You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: He's Real

Real Ghost Stories

He's Real

 

I previously came to this site to look for answers about a man in a trench coat, with a hat, real smokey looking but appears more of a shadow with red eyes. I researched him to find that I am not the only one who has seen him/it. I know he goes by Hat Man.

Well anyway here is my story, well part of it anyway. I was 12 when I first saw him. I was in the passenger side of the car, my mom was driving and I was half asleep when I noticed this figure standing in the road, same description I gave before. What bugged me is out of all the vehicles driving by, it felt as though his gaze was completely directed towards me. But in the instant I saw him he was gone and all that was left was a small cloud of black smoke. I asked my mom if she had seen him but she had no clue what I was talking about.

I thought maybe I was imagining things until I started seeing him at night in my doorway just watching me. And it felt as though it fed off my fear, like the more I saw it the closer he would get to me.

I knew I wasn't crazy, though, because eventually my brother started to see him and it gradually got worse. Along with him, I was seeing other spirits but he is where it all started and I don't think it helps that I live in front of a graveyard.

But this kept getting worse until one night everything went to hell. Stuff was getting thrown at us and every evil spirit I'd ever seen came out at us at once including "Hat Man" and the only thing we could do was read God's prayer from the Bible.

Somehow it stopped it all which I'm glad, but that was 3 years ago now I am 18 and I have just recently started seeing him again...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, theirwatchingme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

khizar (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
thankxx for the story. It was a great story. I believe you that you had seen him.
Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has seen this being. I have had encounters with him since I was roughly 14 (30 now), but that stopped a few years ago, and my mother saw him from the time that she was 14, until I started seeing him.
Long black trench coat, wide brimmed hat and red eyes (mine appears to have black slits instead of pupils.
I know the fear he projects. I think that fear, being one of the strongest feelings we can feel, is to him what catnip is to cats. He feeds on a persons fear and the more you fear him, the stronger the fear he projects and the more solid he becomes.
I got him to go away by admitting my fear, meditating and basically saying, "OK, so I'm scared. What now? If all you are going to do is stand there and make me scared, then find somewhere else to stand, because you are not welcome here."
After that I noticed that he got fainter and fainter when appearing to me and eventually stopped appearing to me all together.
My only concern is, if it stopped appearing to my mother at the time it started appearing to me, that he might start appearing to my son now that he has been born. But saying that, let him come. I have dealt with him before, I can deal with him again.
I hope there is something you can take away from this information.

Keep strong and don't deny your fear, embrace it and eventually you won't be his meal ticket.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
BrandX - the submission page generally reopens on Monday. So you can try again then. 😊
Boo_ (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
Does 'hat man' ever tried hurting you or your brother? Or maybe talking? 😐
BrandX (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
hi...ive been trying to submit a story but its closed or something? Is their anyone that you can talk to about ghost experiences cause I kind of need to know what's going on. Thankyou πŸ˜•
kritesh (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
i also see it but I can't understand how does it can see me in india when it is seen you there
Wiccawitch (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
I once saw a doppelgΓ€nger of myself. I was looking in a mirror and I saw my reflection but I was standing behind myself... If that makes any sense. There was me, and over my shoulder was another me. I agree with teneki, I haven't died, been sick or hurt or anything, nothing has happened!
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
As a teen, I saw my own doppleganger, or at least I think it could be termed as such, walk across the reflection of the room I was in. It's in one of my accounts on here.

I am now in my 30's, and while my life hasn't been the best of lives, I am still alive.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
According to lore, the siteing of a doppelganger in the distance could just be a sign of bad luck - lost job,accident, things of that nature. If seen by immediate family or friends it can be a harbinger of illness or death. Some claim this only applies if the doppleganger was interacted with, apparently some dopples talk. However seeing one's own doppleganger is an omen of death. A doppleganger is not always a bad thing, sometimes they serve as warnings too.
Nathaniel (37 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
Thank you, Val! I always thought if you saw a persons doppelganger that they would get sick or die shortly afterwards. I thought they brought bad news with them.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
You're very welcome, Granny 😊
[at] Nathaniel: A doppelganger is a paranormal double of a LIVING person. It translates as "double goer/walker". That had to be really creepy for you.*shiver*
Nathaniel (37 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
I know exactly what Granny and Val are describing. Albeit, was not a 'hat man,' I saw the day it happened to me. Many years ago I was hanging out in my bedroom, when I looked up to see what I can only describe as a 'doppelganger' of my roommate, who I knew was at work at the time. It looked at me, I looked at it, and I could feel that it was reading my thoughts. I felt violated, and very angry. I am not sure what it was, and can't be sure it was a 'doppelganger,' as my ex roommate is still alive and well to this day. But I used that term as it best describes what I physically saw that day.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
Val: Yes, that's exactly it! Thank you for expressing that so eloquently. ❀
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
Granny, perhaps this will help, from what I understand, the Hat Man you see makes you feel violated as if he is privy to the very essence that makes you you. It is as if he has invaded your mind and there are no secrets from him? To borrow from one of my works: "I was frightened, not by anything he did but by his rapt stare. That stare bore into my very soul as if he were disecting all my thoughts, feelings and emotions. Silently studying them, as if I were some test subject. For what purpose, I could not fathom, and this frightened me even more." Is what you mean something like that?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
I guess I should clarify: not raped as in the sexual way; but like all your thoughts, feelings and emotions are being drawn from you. Crap, it's hard to describe. I think it's something that has to be experienced to be understood.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
Amihet: See, that's a question I ask myself πŸ˜†. Because honestly, in 99.99999% of the accounts I've heard or read and in my own experiences he does absolutely nothing but stand there. I guess it may be the feeling that you're being "mentally raped" that creates the fear factor? I don't know.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
hi zzsgranny- sorry if I sound idiotic, but why were you so fearful of the hat man?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
bizzjoe: Yeah, this isn't somebody you really want to meet. He instills a pretty heavy level of fear. I have to say, I'm glad mine hasn't shown up for a while 😊
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
i wish I saw something like that... But the only thing I see these days is the tv...
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
My aunt actually has her very own "hat man" too. Shes been seeing him since shes 14, and she is now in her 40's and she still sees him. But he is not a threat, she learnt to live with it, I have seen him a couple of times too.

If he is a threat to you though don't let him get comfortable, if your prayers seem to work then keep doing them and make it clear you don't want him around! 😊

Lots of luck and love ❀
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
Well... You must be a sensitive then. I think that in some cases the hat man is more of an omen. But only in SOME cases. And I believe that in this case it was more of an omen. I think that you should ask your parents if you can move away from the graveyard and you should tell them that you are a sensitive and that ghosts and demons and all 'things that go bump in the night' are actually very real and some are dangerous. If they do not believe you then you're going to have to take action by yourself. Maybe say some prayers and keep a bible and cross with you at all times or smudge your home. Whatever your beliefs are. Also maybe get a sensitive that YOU trust and keep in contact with them. Tell them your experiences and ask for help accordingly. Please keep us updated and thank you for sharing!

~ (Charly) ~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: