You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Radio And Cry

Real Ghost Stories

Radio And Cry

 

I hope everyone is healthy and blessed. This is my third post and is my newest experience and I do hope this is going to be the last. I never really like meeting "them"...they were unpredictable...let's go straight to the story:

It was still around 2018 new year holiday and my parents are decided to visit my grandma. Me and my sister stayed in Jakarta because we're still busy with our schedule. We are in the middle of rainy season and thunderstorms happen occasionally.

On that day, rain has been pouring almost all day and by the evening it was elevated into a thunderstorm. My sister had just finished cooking for dinner when suddenly the light went off, when we checked, it appears that the whole neighbourhood was in total blackout. Shortly we got a notification about power failure caused by the thunderstorm. Usually it takes about 1 or 2 days until we got the electricity back to normal.

Because of the heavy rain outside, we can't go to the mall so it was very boring. I was chatting with my friends until apparently I fell asleep then suddenly I woke up in the middle of the night. I woke up because I heard a strange noise...fyi, because the lights still off, I didn't close my bedroom door, we're in tropical country so even it's raining, the air still stiflingly hot. I opened my eyes and focusing my ear. It was a buzzing noise of a radio. You know the typical sound radio made when you scanning through channels?

We don't have any radio at home.

I sat up on my bed and grab my phone. I remember clearly it was 3.32 AM. The radio suddenly getting louder and I can hear a bit of Bebe Rexha's song "Back to You" played before it buzzed louder and went off. Soon after the radio off, I heard a breathing sound, it sounds like someone is sniffling. At first I thought it was my sister who was trying to listen to the radio from her phone whilst crying... But wait... Why is she crying? I called my sister twice, no answer. I went to her room and I found her sleeping... Her phone was on airplane mode and when I checked on her, my sister didn't snore or make any sound. I woke her up and asked if she just recently listen to the radio which she annoyedly replied no and proceed to sleep again. The sniffling sound didn't stop when finally I realise that it was came from our living room!

I was very curious but I didn't want to see anything too. All I can do was sit up on my sister bed, listening to the sound, hoping it would go away. It was pitch black with only a dim light from my phone screen. I decided to lay down beside my sister and closed my eyes because I was afraid if something might suddenly pop up in front of me. I didn't sleep and keep listening until eventually it became quiet. After I made sure the sound was gone, I opened my eyes and woke my sister up once again (sorry sis:P) to accompany me, I can't go back to sleep that night. It was still around 4AM. She was annoyed but she knew I was terrified. We went to the living room together and checked everything. My sister worried if actually someone has barged into our house and stole something but fortunately everything was safe. All doors and windows are locked. No one beside us that night.

I just wondered who was listening to the radio and crying in our living room that night? We don't have any radio, where was it came from?

Other hauntings by Mango2Mango

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mango2Mango, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-05-16)
Radio sounds can be transmitted through many means, from the surface of a still lake to the metal in the fillings of your teeth. I have picked up anomalous radio signals in a totally quiet house when I could not locate the source though I never suspected anything paranormal. I think the radio signal, though odd, could likely be explained by regular means. The crying might be different. You said the electricity was off so maybe you heard someone's crying outside your apartment that was somehow being transmitted through some audial phenomena in your home - sort of like finding the "sweet spot" in an auditorium or music hall where someone whispering on stage 100 yards away can be clearly heard. This is just my 2 cent's worth.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-16)
Hi Mango,

The radio you heard may have been received by a downpipe or something. As weird as that sounds. When the Berlin Wall was still up people on one side could listen to music/radio which was banned by putting their ears up to pipes, fridges, stoves. I'm oversimplifying it but the good people of the east side figured ways of tuning in with foil and pipes and whatever else. Pretty ingenious. So maybe your home became the ideal receiver during that storm. I agree with WisconsinLady's water theory. Sound can pierce through steel at an alarming rate too. Lots of elements at play here to suggest your scary evening may not have been threatening at all. The crying sound could have been static.

You haven't said anything has happened before or since this evening. So I think it's safe to say if it happens again, give a high five to physics. You can use paper cups or toilet rolls to amplify the sound. If it happens again take a paper/plastic cup or cardboard tube and drag it around your walls, or downpipes you could maybe pinpoint the source.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-16)
Hello Mango2Mango,

Yeah, very strange indeed. Are your neighborhood houses close to each other? Do you think probably the sound had echoed from somewhere? Since, during lightning and Thunderstorms the electronic devices have a credibly high frequency capturing potential. But it's true that doesn't explain the weeping noise.

The entity seemed to have a good taste of music. Don't know why it weeped though. Was it that impressed with Bebe Rexha? Sorry, for a lame joke.

Anyways, I will suggest you to wait for the response of fellow posters who I know can provide better insight than me.

Peace
WisconsinLady (1 stories) (52 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-05-15)
Hi Mango2Mango,
I enjoy your writing style. Thank you for sharing another experience with us.

Could this have been the sounds of a neighbor? Were windows open in your living room? Sound can travel very well through certain building materials. It can also bounce off of water and travel longer distances than you'd think. I work with sound waves and other types of waves as a geophysicist. It's fascinating.

I find it interesting that power outages were a part of your paranormal experiences at your other home. Do you think there's a connection at this house? Even though it was caused by a storm this time, perhaps the power outage gave this entity the right environment to manifest? That seems opposite than what I would normally expect, since spirits seem to need energy more often to manifest than the opposite.
Also, perhaps the storm provided the right environment for the entity/spirit. That's lots of natural energy. Is there an uptick in paranormal experiences for you during storms? ❤
Although it is scary, it doesn't seem harmful. If you hear crying or other distressed sounds again, perhaps try praying for the spirit. Maybe they just need help moving on. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: