You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ride Of The Valkyries

Real Ghost Stories

Ride Of The Valkyries

 

Over the past few days, I gained some useful information. Since the entity was picked up at the castle Neuchwanstein, the possibility arose that the entity could be a valkryie.

'Mad' King Ludwig, as people call him, based a lot of Neuchwanstein's rooms on his favourite musician, Wagner. One of his pieces was 'Ride Of The Valkyries, which was composed not long before Mad King Ludwig died under mysterious circumstances, drowned in Lake Stanberg.

People play 'Ride Of The Valkyries' to 'scare away' apparitions, or shadows, that danced across the castle walls, reported by visitors and castle staff. These were believed to be Valkyries. These experiences of mine sounded like what a valkyrie would do, so playing 'Ride Of The Valkyries' would supposedly scare it away.

The first time I played 'Ride Of The Valkyries', the entity moved closer to the music, which meant it was working. Satisfied, I decided to wait for a few days before I played it again.

The next time I played it, I felt the entity stay still. Frustrated, I let the music play on for over an hour but the entity remained still over that one hour.

The third - and final time I played it, I ran into my house, drenched in rain by the ongoing storm outside, and decided to conduct another EVP session with the piece playing.

This is how the conversation went.

'Who are you?' I had asked that question in the first EVP session, but it had not answered.

The answer was hissed out. 'Samuel...'

'How did you die?'

'Hanging...'

'What was the year that you died?'

'1886...'

'Are you a Valkyrie?

'No...'

'Where were you hanged?' An feeling of dread hung in the air.

The windowpanes began to rattle and the volume of 'Ride Of The Valkyries' was turned up until the sound became deafening. A scream was heard, and the door to the room that the entity was inhabiting opened... And closed.

Other hauntings by CF

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CF, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aarushi (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
hey!
I m not sure... But I might have reached the conclusion... This Samuel guy might be Samuel Fielden... Since he's not a Valkyrie and was hung in 1886...

Read this:
Http://www.illinoislaborhistory.org/haymarket/the-story-of-the-haymarket-affair.html
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
All the representations I have ever seen of Valkyries have been valourous warrior women.Yeah...Haven't done this in a while But I am flinging The B.S.Blankie! Does anyone know where one can acquire a circus tent sized B.S. Blankie in respects to this hunk "o' Hooey? 😆
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Stark and CF, the same person? Everyone needs a cheerleader when they sense defeat. The locals are starting to rally against silly.
AshJay1985 (7 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
CF - I do believe in ghosts but the story what you have posted is fake! Mods, delete these kind of stories from this site and this site is meant for the people who has experienced it for real.
Stark (1 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
Hi CF I'm very interested in your stories and you could say that I'm a fan of yours. Your stories is the main reason that I have registered and also to contact you. If you don't mind I have tons of questions to ask you. I'm really hoping that you could answer my questions. It would mean a lot to me.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
cf,
you talk of history as a subject in school- which it obviously is for you. Your age shows through your reply...that's OK. You will not always hate "history"...as you mature, and it no longer is "homework"- history becomes a fascinating subject. Things start to come together- where we are, how we got there- where we may be heading. If the paranormal is something you are really interested in learning- you'll need to embrace history. Instead of creating false experiences- read up on real, documented cases.
There is an old saying that goes something like
"Those who don't learn history, are doomed to repeat it" or something like that.
CF (10 stories) (43 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
LibertyBelle,

Valkyries are depicted as women, but they might not be. 😲

CF
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
Interesting, CF.

My former husband had a roommate in college who definitely did NOT like Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries because he said that it was attractive to storm spirits (his belief system was quite interesting, as it drew heavily on Native American spirituality as well as European).

One question, though.

You mentioned that the spirit said his name was Samuel, and he had died by hanging in the 1880's. Then you asked if he was a Valkyrie.

Valkyries were female spirits (or, perhaps, demigoddesses) whose twofold mission in life (or whatever their existence was called) consisted of gathering the spirits of courageous warriors who had died in battle and escorting them to Valhalla, where the Valkyries waited on them.

In Norse tradition, Valhalla was a place where the dead fought all morning and, after their wounds were miraculously healed, feasted for the remainder of the day--a perfect way to live, in the minds of many Germanic and Scandinavian warriirs of ages past.

The question is, why would you ask a male entity if he was a Valkyrie, since the Valkyries were depicted as women?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
CF,

I'm Sorry you do not like History, however if we are to back up our experiences, weather by capturing things electronicly or keeping a Journal of events then our Historical Research must be acurate or there is no way to trace a True Haunting back to a possible source... Either an event 'captured in time' (Residual Haunting) or a possible Intelegent Haunting that information gathered by interaction with it can be backed up by research into History... Of the Building, Property or of any possibly named individuals.

There is also the problem of which came first... A 'story/experience' then the research or the research and then the 'story/experience'. One backs up anything we may have experienced and the other has been done to ensure the 'story' is believable...

I hate to say it but after all your publishing and all your comments I feel that you have shared a 'story' with us and not a True Experience. That is just My Opinion after reading and re-reading everything you have posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
CF (10 stories) (43 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
I HATE HISTORY. Always will, always have, so my apologies if there are any historical inaccuracies.

CF 😊
LeFemmeFetale (3 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!
(sorry for piggyback riding on your story submitting page is down)

I submitted this same story in Yahoo Answer and was mocked and ridiculed that my fiance had hired a hooker and that I was stupid. Please this is serious because now I'm seeing her!

My fiance was in Dallas, TX for 10days for training. On one of those nights he was drifting into sleep when he opened his eyes suddenly because something was moving around his leg and there was a figure dresses in white with what appeared to be a burka except without the covering on the mouth and tassels hangs from the "bangs" of the white fabric. It began to grab his thigh and Chris was so scared he wanted to cry and close his eyes and pray it away. However, he told himself this thing would not have the upper hand and grabbed its arm and held it tight and would no let go. The thing began to squirm and Chris was having a hard time sitting up. So will all his might he held on and sat up (felt like he was being forced down) and faced that thing. However, upon doing so, it had vanished. On his way back home on the plane he felt a scratch on his face. He came home and I found another one inches away from that one. I told him if a cat had scratched him and he said no and I said well those look like cat and jokingly said " she really beat you up bad for your lunch money kiddo" and he remembered something he had just brushed off the night before, a white cat was trying to get into the hotel where he was staying and that he was scared away by employees. Have any of you heard of legends or stories like this? 😕
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Ha, ha! Moongrim, your comment is hilarious.

Seriously though, "Ride of the Valkeries" did appear to get a response, regardless of historical inaccuracies and all that. Samuel needs to be dealt with in the appropriate manner and sent into the light. Understandably he's upset about how he left this world but it's time he moves on. Get someone to help you with this if you don't know how but I wouldn't keep contacting an angry, earth bound human spirit.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Well if the ghostie is attracted to classical music then what I'd recommend you do to dispel it- is play some RAP 'music'.

Since that cRAP can drive off anyone with half a mind.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Perhaps if you were familiar with the story that the Ring Cycle tells you would realize that the idea that it could "scare away" a Valkyrie is ridiculous & if you read any of the myths of the Valkyrie you would know one could not be scared away. You keep trying to keep your story alive making it more & more clear you made it up from the beginning to feed off of the attention.
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Do you even know what a Valkyrie is? It isn't a bad or evil spirit. In Norse/Nordic mythology the Valkyrie was a guardian angel of sorts, that watched over battlefields. After a great battle or war, where either both armies were killed or one remained victorious, the Valkyries would comb the blood soaked battlefields leading the warriors who fought honorably to Valhalla. While sending those who dishonored their houses or clans to hell.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
CF,

I've already pointed out a bit of the historical mistakes that another individual made concerning the History of King Ludwig. While I DO NOT ARGUE the FACT that he was inspired by Wagner when he had had this castle built I have to ask you to define the time line in this statement of yours...

"'Mad' King Ludwig, as people call him, based a lot of Neuchwanstein's rooms on his favourite musician, Wagner. One of his pieces was 'Ride Of The Valkyries, which was composed not long before Mad King Ludwig died under mysterious circumstances, drowned in Lake Stanberg."

I ask because there is 21 years between Wagner leaving the Castle and the Death of the King of the Doctor... So what do you mean by 'not much time'?

Here are the Historical FACTS...

FACT: The Ring Saga... (contains Ride of the Valkyries) was was fully orchestrated in 1856, eight years before Wagner worked for King Ludwig II.

FACT: Wagner BEGIN his employment with the King in 1864 and was asked to leave King Ludwig's employment in Dec 1865 because he was seeing another man's wife, her name was Cosima and she was 24 years younger than Wagner and was herself illegitimate, the daughter of the Countess Marie d'Agoult, who had left her husband for Franz Liszt. Liszt disapproved of his daughter seeing Wagner, though the two men were friends. The indiscreet affair scandalized Munich, and to make matters worse, Wagner fell into disfavour among members of the court, who were suspicious of his influence on the king. So in December 1865, Ludwig was finally forced to ask the composer to leave Munich. Not much mystery there.

FACT: The King and his Doctor were found dead in the Lake... On June 13, 1886 both Ludwig II and Dr. Von Gudden (Ludwig's physician) were found drowned in Lake Starnberg under very suspicious circumstances. The exact details of their deaths are a mystery to this day, but a popular belief is that the two were murdered.

I still fail to see any connection that Wagner's Opera has anything to do, other than inspiration, with this supposed 'spirit' that you have been dealing with... I have refrained from saying this... I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt But I now call for the BS BLANKIE...

Sorry wonderful STORY but that's after all that has been said and done it's just that A STORY.

Respectfully,

Rook
CF (10 stories) (43 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
zzgranny,

Nothing happened after that, at least for now.

CF
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
CF: "A scream was heard, and the door to the room that the entity was inhabiting opened... And closed."...And then what happened?...Please don't tell me there's going to be a "part 2", "part 3", etc?...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: