You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Cry In Okinawa

Real Ghost Stories

The Cry In Okinawa

 

Back in July of year 2010, I had a trip to Okinawa, located on south of Japan with Tokyo's diocese's teenage Catholics and few Fathers too (and yes, I'm Catholic, but don't judge me by the religion...).

To be remembered: Okinawa is one of the places in Japan which had suffered the consequences of World War II, being attacked by U.S. Military. Because of that many people has died, including Japanese civilians, Japanese Military and U.S. Military.

Since I already studied about Okinawa's story, I had a strange feeling that something "spiritual" will happen there before I visited Okinawa (I've already had a another experience, but I'll submit later), and Okinawa is one of places that have a U.S. Military's base.

I believe that was on the second day of the trip. We're guided by a local person to a underground-made cave called GAMA, which was used to be a local people's place of refuge in case of aerial bombing run. And because of the low hygiene, many people has died there, such as children, women, elders and even sick or injured people (that's not all: Even the Japanese Military said to civilians "When the U.S. Soldiers comes to you, suicide before they kill you all. Die for glory, die for Japan!").

The cave itself was slippy because of the rain and too dark... Or should I say: pure darkness, pure black. Because of that, we have to move with handlights. While we're advancing, we had a moment to turn off the lights to see how dark it was. The cave was also chilly rather than to be cold.

Few seconds later, I heard a woman's crying voice in the cave, but I've noticed that wasn't the voices of the girls with us (note: only two girls with us). And then I started to think myself "This is not a living person's voice..."

Later, we went out of the cave. And in order to confirm, I asked to the girls if one of them cried, but the answer was: "None of us cried there..." (And I asked to the boys too, but same answer...)

I wonder what the crying woman's spirit wanted to tell me or to us...

Other hauntings by B-Jrunner2013

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, B-Jrunner2013, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

B-Jrunner2013 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
To everyone who leaved comments:

Thank you, all of you for the comments.
Like it or not, it's regardless to say that the Okinawa is a beautiful place with a tragic history of war and death.

Like some people said: the place has gone a residual haunt. When I was in Okinawa, I can't help but worry about it's past and, somehow, strange feelings.

I mean, I consider myself calm, and even my parents (father and mother) says the same thing (they always tell to me to be more faster...), but, back in there, it's only worries in my head...

And to be remembered: I'm the only one there who heard the crying voice. And I asked to everyone there if they made or heard a cry (and when I say everyone, it's EVERYONE), but the answer of everyone was: NO...

But before somebody wants to go such a place, be advised:

Remember: tons of people has died whatever the place is, and it's spirits is still around. That means that can be a ghost over there, searching for a person who understand their pains, and even can be a ghost that have nothing but HATRED, RAGE AND REVENGE too. Just don't try to do any "funny" things. If you do something careless, it's going to be really dangerous for your life and to the living people around you. I swear it.

It hurts for everyone, even for living people and even for "dead" people too...

Sorry for the arkward warning, but I have to do that...
Benny_Lundon (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-25)
Wonderful story B-Jrunner, thanks for posting.
I'm thinking this may have been a residual haunt also, considering all the pain and suffering on that island during those dark days I'm thinking some of that anguish was caught in its surroundings.I'm guessing there would be many other places on the island with similar occurrences and ghosts also. Must have been a great experience though?

Regards; Benny.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-24)
B-Jrunner, due to all the pain and suffering in Okinawa, it may be a residual haunt. Those walls and stones must have absorbed an enormous amount of negative energy over those dramatic years.

Thank you for sharing.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-08-24)
Okinawa is an island off of Japan and there are several US military bases there. Most Okinawa people don't even really consider themselves Japanese. The reason the US attacked the island was because of a thing called Pearl Harbor. As for your religion, if you believe in it, then don't worry if anyone knocks it. I'm Catholic and couldn't care less what people think.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-23)
It is so sad to think that she hasn't found peace after so many years.

Thanks for sharing.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-22)
That was a moving story. You got a moment in someones life. That is so humbling. I'm looking forward to you're next post also.
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-22)
I really enjoyed your story B-Jrunner2013, I love learning about history. Maybe she was crying as she wanted to remind you all what had really happened down there. Had anyone else heard anything while they were down there? Something that their mind had just put it down to the other people making noises?
Nonetheless I enjoyed your way of writing and look forward to reading more:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: