paranormal.

Other hauntings by katzifilth

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katzifilth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Wow your story is awesome 😁... Do publish more I'll... Be waiting 😉...
katzifilth (4 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Thank You for all the comments (:

Allesgute: I also had the understanding that spirits can turn up and show themselves at any given time of the day/night. And I do have more experiences that have happened during the morning and day!

Fergie: Yes, it was quite a alarming sight at first. I couldn't do anything for a while but stare upstairs!

SmokenMirrors: Yes, that might be what's going on in there (:

VSAngels: It really was a interesting sight, althought a bit shocking at first (:

Amihet: Really, he did...? That's interesting! And I'm sure to post more of my experiences later. There's quite a lot of them, but I try my best! And I try to put them on in somewhat chronological order (:

Zeta: Thank You ^^ I do try to be honest; I don't have a reason to lie or make up any stories. My experiences are quite enough for me, and I do hope people will not think of me as somekind of a liar!

Valkricry: Yes, that is indeed how it might be (: I have other encounters revolving around this same young man... Or I assume they have happened with the same spirit; if not, then some other spirit has been trying to fool me!

But more experiences will follow, and I appreciate every comment! (:
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Katzifilth,
Very interesting encounter. It does sound as if it was residual, but that makes it no less intriguing. I hope we hear more from you.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Love the story because it seems to be very sincere and you do have a nice way with words. I like how you state at the end "this encounter launched in action..." It seems like it is very seldom that a person only has one encounter. I will be looking for future stories from you.

Zeta.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
My son also saw a spirit that had a golden yellowish glow to him on a saturday afternoon when we were looking at houses. He hasn't seen anything since then. This older man also had a tragic death, he committed suicide in the home. I would love to hear about some of your other experiences.
VSAngels (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Yes! I've heard of spirits stopping by during the daytime. They're not all in the night. My friends grandfather had a ghostly visit to her house after he passed, mid-afternoon! I bet it was alarming but very cool and interesting. Best of luck and thanks for sharing! ❤
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Thanks everybody. I stand corrected. Will definitely go through the link zzsgranny:)
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
From your description it sounds like residual energy to me. Must of been a shock to see though.

From my knowledge spirits only need energy to manifest so night or day as long as the energy is there they can make an appearance.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Katzifilth, that must have been quite an alarming experience for you; and to find out later that someone of that description had actually died there.

[at] allesgute, It is possible to see apparitions during the day. I request you have a peek at my submission entitled "Randfontein Mine House". Okay, they were not human apparitions that I saw, but so real that I looked all over the house for them.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
allesgute: I feel spirits/ghosts are around us at all times. It may be more difficult to actually see them, but I don't believe they "wait" until it's dark to manifest. The following link explains it better:

Http://www.epicparanormal.com/faq.html
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
From whatever ghost stories/literature I have read, I have never heard spirits manifesting themselves during daytime. If this has really happened, it's a new development for me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: