You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Could She Be Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Could She Be Me?

 

In the past few months I've had a couple of really strange things happen at my home, which isn't out of the ordinary for my place, but I'm actually stumped when it comes to finding answers as to why and how this is happening? There have been three separate incidents that took place, all involving something that sounds very close to my voice. At first, I thought that I had probably experienced one incident that could be labeled as an "auditory hallucination", but the other two experiences didn't fit the criteria - and one involved my neighbor/friend seeing and hearing me.

My first experience with hearing the voice happened after I decided to make a spur of the moment trip back to my house, after I got to the store and realized I left my purse back at home. It was a weekday and the house was empty, two of my children were at school, and my oldest son was at work, which left only Janice and Jethro at home. Janice and Jethro are the latest edition to our family; two 10 month old kittens I adopted back in January. While I entered through the back patio door, both cats greeted me as I made my way into the family room looking for my purse. As I try to dodge cats running around my feet, I suddenly hear a woman's voice coming from the next room over. This is where it gets weird: my cats stop in their tracks and look toward the kitchen where the voice is coming from. I instinctively froze and my thoughts began to run wild - Is someone in my house? How did they get in? The weirdest part of this was that the voice sounded a lot like mine when I would call my cats to the kitchen for treats, right down to me calling their names, the voice mimicked mine. But why would some stranger be in my house talking to my cats, it made no sense? I had to investigate this even though I was feeling shaken and totally taken off guard! As I make my way into the kitchen with cats trailing close behind, I find no one. I walked through the entire house, no sign of anyone, and the house appears to be secure. At that point I shrug it off and assume I was hearing things...

The second incident happened about a week after the first one, with my neighbor and good friend Liz, who claimed she heard what sounded and looked like me chatting with someone when she dropped off a few items at my house.

Liz had called me earlier in the day saying she picked up a few things from the craft store that she thought I could use, so I told her to leave the items on the back walkway because I would be at work all day. After she dropped the items off, she called my cell and asked why I hadn't answered the door when she knocked? I had no idea what she was talking about, and I was confused because I thought she knew I wouldn't be home - I explained that that it couldn't have been me because I was still at work. There was a long pause, and then she told me that she saw me walking around inside my house and heard what sounded like I was carrying on a conversation with someone - she insisted it was me. Liz doesn't discuss anything remotely paranormal, so we just swept that conversation under the rug so to speak...

The last odd experience happened a few weeks ago, while my son and I decided to spend the evening watching Netflix. I settled into the sofa, my son Will sat across from me in a recliner and scrolled through movies. The house was quiet, my daughter had already gone to bed and my other son was at a friend's house. After a bit, Will looks over at me and asks what I would like to watch, and just as I'm about to decide on which movie to choose there's this loud female voice that comes out of nowhere - in what sounded like it filled the space between us, we clearly hear "Turn that down!" and then nothing. Both of us just stared at each other completely perplexed, not really sure of what just happened. Then Will said to me, "Whoa, how did you do that without moving your lips!?". All I could do was shake my head and look around the room - I have to admit the voice sounded a lot like mine, yet it definitely wasn't me. There wasn't any ghostly apparition, no visual disturbance, nothing except that clear audible voice. The volume on the t.v. Was relatively low, and we hadn't even started watching anything prior to that, so there wasn't any sound coming from the television.

This experience was really strange and I still haven't been able to find an explanation for it, other than at first I thought maybe a disembodied voice was the reason for what we were hearing? Could it possibly be poltergeist activity? Or is it more along the lines of simultaneous existence in regard to another dimension (me 2.0, from some other dimension)?

I was wondering if anyone at YGS had heard of any similar experiences, or could suggest what might have caused this?

Other hauntings by LightMight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LightMight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-11-07)
Hi Cherubim,

Thank you for your thoughts on my last story I posted - I apologize for not replying sooner (work has kept me very busy lately!). Yes, I've often had the feeling, or have speculated, that beings from other dimensions can coexist and share the same spaces we occupy. Regarding any recent activity at my house: I'm happy to report there's been no new incidents since I've done a spiritual house cleansing with help from a colleague of mine. Not really sure if the house cleansing was the real reason behind why the strange happenings stopped, but things seem to have quieted down since then...

Liz and I remain friends, but I've learned to keep anything 'paranormal' to myself. Much like you, I've experienced losing a few friends because of my views, but then that's why I appreciate places like YGS & other sites so much - sharing anonymously has its benefits 😁

Take Care ❤
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-29)
Such an interesting story, I've never heard of someone hearing their own voice before? The cats clearly heard it too. Yes, I believe it's from another dimension that's parallel to ours. I've always believed that it exists. There's so much we don't know. I hope you and Liz remain good friends. I've lost friendships over my paranormal experiences, and rarely speak of them anymore. I enjoyed this unusual story and hope to read more. ❤
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+5
3 years ago (2021-04-19)
Rajine,

I was actually thinking the same thing: what if dopplegangers just hang about - but wouldn't that be more like a guardian spirit of some sort? Hmm, as far as I know I'm healthy 🤔 I just had my weekly Covid test...
I see my friend this week, I'll probably try to have her come over for coffee sometime soon and have her conduct a 'walk through'...
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-19)
Hi LightMight

Do you think perhaps since the first time you encountered your doppelganger in the hospital it has always been around but it's presenting itself now for a specific reason?

It's always a good idea to get a second opinion when in doubt, hopefully your friend will be able to shed some light on the matter.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-04-18)
Hi Rajine,

Yes, I agree, freaky for sure! Although we've had many unusual things happen at our home (most have been cleared away with bi-weekly spiritual cleansing), I have never had the experience of hearing a voice that so clearly sounded like my own. To be honest, I really don't like the idea of my doppleganger hanging around my house, mostly because it sounds a bit creepy! I've actually had one experience with what I believe was my own doppleganger, many years ago when I was severely ill with bacterial pneumonia. What I saw was a very solid version of myself sitting on the edge of my bed looking extremely worried - it was at that point I knew something was wrong. They say seeing your own doppleganger can be a precursor for serious illness and/or death; I ended up being hospitalized for 2 weeks after my doppleganger experience. So, I guess in a way, you might say that particular doppleganger experience may have saved my life... As far a getting any menacing vibe from these recent experiences; no, I really wasn't feeling anything negative at the time, but it's not something I want to experience on a routine basis either!

Like you, I've had my fair share of unusual encounters, which often doesn't bother me but I prefer some balance and harmony when it comes to my personal space. I really liked your idea about having a clairvoyant come to my home; I think I'll give it a go! I do know a very good Physical Therapist who specializes in Reiki Healing, she's also very in touch with her intuitive senses and has visited my home before. I'm an insomniac also, I don't suffer from it because I've learned to appreciate the peacefulness that abounds between 2am to 4am - I do some of my best studying and research during those hours!

Thank you so much for your input, I'll keep you posted if anything new arises!
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-04-18)
Hi LightMight

Definitely sounds like freaky stuff is happening in your home, here I've had a similar incident where I heard my neighbors daughter's voice crystal clear, but the weird part is that it happened around 3am (im a hopeless insomniac) I brought this up with my neighbor and she also confirmed that she heard my voice or what sounded like me calling by her front door around 6am so when she opened the door thinking it was me, she sees no one there, we have this belief that spirits can mimick voices of people around us, but what's baffling is it usually occurs at odd hours, however your experience is different because whatever is in your home has now taken a visible form, I suggest you get a clairvoyant to do a walk over around your home, it might give you insight to what's happening. It could be a doppelganger I'm assuming, do you get a menacing or malevolent vibe from your experiences?

Thank you for sharing your story and please keep us updated on your situation.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: