You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Safe Ride Home

Real Ghost Stories

Safe Ride Home

 

I had been living in Santa Barbara back in 1993 when I found myself suddenly unemployed. After several months without luck finding a job, I started going to the local Temp Agencies for work. One by one they turned me down, telling me that, with my Engineering degree, they weren't going to be able to place me because I was "overqualified" for anything they had to offer. So, out of the 7 Temp Agencies in town, the first 6 had turned me away, without even taking my resume! However, the 7th place not only took me in, they actually gave me a job and I found out later that this last place was run by two ladies who both had strong psychic abilities and many of their workers also had psychic abilities.

So, anyway, at the job they got me, I became friends with this one girl (who also worked with them) who was a strong psychic. She would tell me what I had for breakfast that day or what I would find in my mail when I got home, stuff like that - it was kinda freaky! I was really into using a Ouija board at that time (and have since learned why one should never do that...) and that was this girl's main practice, so we would get together all the time and use her Ouija board, which she had had specially made...it was round and made of wood and elaborately decorated. It was actually very nice, as a piece of art.

Well, this girl's background story was that - in every incarnation she had been through - she had always ended up being killed by this evil spirit who was jealous of her relationship with her "soul mate". Apparently, also, she had always been killed with the same jeweled dagger. So, in this incarnation, she said she had identified her "soulmate" and the "evil spirit" (whom happened to be married to each other this time around) and she had a photograph of them, with this woman having a jeweled dagger stuck in her belt, as some kind of "decoration" perhaps. Anyway - so take this part of the story as you will...

So, we were doing the board one night and were talking with her "Guardian Angel". Suddenly, an evil spirit took over the board and started swearing at us and threatening us, so we decided to send it away and call it a night. At this point, it was about 2 in the morning. We were discussing what had just happened, and, I mentioned to my friend that I would try to help her in anyway I could spiritually, to save her from her repeating "fate". She thanked me and I gathered my things and left.

I was about 10 steps outside her door when suddenly, someone screamed in my ear! It was almost like someone ran past me, screaming at me, because the volume was very low then very loud then very low again. I spun around, but, of course, no one was there. My friend lived in an apartment complex, but, being 2 in the morning, all was quiet around. I was scared and went back to my friend's place. I thought I knew what I had heard, but we brought out the board again and called for her Guardian Angel to confirm it.

What I had heard was...."Don't help her, you jerk!"

So now, I am scared out of my wits thinking her evil spirit is now after me! It took awhile to calm me down and my friend said that she would ask her Guardian Angel to accompany me home, to make sure I was safe. I kinda "poo-pooed" that in my mind, thinking that wasn't possible, but agreed. So, I get in my car and start driving home.

Several minutes later, when I was on the freeway of all places... what should happen but... suddenly a man (her Guardian Angel I assume) appeared sitting in the passenger seat of my car! Solid as you or I! He was about 35, blonde hair, wearing a red plaid shirt and blue jeans. His body was turned towards mine and he smiled at me and waved and then disappeared! I thought to myself, "Huh! Waddaya know! He *did* follow me home! That's cool!".

Then, when I got back to my apartment and parked my car, this man appeared again, solid as before, sitting crosslegged on the hood of my car, again smiling and waving at me. Then, the next morning, as I was taking a shower, suddenly two eyeballs appeared in the wall of my shower and looked around, then disappeared. That freaked me out the most, but only because I was naked at the time in the shower! I assumed the eyeballs belonged to this Guardian Angel.

So, nothing bad happened to me in regards to the "evil spirit" and I never saw the Red Plaid man again. Many people ask me, "Weren't you scared when he showed up in your car, when you were going 70 mph?" and I say, no, actually, a sense of peace and calm came over me each time he appeared and I knew that I was safe with him. It was a very interesting experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Brittni (3 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-07)
I have to say I don't believe in reincarnation, but it didn't really take away the credibility of the story. Your experience with the Ouiji board and her 'past lives' may not be related at all. I do believe in guardian angels and good spirits that watch over us, having had experiences with it myself, and really enjoyed your story. I would definitely not recommend the use of Ouiji boards to anyone!
AngelusExMortis (1 stories) (11 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
I brought a ouija. I looked at it a few times but I was too scared to use the thing. I think I threw it away so I think I made a good desicion after reading this! ❤ 😁
bobdylanrock2244 (1 stories) (16 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
im going to use a ouija board soon my nannas got one but she won't let me so I snook it 😁 let me tell you a tip, never never ever ever use one ❤
ven (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
wow... 😊

I wish I could see my guardian angel too... 😊 I know the guardian angels exist... Since I was a kid... I always believe in guardian angels... They always protect us... And mine had protected me a couple of times... Its pretty cool... 😊
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
has anything else happened since? And is your friend ok? Not messin with you by the way I am actually concerned to see where it goes
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+3
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
I agree with the others about using or associating with people and believing anything a spirit contacted through one of those might say. Also what she told you- "she had always ended up being killed by this evil spirit who was jealous of her relationship with her "soul mate". Apparently, also, she had always been killed with the same jeweled dagger. So, in this incarnation, she said she had identified her "soulmate" and the "evil spirit" (whom happened to be married to each other this time around) and she had a photograph of them, with this woman having a jeweled dagger stuck in her belt, as some kind of "decoration".- Other than my belief in the bible and its plainly stating that God said," a man has but one time to die and then judgement..." The chances of holding on to that dagger through each lifetime, and who holds it while changing from one life to another? The variables are so many and great as to baffle the mind.
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
That is amazing! Count yourself blessed! Not many people can say that they have such a fun loving guardian angel. I can only hope that mine has a sense of humor!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
Good points on the Ouija boards. Personally I had a horrific experience with one while in the service, and being a well trained military person, thought I could handle a rematch with the thing. Apparently MY guardian was watching over me because I survived what started out as a meeting of like minded individuals with a hankering for a little excitement. What we got was so much more, so I warn against using such things... Even if you DO use a purity ritual beforehand. Thanks for the story.
Kelsey (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-01-29)
I agree-- Ouiji boards are dangerous. My mom had a friend who had one once, a real one, not just some Hasboro(TM) knockoff. Anyways, she would always try to get rid of that thing but never could, she would throw it in the lake and it would appear in her closet. It eventually drove her insne. She moved away and my mom never saw her again. Some evil spirit would never let her alone. That is an interesting story, but where was your gaurdian angel? Did you ever ask her how she saw her gaurdian angel? I think maybe they look different ways to different people.
Micah (guest)
+2
18 years ago (2006-07-30)
Amazing story man. If anything else happens be sure to let us know :) Oh and be careful maybe you should talk the spirit into letting go of the past and enjoy the world, there are plenty of spirits that the "evil" spirit could get along with. Just an idea.lol
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
18 years ago (2006-07-22)
Personally, I think you're right, playing with Ouija boards is just asking for trouble. It's all nice and dandy as long as you communicate with good people (not unlike the web, hehe) but some lunatic entitiy might see as an invitation for terror. Who knows, that might be just sport for them, but for us, common mortals in the western world, habituated with rationality explaining it all, it can get pretty traumatic. Like seeing eyeballs while you're having a shower for example ;) Damn... I didn't need to learn that. Hehe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: