You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Happenings in my New House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings in my New House

 

I have moved into a house on 8 acres and is about 15 years old. Firstly I had my beautiful dog hit by a car out on the road, then a week later my love bird died without warning. I was very upset by these happenings but moved on. I was standing out near the garage watching my husband chop wood and I smelt perfume. I was not wearing any that day. The night before the eclipse, our bedroom door squeaked on and off for a few minutes. There were no windows or doors open for any breeze to come through. I shrugged it off until the next day, when I thought I'd have a little snooze on the couch.

I awoke to find that I could not move my body. It was not scary, so I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep for a few more minutes. That has never happened to me in my life. This took place where I have felt cold spots on and off since moving in 4 weeks ago. I told my husband all of these things, and he is not one to believe in spirits, but he did mention one time he was sitting on the toilet and the blind shot up by itself. It is on of those ones you have to pull down first for it to go up. I'm here by myself everyday, yet a bit uneasy. Is it that maybe the house is all new to us and we are just discovering those different sounds? I don't know. But I have lived in many houses where I think spirits are but have not made themselves known to me.

It seems here there a a few strange happenings. I am a very lucky person but lately my days have had a lot of hiccups since being here. I am not one to back down from a ghost or spirit, but I'm wondering if I should be more aware of a presence in my new home?

Other hauntings by meg

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, meg, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bluefox3 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
you should have a preist bless the house and if you want to do it your self get a bible and say Please leave this house! Your are not welcome here. In gods name please leave this house you are not welcome here! In every room ❤ 😊 😆
phsychic_freak (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
you know if you want spirits to leave your house, all you gotta do is shout, "Please leave now! You are not welcome in this house! Go haunt some other random house! And don't ever come back!" It works trust me. They knock it off after that

❤ Heather ❤

😊
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Your house is there house. If you want them to leave then say please leave make sure you say it nicely and make sure they hear you! 😊
meg (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
Thanks everyone for the positive comments. It is great to see other people interested in all of these stories.(true stories). I know I am not alone in this thanks to all you guys, even though you are in the US !
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
I'm sorry for the losses of your pets. In regards to your bird, it doesn't sound like your visitor is angry or dangerous, birds are very sensitive to frights in their sleep, maybe he was afraid of something during the night, a ghostly visit maybe. I think if it's too much for you, you should ask nicely if the spirit could please pass on and tell him you don't want him to scare you anymore.
CenterCore (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
Sounds like you had some form of Sleep Paralysis at one point... You gotta be able to tell if its spirits or something normal that your hearing... Sometimes it's tough to tell. But mainly just remember they won't hurt you.

- Core
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
Meg don't demand anything of those on the other side. You will only get a defiant spirit that is now angry. It is best to speak to them in a normal human manner and let them know that their presence is no longer wanted and to move on to the light. That love and rest awaits them in the light. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to ask.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
meg (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Thankyou JimmyO, I might just try what you said. I hope it listens! I really don't mind it being around if its intentions are good.
JimmyO (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
if I had to suggest anything, I would say you should call out to the entity and tell it that if it's not there with good intentions that you demand it to leave. I no it sounds kind of funny but from reading a million of these stories now, it seems to actually work somehow. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: