You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Woman's Cry

Real Ghost Stories

Woman's Cry

 

I don't know from where to start and how to explain the truth of my story. It begins with the villager's telling stories of a woman who shares her tears in the darkness. No one is really sure who she is because everyone has different stories to tell but to tell you the truth, I did not find any meaning to their words.

I am from India; I live in Darjeeling a small town known as queen of hills. My village name is Navin Gram, Gandhi Road. A small and beautiful village filled with lovely people but as the night falls silence crawls here. Though I am not good at English but I want to share my experience with you all and here I write my experience in midnight. I will tell you the reason why later.

My cousin sister always told us about her experience, one day a well-known singer had died and after many days had gone by she heard a lady singing a song in midnight. She told us that the song was so frightening that she begged for mercy of god. She never told us how she sang and I know she never will.

My cousin brother told me about a person laughing in madness, he did not express much of his experience but he knows he never wants to experience again. Now let's move to my part of the story, it is short but it is true.

My village is filled with small households, and beside our village there is huge forest, I feel it is one of the most beautiful places to stay in Darjeeling. I am an artist, I love drawing pictures. One day I was drawing a picture of my girlfriend because I was deeply in love with her and I wanted to make a best picture as I can. So as I was working on it I did not know how quickly time passed. As I was drawing suddenly I heard a women cry so loud, so painfully outside my house that it made me shiver. Firstly, I thought it was human but again as I could hear it, I felt, "No it is not". I could not run nor sit, and unfortunately I remembered I had left my window open. I tried to close my window but I could not, I felt that she would enter from my window, I was worried. The voice was so intense and terrifying that it could have woken a dead man. I just can't explain how worst it was to listen. Whether the sound came from north or south, east or west I could not tell because it came from everywhere at once again, it was not a voice of a human, trust me. The more I tried to be angry the stronger the voice came to my ears. I use to hear dog's barking every night but that night everything was silent. As soon as my mother shouted everything got silent again, my mother scolded me for waking up late. I guess I was lucky. I looked at my watch it was 12pm, I gained my courage and looked outside, I did not find any one, and I think this lasted for 1 minute but it felt like an hour.

In the Morning I told my friend's and no one believed me but trust me it was true. People who don't believe in these paranormal activities I wish they were me facing that moment. As I had said earlier why I am writing this story at midnight, it is because I am not finding any work as every night I wake up until midnight with my voice recorder and camera on so I could capture it. And I think one day I will be able to share with the world my experience. I hope.

I guess writing my experience it is already 2pm. I should go to sleep now. Goodnight!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sudarsan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
one opinion is something if felt strange, its best not to investigate for two points

1. If the hour is close by 3am... Preferably not to be tampered with.
2. If you are not 100% sure the situation is safe, better not investigate it alone... Wait for some back up and then proceed as you think wise.

And what sheetal has wrote, that is recommended as a part of your investigation into the matter

Btw welcome sudarshan, khub bhalo likhecho golpo ta
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
I may have gone too far out on a limb lol. I thought a cougar, being a big cat, couldn't sound too different from other big cats. After a little reading, cougar vocal cords are more similar to domestic cats than to other big cats. I have heard cougars, but I've never heard a tiger. So, I apologize for speaking about stuff I know nothing about. 😢
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Ok, I could be going way out on a limb here, but meh. You say you live next to a large forest, and I know there are tigers in India. Big cats sound like the most horrible woman's scream, we have a few cougars in my neck of the woods, and they sound blood curdling. I'm wondering if the scream you heard could have been a tiger, and the dogs were silent because they didn't want to draw the cat's attention.
Anyhoo, that's what came to mind while reading this.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Welcome Sudarsan,
I too wonder why your mother shouted when she did. Or am I misreading, and what is meant is she called to you asking why you were still up? (I have done that with my own children.)
It sounds to me as if perhaps you are becoming too focused on this one event. Try and put it out of your mind. Quite often paranormal events are a one time deal. Perhaps you can set the camera to record while you sleep? Or just leave the recorder running, and go to bed. Improper rest can lead to illness, and no one wants that.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Your English is lovely. The area you live in sounds quite beautiful.

I would suggest that you put it out of your mind and not focus on it, because that will cause you to become nervous and negative.

If you are feeling bothered or your friends keep getting bothered, I would do a blessing of some sort.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Hi Sudarshan... Welcome to YGS... Darjeeling is beautiful place and I want to see this place once in my lifetime. Coming to your story... You've mentioned the two other experience of your cousins... I think the solution is somewhere hidden in those stories. I would recommend you to talk with the elderly people of your village they must be aware with this happenings. Meanwhile I want to ask Why your mother shouted suddenly did she also experienced the same? Try to talk with your mother. Did you again experienced that voice?

Do not pay much attention at this incident and try to vanish it from your mind.

God Bless You 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: