You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Could I Be Haunted? Weird Things Are Happening

Real Ghost Stories

Could I Be Haunted? Weird Things Are Happening

 

Could I be haunted? I have noticed weird things throughout my life, things I would normally just think it was weird but forget about. I am 18 years old, I was born in 1994, if this helps with timelines and ages. I live in Melbourne, Australia and I have lived in the same house all my life. My mum moved in 10 years before I was born. I think that is all the background information you guys need. If you have any questions, just ask.

Sorry if this is all out of order a little bit. When I was around 10 years old, one night I couldn't sleep. I have always had trouble sleeping but this was bad. I had some feeling like I was waiting for someone or something. When I did start to get sleepy and I laid down in bed, I felt some sort of cold breeze or coldness on my lips like some sort of cold kiss and then it was gone and I slept for the rest of the night. I was really worried, I felt like someone was saying goodbye. I had told my mum that night that I felt like I was waiting for something. I was so worried I convinced my mum to ring my grandmother the next day to make sure she was ok, she was.

Another time when I was around this age, the night before I did an open water swimming race. I had a very vivid dream that I was winning the race in the water and when I got to the beach there was a really long run and I lost it. The next day it happened. I was winning the race and I came to the beach, they had stuck the finish line quite a way up the beach and I lost it on the run up the beach. I had told my mum about my dream and when it came true, she was a bit shocked.

My mum has had an incident once when we went to America and she said she recognized this diner and felt like she had been there before when she hadn't.

Last year I had just finished tutoring and I was about to get in my mum's car and I saw a kombi (a van/car) behind the joystick, and I asked my mum what it was. She looked at me and said, "I thought it was yours." (I love kombis and I have a collection of die cast models and other stuff.) I had never seen this kombi before. It was a rubber kombi in my favorite colour (blue) and the colour was quite worn like it was old or someone had held it for a while.

Before my mid-year exams last year (in my final year of school) I had skinned my knuckles a few days before in lifesaving and it was quite sore. I use these special band-aids which have silver in them and I swear by them. Anyway, my mum went out and got some but she got the plastic ones (it was all she could get) which aren't as flexible and would affect my writing but I was going to suck it up. I put the box of band-aids in my bag in my bedroom the night before. I had put one on overnight so the box was open. The next morning I picked up another box off the kitchen table and it put it in my bag, not realizing that I had already put a box in my bag already. On my way to school (my mum was driving) and I pulled out and went to pull out a band-aid when I realized the box was sealed. I was thinking, "Hang on a minute. I already opened this box." When I read the front of the box it, was the fabric ones which were the ones I wanted. I looked into my bag and found the other opened box of band-aids. I mentioned how weird it was and my mum made the comment that someone must be taking care of me.

Could someone be taking care of me or leaving me gifts? I have 7 cats and they are the best guard dogs. No one could get into my house without us knowing about it, and my step-dad and mum didn't know where the extra box of band-aids and kombi came from.

I was up at my dad's property. It is very rural, the next door neighbors are a good 3-5 minute walk away. I was alone, his ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend had broken into the house a few days before and my mum, my half-siblings (from my dad's side) had been staying there too. They had to go to work the next day and I was on holidays and just got back from Sydney. I stayed there for one night alone. I stayed up until 4am convinced that the ex-girlfriend might turn up again, but eventually I was too tired and I fell asleep. I got woken up by what sounded like footsteps on the gravel driveway (I was in the lounge room the closest room to the driveway and I could anything at the front or back of the house). It was slow, almost like one of the horses was walking on the gravel. I rang the next-door neighbor to ask if she could see the pure white horse in the front yard and she couldn't. Then I heard footstep sound on the dirt out the front of the house like someone walking in front of the house, rang the local police because I thought it might be the girlfriend. I then rang my mum because I was freaking out when I started to hear footsteps walking around the back of the house. The only way someone could walk from the front of the house to the back would be to cross the gravel driveway and I didn't hear anything before the footsteps behind the house. I rang the emergency services and then came and checked the property and house and couldn't find anyone. When we walked around the house we were making the same sound that I heard the footsteps on the dirt.

Soon after they left and they drove around the back of the property on the road with all their spot lights onto the property and I heard something get dragged longer than what some wind could have cause and I called the police back again and they checked all around the house again and found nothing.

I got a rescue puppy for Christmas last year. She was abused and beaten before I got her. The rescue brought her down from another state because they thought we were such a good match. I had been searching like crazy for a dog and I connected with her picture. She is my baby, she missed me when I go away on trips. Lately she has been barking for no reason, just out of the blue and she then takes a defensive or protective stance in front of me. She has been taught not to bark and know she shouldn't be barking, and cowers but keeps going. When I say barking it is a single "woof" and then a pause. She looks around a bit then "woof" and repeats a few times. But my cats never react to whatever my puppy is seeing or hearing, they don't seem too.

I have always had a way with animals. People always comment on how their dog or cat has never let a stranger pat them or go near them.

Another weird thing is twice I over the last couple of years I have woken up with 2 bit marks. I always thought they were mozzie bites but they were spaced apart one time on my neck and another time in my leg. I am not just saying this because of some fantasy involving vampires, I'm not like that. I am very open minded and but I like proof, I believe there is something not normal going on.

Am I just making something out of nothing or is something going on?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nikkijane, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
livinit2, thanks for answering me. I really didn't expect that 😆. If it's cool by Mom, it's ok by me. But why not just open your own account?
livinit2 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
valkricry,
My mom does know I share an account. I was the one who had to make a new account because it said the old one didn't exist.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
At livinit2, I've got to ask - does your mom know you're sharing the account? I know she recently changed her nic after you had used it before. (As to if that was the reason, I don't know, but that sure was the timing of it.) If she doesn't know - do you really think she won't find out? Besides it's very uncool for you to go behind her back. If she does know then I apologize, at least you aren't pretending to be her, and that is a very good thing.
myra (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
welcome here... I appreciate you for sharing your experience... And happy that you seek advice...
First of all as the center of all this is your house I think you should call a priest and get the house blessed... You should also look and gather information about the history of house and the area it may help... Talk to someone who is expert in these things and have faith in God... As the entity has harmed you earlier so be careful and don't be afraid of them... Our negetivity and fear gives them power...
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
I would suggest that you get your house blessed and cleansed. Spirits generally like being around someone who has an open mind like you. And, you seem to have a natural affinity with Animals. I am very much like you, except these Spirits around me have not been doing as much as what is happening to you. I think a Spirit or Spirits are trying to look after you. Your cats (never heard of Guard Cats before haha) may have become accustomed to these Spirits, whereas your Dog has not.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
Please seek help - healer, priest, anybody who can genuinely help you. Get your house cleansed. Alternately, you can try Rookdygin's cleansing method. He is one of the members here. The method is described on his profile. Stay safe, god bless!
livinit2 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Hi nikkijane. I share this account with my mom. First, I would just like to say I have eight cats. Their awesome. I'm not sure if your haunted, but maybe something else is going on. But, maybe with your dog barking at nothing and the bite marks on you it could be possible you have an entity living in your house. If this is the case then I would seek help right away.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Dear nikkijane,
Welcome to YGS! You ask if you are haunted. That's something that is difficult to ascertain. Several of the experiances you describe could (notice I said COULD) have logical non-paranormal explinations.
This is what I would suggest, keep a journal. Write the date, time of the event (if possible, using the 'ish' is ok. As in it was two-ish) weather, how you were feeling, etc. Write down as many details as possible, along with steps you took to debunk the event. Sometimes what folks will call a 'haunting' is a one time thing, or when investigated turns out to be quite normal. For instance, that unopened box of bandaids - is it possible you had placed them in your bag at some other point in time and had forgotten about them? From a psychological veiwpoint, your race dream that came true, could have been either coincidence or (this is one I've heard a lot) your subconcious knew you do not run well in sand and so it 'predicted' your loss. Since the idea of loosing was already in your head, you self-prophisied the loss. See how this goes? Now, I am not saying that IS the explination, I'm just pointing out possibilities. That's why a journal would come in handy. If you were to say, 'I've had 6 dreams that came to pass', then coincidence is much less likely. Cataloging the unexplained 'gifts' might be good to do as well. I know the kombi had me going 'hmmm' 😊. I wish I could tell you yes or no, but I really feel there isn't enough information to make that call.
Please, keep us posted on how things are going.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: