You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Beads Taken Off by Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Beads Taken Off by Ghost?

 

Here's the gist. My best friend (chrissy) has a ghost that came to her door a couple of times and it really freaked her out so one night she put prayer beads on the doorknob and it didn't reappear for the past year. Last friday I went to go changing in her room but the door wouldn't shut because there were things blocking it, so I took the stuff off and put it in her laundry basket. I closed it and started changing (no one was home but chrissy and her step sister), they were all downstairs, and the door opened, I shouted "chrissy, wait, I'm changing" then I closed it back. It immediately opened right back and I said "stop it", then I tried to close it again, I leaned on the door, and I felt the door knob twist so I open it but no one was there. I went downstairs and told them the whole story but they said they were down there the whole time then chrissy asked me: "did you take the beads off the door?" I told her I did, then we all freaked out and sent her step sister upstairs to put it back on. However, they weren't there at first, but when we looked back on the doorknob they were suddenly there again. I know I took everything off the door... It was a scary night.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Emotionalprincess (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Ok so you said that the beads can keep the ghost away right? If it does the how would the ghost put it back?
bookfreak (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Very interesting story. I'm not sure, but it's possible there is more than one ghost. One could be the one that stood in your friends doorway while the other is aware of how much your friend dislikes this and was trying to help by preventing the other spirit from being able to do it. I've heard stories before where one ghost ind of referee the other to protect the people living in the house.
VampireGee (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
Tbh, what I'm thinking is maybe the 'ghost' wanted you to put the beads back on because they know your friend doesn't like it and so they tried to open the door to get them to put back.

Nice story btw, thanks for sharing.

VampireGee ❤
77believer (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
Woah, that is creepy. But you'd think that the ghost wouldn't want to put them back because it would keep them away. Maybe it was a prankster who also was nice enough to put things back.
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
Yieks I would never touch anything on someone's door.I'd be terrorfied.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
Ghosts sure act in mysterious ways don't they... Very mischivous and... Well annoying really lol
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
Most demonic can not enter a room with a crucifix or any other religious paraphanalia. That is why the "thing" couldn't come into the room with the prayer beads on the door knob. Keep them there, maybe bless the house, or smudge it with Sage. Good luck!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
It does sound as if the prayer beads did their "trick" doesn't it. What I don't understand though, is if the beads were for protection and they had kept the ghosties away for an entire year before this incident, what would make the ghostie put them back up? Some things I guess we are just not meant to understand about unearthly entities. Thanks for the story.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
That's creepy thanks for sharing this story with us. I enjoyed reading it. It sounds like it was a ghost. I have seen 3 ghosts in this year I'm only 16 LOL. I have seen loads of strange things all my stories are on psychic experience website my name is just Katie on there. I'm the only Katie on there just Katie.
I have 10 stories you should go read them. 😊
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-31)
wow, that's creepy, and I definitely believe you because that stuff happens.
Amber LaStrega (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-07-21)
Please forgive me, but the part "...then we all freaked out and sent her step sister upstairs to put it back on..." seriously made me chuckle. Frightening event for you all, though, no doubt!
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
18 years ago (2006-07-20)
I had a similar exprience once, although I'm not completly sure it was a ghost, it was mysterious nonetheless. I was around 14 and was alone in the house. I went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet, doing my thing and reading some Time Magazine. All of a sudden, the door start slamming, opening and closing, like if one of my brothers was trying to scare me. I shouted the usual "Stop it you moron it's not funny", but it continued. Now that was like 19 years ago so I don't remember very well, but I think the door knob was also moving, because in my mind, there was no explanation for seeing that door acting like that outside of a little brother playing tricks on me. Anyway, I finished my business and looked outside to punish the little brotherly devil, but no one was in the house. I tried to rationalize it on some strange wind phenomenon in the house, but I was freaked for a while. Now I just learned a few weeks ago that one of the family that inhabited this house in the past had a little girl that drowned.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: