You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Floating Mist

Real Ghost Stories

Floating Mist

 

The event I experienced took place sometime in June 2012 in Pennsylvania; I was living with my mother and her boyfriend at the time. The first time I experienced it was in my room while I was watching a movie alone.

I was sitting in my office chair as I did every night, but on this night I saw something in the corner of my eye, so I looked over by my bed and I saw this white almost cloud like mist floating over my bed, but I continued to stare at it, although I wanted more than anything to run away to my mom, I couldn't. I know I must have been frozen with fear, but when I noticed the cloud it started coming towards me and once it got to me it stopped and was surrounding me and I found it hard to breath, and it was colder than it was before. Then it disappeared and as soon as it did I ran to my mother and I couldn't stop crying and shaking.

As I began to tell my mother and her boyfriend what I experienced they thought I was going insane and they even made an appointment with my doctor to get my head checked. At the time I was only 15 years old and I thought I was going insane, because I had never experienced anything like that before and I kept seeing it almost every day either during the day or at night and it would only be in my room and my mother couldn't see it and neither could her boyfriend.

Logically I thought I blamed it on myself and my metal state. Then I finally told my father about my experience and he believed me, and when he did he gave me the little hope that I needed to know I couldn't be insane and that what I saw really happened. My father simply told me that if I know what I saw was real then no one else's opinions should matter. After I started thinking that what I saw actually happened I convinced my mother not to get my head checked and I told her I wasn't seeing it anymore, even though I still was because I knew she didn't believe me and I know they couldn't see it anyways.

The odd thing about the events was that sometimes it wouldn't come to me. It would be as if it was watching me or observing me and each time I saw the cloud I always felt the same way as I saw it the first time. I also knew somehow that it wasn't evil, because it never harmed me and I never felt scared because I thought it was going to hurt me, I was scared because I didn't know what it was or what to even think about it. After about four months of continuously seeing it, I had never seen it again because my mother and I moved out and got a different apartment.

Now the reason I am choosing to write about my experience and share it almost a year later, is because I kept thinking about what it could have been and I want answers about what it could possibly be. So I started researching about white clouds of mist and I read about a few things and then I came upon this website and saw that some people have seen what I have seen and felt what I have felt and I wanted to know more so I made an account for this website to share my experience.

I would like if you please not disregard my experience because other teenagers have posted false stories. I believe what I experienced was very real and I would like some idea of what I saw. I am not making this up I want more than anything to have the comfort of knowing what it would have been and hearing that I am not alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Debbie5612, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pdmcg02 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
that is really scary...
I thought I saw a misty shadow in my room before then I didn't see it again and I forgot. 😕
LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
Very interesting story... And you needn't worry, YGS doesn't dismiss stories just based on age, although we will sometimes ask clarifying questions.

What I found particularly interesting about this story is an article I was reading about the possibility of extraterrestrial life... And how even if they bothered to visit us (which they must likely wouldn't, being as we would be so inconsequential to their superior race) we must likely wouldn't be able to see, or even know is there. It wouldn't appear like it does in movies, with humanoid bodies. If it was visible it would must likely not be immediately recognizable as an extraterrestrial.

If course the first thing that comes to mind is some kind of entity or "ghost" - and I'm not one to usually think about aliens of any kind. There's just something about this story that reminded me of that article. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad your encounters have since stopped.
1spooky (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
Your not alone in this. I have seen a similar incident in different locations. The mist I have seen has been dense and white, also seems to be aware of me and anyone else that notices it. I also get the impression that it was never alive, as we no it anyway. And never means harm, in fact it just seams curious about me or others like us that see it. It's also one of the only paranormal things that don't send me into fight or flight. Not to say it doesn't frighten me, but that's more just questioning your own sanity. If you were crazy you would see it all the time not in an isolated place.
Gardener38 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
I experienced something similar to this. I was in the living room one night watching tv and this silk mist form was floating I watched it float across the living room after it passed the tv it started floating higher then went into the wall. Only time I saw it. Few years later I got my yorkie there had been times where he would bark or stare up in that area of the wall, to me that was validation.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
Hi Debbie5612. I'm glad your Dad believed you. Sometimes we rack our brains trying to figuring out these experiences that we have and we are left with no answers, which is frustrating. It could have been tied to just that one room like elfstone810 said or maybe that is just the only place in the house that you noticed it. Maybe it was a spirit passing through and it got attention from you so it stuck around. Who knows but I am glad for you that it wasn't anything harmful. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Shelby 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
You know i'm gladd you added that last paragraugh, because I wase just thinking "oh not another one"so you caught me judging before thinking! Sometimes you can just ask" who are you". You'll hear an answer pop into mind, sort of. I've seen mist like this envelope a friend. So be calm, breath, and maybe keep a journal. Very cool.
OliviaTheAnimalLover (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
hey Debbie, I actually experienced what you have and I was exactly like you when I saw this white mist! So I know how you felt. 😐 I think the white mist you have been seeing must have been a relative or a ancestor visiting you and watching over u! That mist must have been watching over you! 😊 your lucky to have not a creepy experience cause I have like tons of creepy experiences! But that mist was maybe watching over u!:)
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
I've never seen a white mist like you have, but I have seen other thing's. I know what it feels like to have people not believe you, as well. I did see a therapist after a few events, and he couldn't find anything wrong with me, but he didn't believe that I saw what I saw. However, I know I saw what I saw. Just because some people choose not to believe, that doesn't mean that our experiences aren't real.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
Hi, Debbie. Welcome to ygs and thank you for sharing your story. I don't think you have to worry about not being believed here. For one thing, the made up stories tend to be a lot more elaborate. Also, as you said, others here have experienced things similar to what you did. You're not alone.

I can't really say what you saw but I'm going to offer a couple of educated guesses. First, remember that everything we experience -- see, hear, smell, feel, or taste -- is the result of our brain processing data that has been gathered by our sensory organs and transmitted via our neural networks. I believe the "sixth sense" is a real sense, but one that's less recognized because it doesn't have an obvious sense organ, like a nose.

Like any sense, the sixth sense can be more or less acute from person to person. I think you might just have a very sensitive sixth sense, which would be no stranger than having really good hearing. You could have been perceiving this thing you sensed as a mist because your brain had no frame of reference for the information it was receiving.

You say your dad believed you. Has he had experiences of his own? Perhaps you inherited this sense from him.

Whatever it was, it seems to have been harmless and to have been tied to that one room.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: