You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Boy Ghost - Can You Give Me A Ride?

Real Ghost Stories

The Boy Ghost - Can You Give Me A Ride?

 

As a rule, I do not drive at night as I live in South Africa and the crime peaks during the late and early morning hours, especially with regards to car high-jackings and burglaries. However, on this particular night, I was making my way home at around 09:30PM and driving alone. I approached a robot which is well-known for accidents as it is in close proximity to a highway off-ramp and a busy pub when I noticed that the intersection was not well lit as most of the street lights were off. I slowed down approaching the robot and turned my head to the right and noticed an adolescent boy standing on his own near the robots. He immediately captured my curiosity and although I was slowing down, it almost felt as though I had ample time to canvas the advent which within its environment was irregular and extraordinary.

The boy was between fifteen and nineteen years of age, he was wearing a red t-shirt and he had soft, curly dark brown hair. He stood near a blown-out street lamp and some wild bushes in the dark with his hands by his sides and his feet grounded firmly, and his eyes seemingly peering a few meters ahead, over the road and through the car window meeting my stare, directly, but without menace. I was not afraid, just perplexed and intrigued by him because he seemed to be luminous or glowing in comparison to everything else around him which was cloaked in darkness which only served to make him further noticeable, self-evident and observable. I stared at the teenager for a long time as I approached and passed the robot, at which point, I turned my attention back to the road ahead of me.

As I had geared down when slowing for the robot and I now needed to continue driving uphill, I reached for my gears and glanced down to my gears when doing so. It was only supposed to be a hurried glance but that is when I had the quicker realization that some one was in the car with me. I was looking down so the first thing that caught my attention was his blue-dye jeans, at which point, in disbelief my eyes continued to travel upwards to his ruffled t-shirt settled on his belt and then his chest and arms which were laying casually by his sides, and finally, my eyes met his eyes. I realized that the boy was sitting in my passengers seat staring at me, as if, in mid conversation.

I think for a minute, I completely stopped breathing. At which point, I swiftly looked at the road ahead, and when I looked back to my passengers seat, the boy was gone. I think that he could clearly detect that the situation while tangible was queer and unsanctified.

To this day, I wonder what it is that he wanted to tell me and of its necessitous and voluntary significance. I undeniably felt that I had a ghostly encounter and because of this, I made sure to keep my eye on the intersection for the next few days. It was as I had sensed. About two days later, I was driving passed the intersection at around noon when I noticed two large bouquet of flowers placed next to each other at the exact spot I had first seen the boy, and a wooden cross planted firmly in the ground.

Other hauntings by KikiGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KikiGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hexotericka (6 stories) (45 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-18)
Hi KikiGirl,
As a Pretoria native myself I know that area pretty well.
I honestly do not know how I would have reacted if I were in the same position as you. Very intriguing account indeed!
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
sds, thanks for reading my article!

I read your article - "The Mysterious Pillion Rider" and I thought it to be quite intriguing! It raises so many questions in my mind like, "Why would somebody not make themself/ves known if they needed a ride?" "Did he/she choose you for a reason?" "Is there a reason why it happens on that specific route?" "I wonder who else this happened to, but, it was never reported."

This is actually a big part of why I like being on www.yourghoststories.com - We get to share these funny, disturbing and unexplained events which have a meaning to the Author and the Readers offer ideas on the why's, when's and who's. 0therwise, there is nowhere else to share this type of occurrence, really!

Some stories will always raise more question/s then answer/s though.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Hello KikiGirl, thanks for sharing. I am reminded of to what had happened years ago, in 1986, at Nilgiris hill station where I was working. That I had narrated in my write-up, "The Mysterious Pillion Rider". Accept my compliments, you have written very well and while reading, I could actually visualise.

To be frank, I would have fainted.

Nice read and I was fascinated by the interesting discussion about"traffic lights" vis-a-vis "Robots".

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Desertmoon, these are all questions I have asked myself. Fortunately, I have only had one such encounter. In this specific story, I believe that he was unsure as to his predicament because his passing was more recent, but, by the time the flowers were laid on the spot, he was at peace. I have not seen him again and I have not heard from anyone else that they have come across his spirit.
Desertmoon (4 stories) (23 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-23)
KikiGirl - Thanks for sharing - what a fascinating account. I think anyone questioning whether there is an afterlife would be pretty convinced if something that significant happened to them. I would not have been able to keep my cool if someone just "appeared" in my car like that. Obviously no harm was meant though. That is so sad someone so young seemed to have tragically died at that spot. If a person's spirit lingers in such a way that they try to get a passers-by's attention I wonder what message they want to convey, or are they in a confused state maybe not aware they are no longer alive? I mean I wonder how it all works? What must it be like from their perspective in a time/space continuum? From a conscious perspective? Are they trying to find their earthly family? It seems so sad that when some people die they still "hang around" so to speak, either not willing or able to move on and being in this perpetual interdimentional state of existence.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-20)
Hi triden07 & abbykay_luv! KARMA POINTS FOR EVERYONE!

Nice to have your opinions on this story.

The reason why I did not faint is purely because... I looked at him sitting in my car and, he looked at me, I will be honest, I totally panicked! But, as soon as I had quickly looked to the road and then looked back, he was already gone. Our assembly only lasted about 2 minutes.

Oh, and triden07! I live near Pretoria East, and the corner I am talking about is near a pub named Shivas just off the N1 Highway, Lynwood Offramp. Are you familiar with the place?
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-20)
Hi Kiki

I would have freaked out and probably had my own accident if he had appeared in my car like that. In which area are you? I am on the East Rand, I always feel lingering sadness at accident spots on our roads, poor boy.
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-19)
Nice story there Kiki. To be frank, I would've fainted and probably crash the car. You are very brave. Thanks for sharing
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-19)
Ah! OK!

This reminds me of the joke about the US and GB being two countries divided by a common language. We use the same words but not for the same things.

Kiki, thank you. It helped me better visualize what was going on.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-19)
Karma points for everybody!
RCRuskin, I can only clarify by saying that it is a four way traffic stop with traffic lights directing the vehicles. To the right is a restaurant, small cafe and next to that is a busy pub / club / snooker place, and a church shortly after that.
The road after the traffic light is a high-way off-ramp, and from the direction I was traveling, there is a nearby school and a massive shopping center in the same direction as, a dodgy part of town.
So, somewhere in between, there are a lot of accidents there, particularly, because of the snooker place though.
elnoraemily (guest)
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-19)
Kindly_refrain, thanks for that explanation. I was extremely confused by the use of the term "robots." Pretty sure I'm going to start calling traffic lights robots now.

You are a very good writer, Kiki.
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2017-01-19)
RCRuskin, I was confused as well. I looked it up. "Robots" are the South African name (and other countries use the term as well) for traffic lights.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-19)
"I approached a robot which is well-known for accidents as it is in close proximity to a highway off-ramp and a busy pub"

I am not understanding. I know what robots are having programmed them as one of many jobs I held, but in the context of a roadside feature, it doesn't make sense. What do you mean by a robot here?

Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: