You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: A Ride With The Devil

Real Ghost Stories

A Ride With The Devil

 

My auntie told me this story of what happened to her when she was younger. My auntie is now in her 60's. This occurred when she was a young adult.

She used to be on her own since she was a little girl. She used to be a traveler and had no real family, just her brother and they both had nowhere really to go. They used to sleep in trees and such.

So one night she was wondering around trying to find somewhere to go, so she decided to hitchhike to a little town not too far away from a town called Lloydminster where she had been residing before.

She had been walking for a bit, when a semi pulled up and pulled over for her, motioning for her to jump in. She hopped in the semi and said hi to the man. The man was really quiet and did not say too many words. He hid his face with a cap pulled over hiding most of his face. She stared at him wondering why he was so quiet and she noticed his hands looked really red and most of his body was covered in a big coat. He offered her a beer, so she took it. They drove not saying much. She was about to put her empty beer bottle back in the case and turned her head and when she looked back at her beer it was full again?

She got a little scared and asked him to drop her off. She knew he wasn't human and something was not right. He pulled over on the side of the road and let her out. As she was hopping out of the semi, she looked at the bottom of his seat and saw a big red tail hanging out from under his coat and chair.

I don't know what to make out of this story. I always thought she was just drunk, but she doesn't lie and she's older now and still sticks with her story. It's very scary.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marcsgirl01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

funeralmass (1 stories) (27 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-27)
Wow, if the devil would constantly refill my narcotic prescriptions (yes, they are legit, necessary, and legal) with unlimited supplies, give me all the other prescription meds I want in unlimited supplies, and refill my liquor bottles whenever anything got empty he could have me. Plus, I bet he's a metal head like me. We could take pills, drink, and play metal. Sounds good to me. ๐Ÿ˜Š. I really don't know what to make of this story. As plastered drunk as I have been countless times, alcohol has never caused me to hallucinate. Does your Aunt have a history of mental disorders or has anyone ever suggested that she needs psychiatric medications? Has she undergone some traumatic event (s) in her wandering years or before? That may be a more plausible explanation. Then again, who knows? Maybe it was some really cool "thing" who just wanted to party. He couldn't have been a bad guy since he let her out when asked.
felioness (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-29)
This caught my attention for two reasons... The place and what she saw. I know people from a small town about an hour from Lloydminister. When they were kids during the seventies they saw a strange looking man running behind a train and a BIG TAIL slipped out from under his coat. He was trying to tuck it back in as he ran after the train. They ran home in fear and their grandmother would not talk about it.
Silver_Nighthowl (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
If this is true it is one hell of an experience (no pun intended) It seems amazing... Kind of wish I had a never ending can of beer hahah, it's a good thing she got out if she felt unsafe though, I wonder what would have happened if she stayed in?
Megan1 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Very Interesting but scary! He didn't say much I be creeper out myself ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Michore (30 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
Reminds me of the cigarette story, the fire that never stopped burning until it was returned
Night_Vampire (19 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
I would like to have beer with that creature, this will save my money...๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
misstee4 (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
Never ending beer? I want to ride by him! He would take me where I want to go and hook it up? My kind of dude!
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Amazing story from what sounds like an amazing aunt.
There's a story I do happen to believe.
A man, (I'll call him Jo) driving in the mountains of TN back in the 1920's, stopped on a lonely road to pick up a man from the side of the road. He didn't pay much attention to him at first, night was falling and he was having to manuever through those treacherous hairpin turns. He did notice the exceding weight of the man as he sat down, and a certain stinch about him.
It wasn't long however before Jo's instincts told him something was not quite right about this fellow. Politely, he risked glances at this stinky stranger, and noticed he had exceedingly hairy hands. Odd. Jo kept driving.
He risked another glance and realised this man's hands were not all that was hairy. Indeed, even in the growing shadows, this man was astonishingly hairy, hair all over him.
They came to a point where he had to apply the brakes and when he did, the hairy man opened the door and got out. Jo looking after him, realised this man was not a man at all, but a 7 foot tall creature, we've all come to know as Sasquatch.
I don't think it was in the story, but I imagine Jo shook like a leaf all the way home, and became a bit more cautious about picking up hitch-hikers.
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
I know a few alcoholics that would love a self filling beer bottle, they would be drunk constantly.
Satan must be issuing driving licenses down there, when his demons take their annual leave they must be heading for the surface to see a bit of the countryside, give a few girls a lift. Get them drunk. Sounds like a good holiday to me.
smiley101 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
This sounds too unbelievable. She couldve just been drunk.
kemmi88 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
A very entertaining story... What a very weird devil giving people a ride... ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•
LydiaJoi10 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
This sounds like one of those what I like to call "fantastical tales." It could very well be a story she told to speak of the horrors of accepting rides from strangers or be so accepting of strangers in general... And the fact that she was drinking at the time could suggest she was having a hallucination and like Kimmie_Ann stated he even could've slipped something in it. However, it was a very entertaining story all the same! Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ˜Š
marcsgirl01 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Yah maybe she was trying to teach us a lesson not to hitchhike?
She doesn't like to talk about it that much anymore, she changes the subject or tells me that she already told me what happened. LOL Hmmm makes me wonder... Its a good story though I would be so freaked out if that happened to me & yes it was a different time, maybe she was drugged, she used to be a rebel, she had a boyfriend with a motorcycle & would party all the time. So who really knows? But thanks for reading & all the comments. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Kimmie_Ann (3 stories) (14 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
I, too, agree with Mannerizms.

Might suggest that maybe she was slipped something in her beer? Considering her age now, it might be possible that, when the story took place, there were a lot of drugs floating around and experiments with them ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Yeah, I agree with Mannerizms and the others. Satan loves to hear his own voice, so your Auntie saying he was quiet threw up a red flag. The red tail was another flag. It kind of reminded me of that hell boy character in the movie. This was a pretty good story though.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
I don't know. If Satan has invented never-ending beer, I just might become a convert. He can't be all bad.
butthead (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
don't want to discredit anything. Could whatever was red which looked like a tail, be something under the seat that is red which when carried rubs redness onto someones hands? Probably not I guess.
The beer bottle is also interesting. I have been to drunk to go and think my beer was empty only to find it full, before. Otherwise, I don't know.
I guess only she truely does. Very strange story.

One does wonder though as those have pointed out, if she had a bad experience hitchiking and the story is one way to ensure those she loves doesn't risk going through the same thing.
Ta for sharing
โค
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
This was a very odd thing to read about. I think I'll have to agree with Mannerizms on this one. It sounds like a teaching moment on her part. If she really did live the kind of life you say, then she probably had some bad memories that were not the type you want to share with the younger ones. So she summed it up with a cautionary tale to keep you from hitch hiking and possibly getting yourself in the same situations she found herself in.

Jav
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
I really agree with Mannerizms. Yet I don't really believe in demons and hell so I don't think she really saw what she THOUGHT she saw. Maybe she was drugged?
GIRLIE โค

This comment from ghosthunter9876 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

adsouza (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
My first thought on reading this was exactly the same as Mannerizms. Hence, I will not reiterate.
Morgy232 (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
wow that is scary but it does serve her right for going into a strangers car but I would be pretty scared if that happened to me! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
It indeed is a very interesting story, but it could be just that to teach you and your siblings to not go into a strangers vehicle? I guess no one will really know...

Thank you for sharing it was a really good read!

Blessed Be โค
MultiMahmoud9 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Im truely scared and confused and did the tail have an arrow at the end?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: