You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Cry Of A Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Cry Of A Woman

 

I only hear creepy stories and ghost tales. I never experienced anything until the mid-year of October 2008.

I had been working as an intensive care unit nurse in one of the private hospital here in Bacolod City. The healthcare institution was already known for its scary stories about unknown entity and dead people showing in the hallway.

It was on a night shift during that time, when I was pulled out from the station (floating nurse) and transferred to station 2, which was just a few steps from the ICU. I asked my friend who was the only nurse on duty in that station if there were any special endorsement, and there was none.

I was busy scanning the chart of one patient and looking for the due medications to be given on the entire shift. Suddenly, my friend Kat (not her real name), pulled my left arm, and I asked her if what it was (the way she pulled my arm, it seemed to be that she wants me to hear something). She asked me if I hear anything, I said no and then she told me to listen, and as I was listening, I heard a crying voice of a woman; it was coming from the corridor. The voice seemed to be floating in the air and there were times that it was under our station and then from far distance. It lasted more than a minute. By the way the time was nearly 11:00 in the evening. We tried to look around the hallway and there were no people, no signs of cats around the hospital. I could not have imagined that I would have a scary experience in a hospital. Until now I can still remember this event from the hospital.

The scariest part was that, the voice was floating in the air. What happened to us after hearing it was that I told my friend I would leave the station after endorsement and go back to ICU. I left Kat in the nurses' station and she was not scared after what happened to us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spicynoodles, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
So, true, Amihet. And I don't blame you for not wanting her in your business. I've noticed this is very true of people in general, once they learn to accept themselves things over-all just seem to get easier.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
Hi Val- actually when my husband went to the neighbour she got a little suspicious as to why he was asking so many questions. His excuse to her was that there is still mail coming in for the original couple. He was very casual about and light. I really don't want her to know what's going on in our home because she can come a little unhinged at times. We will go to the city hall to look at the plans of the house and usually there is always the company's name that build it and we know that original owner built it with his company. I was just baking a hazelnut cake about 1 and a half ago and as I stood in the kitchen talking to my husband I found my cake mixer unplugged. Now minutes before, I plugged it in while my husband was there. We just stood scratching our heads but we did proceeded to tell her to move on to light or heaven. But seconds before this happened our bischon was at my feet begging for a treat and all of the sudden he let out a big yelp and he ran out of the kitchen. We didn't see the cord coming out of the wall because we were to busy talking. Val I have finally accepted the fact that I am very sensitive not only to emotions of spirits but also to the emotions or emotional state of the living. I seem to absorbed it. Since becoming aware of this (which I always suspected) I recognized it for what it is and it no longer affects me as much. What a crazy world we live in.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
Amihet, I know you say you never talk to the one neighbor who seems to have known the Mrs. Best, but your husband does. Maybe he could just casually ask her about the Mrs. Appearance. I know a lot of 2nd wives who don't like living where the first was. At a minimum they always want to redecorate and change things as much as possible. Nothing to do with ghosties - more like a fear of comparison thing I think.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
This happened like twice maybe more never happened again my dads apparment is not haunted I been living there since 2006 l. I used to live in a house where my grandpa died in September 2000 from multiple cancers.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
Dark- if the radio turns on by itself, it is definitely paranormal and you just reminded me of a similar incident that happened to me yesterday morning. My husband and I were sleeping when my clock radio-alarm went off by itself at 7:45 a.m. There is no way that it could do that without someone setting it up. The button for the alarm is on the top of the radio and it is concave, it has to be turned at a 45 degree angle. It is not a push button, my husband has his own alarm on his night table because we usually have different schedules so go figure. We were a little ticked off because in the summer we like to sleep in a little.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
Hi Val- Thanks for the advise and I do agree, I will feel him out first. We are planning to approach him with some questions about the foundation of the house because he was the engineer that built it in 1956. My next door neighbour told my husband that after the engineer's wife died, he remarried fairly quickly and they were living in this home. But for some reason the new wife didn't want to live her so they sold it to the family that we bought the house from. Now we were told that the engineer and the MRS. Were a nice friendly couple. We feel very safe and cozy in our home but I am the only one that feels her pain even though we have all heard and seen crazy things in our home. The MRS is not a threat at all but she needs to move on from this realm.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
Sometimes I see things but I don't call paranormal just yet. In 2009 I think I had the radio turn up by itself when we were sleeping. My dad said it was bad wiring or something I did not think so it happened a few times.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
Well, that would be a hard call, Dark. But if he can't figure out a possible explanation for it, then it could be a paranormal event.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
Amihet, just a word of precaution here, if you ask her husband about how she looked, might not want to mention you think she might be haunting the house. A) he might think you're nuts, B) some folks just don't handle that sort of thing well. They associate hauntings with unhappiness or evil. And you don't want him wondering about that. Feel him out first. 😉 A ghost tip-toing - that is funny.
For me, I'd have to say mental facilities are the scariest. Especially those that operated during the 60's and before. I have a hard time even in a psychiatric wing that is active. Too much rushes in on me... I might write up an experience I had in one once. But I don't like thinking about it.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
Many years ago my dad said something push him and his friend he says its unexplainable I believe. But he still says he doesn't know if there are ghost or not.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
Dark- actually I find that hunted prisons are the scariest.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
I think I saw a ghost at the heceta head once but cannot really remember. Haunted hospital probably would scare me the most because you don't know what evil is lurking inside.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
Hi Val and everyone, I just have to share with my friends at YGS what I saw last night around 11:00 ish. I was in bed on my side in the dark, yes the dark, but now I need a night light again, I saw a short solid figure tip toeing (of all things) in my bedroom. I thought it was my husband so I called him and no answer, I took a second look and she was kind of bending over a bit as she walked into my brass garbage can in my room and it made a noise. I turned to the opposite side to turn on the light and she was gone. The sad part is that I have felt her pain and distress. This friday we are going to the city hall to get inf. On the couple that build the home. Her husband has remarried and lives in town and I am so curious to know what she looks like because from what I have seen she is kind of short and somewhat stocky. I am thinking of talking to her husband, because I need to know if it is her
Or not. This poor spirit is in torment and sometimes I feel it too. I know one thing she loves the kitchen and she loves my cake mixer. We don't hear her and when we do, I get the impression that she is being discreet like last night. Can you imagine a spirit tip-toeing. Thank God that I still have my sense of humour because I actually find it comical. I will keep you post it.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
The world over reports hauntings in hospitals and other care units. This is probably because of the high percentage of deaths in those places. Some are probably residual, some intelligent. Both of my older sisters were nurses working ERS and the veteran's hospital. They both saw many different things. Some could be explained, some couldn't. The voice/sound you heard, you may not have noticed if your attention had not been called to it. Then again, there are the acoustics to consider. It amazes me that they seldom mention this on any ghost hunter show. But depending on the time of day (less noise at night generally) the pitch of ceilings and walls, the amount of glass, etc. (a lot of variables) sounds can be warped and travel a great distance. I worked in one building, where a co-worker could stand at the opposite end of a particular hall and whisper, and it would sound like it was at my elbow. (Creepy and awesome at the same time.) I can see where it could really spook a person. As SDS said, hard to classify without further information.
spicynoodles (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
[at] sds

I used to hear stories about one of the room in that nurses station that there was one patient who saw a floating lady from the windows. At first the patient was having apprehensions about on how can a woman walk outside the window in a second floor building. After that event, the patient was discharged against medical advice.

Another story from that same ward where the doctor's quarter was located was that, the doctor's mirror would always show a woman combing her hair. But only few people have seen it.

Another incidence was that another patient saw a nurse came into the room (of the patient) and then just out into the window and the patient screamed and looked at the body but there was no one on the ground.

The ward were only composed of 5 rooms, I believed the area is approximately 100 square meters with 2 bed rooms in the side of the nurses station (which were empty at that time), and going to the other 3 rooms, you will need to passed by these large old windows (like a bay window or slide windows).

Beside that three bedrooms was the PGI's (doctors) station or quarter which was known to be haunted. There were only two patients at that time, both of the patients were occupying the area where the three private rooms were.

In an ICU were I was working before, there was one new grad nurse that has an open third eye that would always tell the staff nurses that he can see a boy under the patients bed and sometimes a woman together with a boy. The scariest thing about this is that, before some of our patients crosses over, they would always tell us a lady standing in front of them and sometimes a boy and a woman staring on them. 😕
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
Hi spicynoodles, I just want to know if you have asked or enquired any other person/nurse/staff in this regard. It could give us some clue. Perhaps it might be a residual haunting lasting for a minute at 11 p.m. Every night or alternate nights or something like that. But without any further information, it is difficult to classify.

If you have asked some of your colleagues, who have worked in that station, please post us, we would be able to give further opinion.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
spicynoodles (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
there were only two nurse in the entire station (me and the other staff), which have 5 rooms and an area of 100 square meter.

The hospital were known of ghost apparitions. But I never believed in those things somehow, until we experienced that crying voice. I also believed that I do not have the capacity to have clairsentience. 😭 😕
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-14)
There was only one person in the entire hospital? 😕
Guess you had to be there to understand.
spicynoodles (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
[at] Parrotpig104, what I mean by floating voice is that it is moving gently towards us. 😆
spicynoodles (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
[at] Vikstal, there was only one patient and it was far from our station. The cry was not coming from any room but it seemed to that, she was crying just right beside us. It freaked me out and the next day, we even informed out supervisors about it, but they already knew that the 2nd floor of the hospital is really haunted.

At first, I was enjoying listening to those scary tales, but that time I experienced it.
spicynoodles (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
The hospitals that I used to worked have many scary stories that not only seen by nurses but witnessed by the patient itself.

As far as I know there was one picture that was taken in another station that was shown on our local tv channel. In the picture there was a man standing behind the nurses and until now they kept that picture and I have seen itself.

When I was assigned in that station, I really hate night shifts.
ParrotPig104 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
Slightly confused at the floating voice - I didn't know voices could walk. 😕
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
Maybe someone cried in another unit in hospital. My stepmother also works in ICU and she has never encountered anything paranormal and they've had people die there.
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
Not a surprise. Many hospitals here in the Philippines have quite a number of haunts.
Your story proves it more.
Thank you for sharing.:)
Hades666 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
It's not out of the ordinary when you have paranormal experiences in hospitals. My mother used to see bodies of dead people floating from the waist down in the corridors, when she used to work in a retirement village.
But thanks for sharing your story though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: