You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was It Real?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It Real?

 

My mind can't stop debating over this experience of mine, if this falls under the paranormal category or just another episode of my mind going crazy.

You see prior to this experience, I had a couple of traumatic incidents that completely changed my mentality. My parents, who are completely aware of this, suggested that I should see a specialist but right away I told them "I don't need a doctor" (because I'm not crazy) and I'm nowhere near suicidal. So on to my story.

It was a normal Friday morning. I went to work as usual, doing this and that just to keep myself busy, when our cashier approached and updated me about the checks to be released. I told her that I'm going to pass her message to the person who is really in charge for that. Let's just name the person in charge as "J".

I went to J's table. I stood there looking at her for about 5 seconds and I swear her face was as black as the night. I'm not talking about dim light black, but black as black. This might sound comedic if her skin is really black, but it's not. You can compare her skin tone to that of a Korean or Japanese. She's not the "morena" type which most Filipinas are.

Five seconds might be short, but for me that's long enough to realize that I'm talking to a different person, perhaps a different entity. One thing's for sure, that's not her. I felt this kind of fear inside my gut but still, I relay to her our cashier's message. I return to my table with my brain clouded with fear, confussion and survival instinct that that entity is out to get me.

That day ended with calming myself not to do anything about it. To ignore it. Up until now, I'm still disturbed about it. I never told J about this. I know in myself that I'm not crazy and I know what I saw.

I decided to share this hoping that in this way, I could get over with the experience. Any comments about having the same experience are highly welcome and thanks for reading my story.

Other hauntings by Zaruje

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zaruje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-14)
My mother had something similar when she fell off her horse. I was about 12 maybe almost 13 and my mother and I were racing home on horse-back. We had ex racing horses and I suppose they thought that they were in a race because we both lost control of our horses and my horse Ella was breathing and panting like a wild animal.

I was in front then her horse flew past mine and when she was in front of me I saw her horse do a buck in mid canter and my mother went up in the air and fell down on her head.

I jumped off my horse and landed on my back side, picked myself up quickly and ran over to my mum who was laying on the ground face down and not moving. I was only 12 and I didn't know what to do so I started yelling and screaming at her to get up but she didn't move. Then I started to hit her and I kicked her in the side and she started breathing very loud.

Her skin was purple and I guess it was from lack of oxygen and from the trauma of the fall. When she woke up after about 5 minutes she didn't know who I was, who she was or where she was. Later when she had regained her memory of what happened she said that she had no idea who anyone was and when she looked at peoples faces they were black and fuzzy.

Maybe that is like something that you had? Maybe not the trauma of falling off a horse but maybe it had something to do with your oxygen levels? I don't know? Just a suggestion but as other's have stated I would seek medical advice because it could be something related to your health?

Take care...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-06)
Apparently everything we see out there in the supposing real world is transmitted through the lens of our eyes and actually visualises out to play inside the cortex of our brains... Hard to get your head around right? Pardon the pun... But it is a scientific fact, everything in our universe at it's core is just a wave of energy including we the people... So it's possible you had some sort of temporary glitch going on with in the wall of your own brain as you were transmitting what you saw in the Higgs field as you were detailing it into visual context. Bruce lipton (Biologist) theorises that we are actually wearing a body suit by cosmic design, 56 trillion cells all with their own antenna's sending a message back to the spirit of the individual or something like that anyway, I have heard of one other similar account a few years back where a woman looked in her mirror and saw a different face... I wouldn't worry about it, you're not crazy and don't talk yourself into believing some entity is behind it, as our imaginations enjoy playing tricks with the field giving us some interesting hypochondriac psychic accounts of which we all seem to live on to tell the story about I've had my own fair share of them of which I have learned to laugh about. 😁

Regards Daz
Anubis_return (22 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-20)
Zaruje: ❤

Oh I see. Yes. I am Filipino too. Creepy though why you see J with that kind of image.

Do you think someone is trying to posses 'J'?
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-20)
I'm going to go along with RC on this one Zaruje and suggest the medical aspects of this. Specifically, when was the last time you had a thorough eye exam? There are conditions which can cause you to see dark spots/areas and you should have your eyes checked.

If your eyes aren't the problem, try a neurologist to rule out anything hinky that might be going on in the brain.

If you're all good there, then I'd have to go along with the others and suggest it may be something with J. See if you can find out anything going on with her. It doesn't sound to me like you're "crazy". Crazy people won't talk themselves out of the crazy. They just go with it! 😜

Just remember to not let the fear take over. Fear will drive you crazy!
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-20)
Anubis

Hi!

I'm going to assume you're a Filipino coz you use the word "malikmata"?
Hehe I'm just going to clarify you that it's not like that. Pinoy din ako so I know what that means and I could say that that's dfferent, but anyways thanks for reading my story!
Anubis_return (22 posts)
-4
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
You're not crazy Zaruje! Believe me. That happens to me too.

But now, I've already overcome it. Just simply pray and focus on what you do.

Sometimes, you have to exercise. No need for consultation. Perhaps I can say 'malikmata'

Lady-glow: ❤
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
It makes sense, yes. I don't want to go crazy, that's for sure.

And one way I avoid that is by sometimes doing crazy things, like splashing in puddles after, or even during, a rain. I also have a big box of crayons as it is relaxing. 😁

Lots of people have experienced what you describe. I can't think of any specific examples off the top of my head, however. But to understand and confirm if what you experienced falls into the supernatural category, or a brain fail, or going crazy, requires more data.

Vision is a weird thing. While the eyes do pick up some stuff, in other cases, the eye and brain put together a 'best guess' what is going on. As an example:

My brother had just moved to Syracuse NY while I still lived in Rome NY. At the time, Syracuse city busses were a particular shade of blue. While stopped at a traffic light in downtown Rome, I saw in the corner of my eye, a Syracuse city bus, and my brain immediately set off error alarms. I turned my head to see a Rome city bus, white in color, next to a blue pickup truck. I wasn't going crazy; my brain just puked up something that made no sense, but fit what my eyes perceived.

You saw your coworker's face as black, not like a negroid skin tone, but black, perhaps like a very dark night, or looking into a tunnel or hole kind of black. Shadow person kind of black.

This might indicate a neurological condition that, not to be alarmist here, may lead to severe consequences if not detected and treated early. Or, it just may be that the light-sensing cells in your retina were tired and took a five second nap, so I'm glad you weren't driving when this happened.

If you don't experience anything like this again, I'd consider it to be nothing of consequence, though definitely disturbing! If you do experience it again, it should be investigated further, eliminating physical (medical) causes first.

Just my two pence.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
RCRuskin

Hehe. Believe me when I tell you that, that's what I'm really hoping to get when I posted this story in this platform. To get answers. It's not that I don't want to confirm I'm going crazy but because maybe, I wanted someone to tell me that, what I saw is some kind of paranormal and not because I'm going crazy. Hehe maybe some assurance that "hey some other people also experienced that so you're not the only one"

I'm sorry if this doesn't answer your question RC but thanks for taking the time to read my post.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
Hi, Zaruje.

I'm just wondering, and don't expect you to answer me, but if you think your mind might be going crazy, why don't you want to seek out confirmation it is not?
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
I'm not sure what the state of your mentality is, but agree with lady-glow about sending her light and prayers. ❤
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-18)
CuriousDee hi there!

This is the first time that I've experienced something like this. We have never been close since the first day I've started working in this company. We've been together a couple of times traveling, still in connection with our work, but with a co-worker/office mate relationship. I might have witnessed a few uncharacteristic flaws from her, but none out of the ordinary.

This makes me wonder if, what I saw was real or a product of my "state of mentality".
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-18)
Hi Zaruje,

I'm curious about J's personality. Has she ever done anything or said anything out of the norm? I wonder if you had a glimpse of her 'true self'? Just a thought. Has anything like this happened before?
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-18)
Hi Lady-glow! It's funny coz I always admire the way you give advice and I always look forward to your comments 😁 😁

Honestly, I don't really know what's going on in her life. We're not "that" close to each other. I remembered asking her the following Monday if something happened to her that weekend coz I thought maybe it was a bad omen or something. She said nothing happened to her and she kind of felt weird so I stopped asking questions.

Anyways, thank you very much for reading my story!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-18)
Hello Zaruje.

You are not crazy but, it is hard to say what you saw that morning.

Are you aware if 'J' has any problems? It could be health, family, emotional or any other kind of problems.
How does she behave at work? Is she prone to unexplained mood swings/anger/depression or anything else suggesting an unstable personality? Is she a difficult person to deal with?

I know it's not easy to know what is going on in the life of our coworkers but, in my opinion, it's possible that what you saw could have been a manifestation of something wrong about 'J' that has nothing to do with you.
If she's a successful woman, someone could be jealous and trying to hurt her.

If you are close enough, it would be a good idea to suggest for her to get some sort of protection; but if you are not, perhaps you can include her in your prayers and send light on her direction.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: