You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: We Started To Laugh, But We Wanted To Cry

Real Ghost Stories

We Started To Laugh, But We Wanted To Cry

 

On the Friday of May the 18th, one of my best friends had her sweet sixteen at her house, inviting several friends, including me. We did typical teenager stuff: we played games like Red Rover and hide-and-go-seek (in the dark, with one of my friends' fog machine), etc.

At around ten o'clock, a few friends went home, which left Paige, me, Kiersten (Paige's 12-year-old little sister) and two other girls (our friends Erica and Bethany). We all gathered in the basement to discuss what to do for the rest of the night and I mentioned that I'd brought my Ouija Board along, since Paige had asked me to. She didn't actually believe it would work, but Bethany and I did. Erica must have believed it, or maybe she didn't want to take the chance, because she got mad and dragged Kiersten upstairs while we brought out the board. Kiersten threatened to tell on Paige, but Paige decided we should do it anyway.

There are two couches in Paige's basement--one against one wall and one just a few feet from the air hockey table, a vanity, and a desk with a desktop computer. In front of the couch, that's in front of the air hockey table, was a coffee table. That's where we set up.

I set down the board to face the couch and lit three candles: one white, one green and one pink. They were all burning brightly (keep this in mind). I set the planchette in the middle of the board and sat on the couch next to Paige. Bethany sat on the floor, on the other side of the coffee table, about a yard in front of the T.V.

Paige and I touched two fingers to the planchette (after turning off the lights, of course) and I asked if anyone was there. Along the time we were waiting for a response, we made jokes to each other (not about anything spiritual, not anything offensive, just about how Paige and I were shaking so much that WE were moving the planchette every few seconds about a millimeter). I did this twice and got no response, so we said goodbye and started to converse. I admitted that I felt a presence behind the couch and Bethany silently nodded her agreement. Paige just kind of smiled--she felt nothing, I'm sure. We switched off the lights and started again.

I, again, asked the questions. "Is anyone there that would like to communicate with us?" After getting no response, twice, we turned on the lights and Paige said, "I keep looking in the T.V screen, expecting to see someone." to which I agreed with her. My heart was beating fast and I was about to say something when Bethany's eyes widened and she asked if we felt a chill. As soon as she asked, my arms became cold and then a cold chill swept over my legs. Bethany suddenly then points out that the candles are dancing around wildly.

Creeped, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it again, but then Bethany said that she wanted to try, so we switched places. I became the writer and she became the question person. We switched off the lights, and after telling her a few important things, she asked if anyone was there. She did this twice and I couldn't help staring behind them, near the air hockey table, close the corner of the room, next to the vanity. After saying goodbye, I noticed the white candle was almost burnt out; the flame was even small and blue. We blew out the tiny blue flame and swapped the candle with a smaller, white candle that Paige had.

Paige admitted she wanted to try and I stayed the writer. Paige asks if anyone is there that would like to communicate. After several seconds, I suddenly chuckle. I try to hold it back, since there's nothing funny going on, but then I start to giggle. Paige is staring at me as she asks, again, if anyone is there. Suddenly, I start to laugh uncontrollably and it was scaring me because it didn't sound like me at all--it was dark and psychotic, like I'd completely lost my mind. Paige, looking a bit creeped, said goodbye and switched on the lights, then hurried upstairs to check on Erica and Kiersten. Bethany stayed downstairs and watched me as I cleaned up.

My laughter didn't stop completely, I still giggled here and there as I was picking things up (I alternated from the feeling of wanting to laugh and the feeling of wanting to burst into tears). I was shaking pretty hard and I couldn't move my left hand, four of my fingers seemed to stuck together and my thumb curled in slightly toward my palm. After several seconds, I was able to move it, but my arms were asleep.

After we go upstairs, grab Erica and Kiersten, we headed back downstairs to watch the scary movies I rented. Unfortunately, Paige's DVD player chose that moment to quit working. So we tried watching T.V for a while, but got bored and played games instead.

I could not go anywhere alone for the rest of the night and I felt a pull toward Bethany, probably because we started to experience the same things.

We both felt drained and we wanted to sleep, but it was like something was keeping our minds awake. We'd feel a pull towards the back of the couch, near the air hockey table, and we'd laugh hysterically at nothing. We moved from the couch against the wall, to behind the couch, to the floor near the T.V, back to behind the couch. That's where we slept.

We'd always be laughing at nothing or we'd overreact and laugh too much at a simple joke, or even at something that we wouldn't have normally thought to be funny. At one point, I was shaking so hard that my teeth were chattering, but I wasn't cold. The thing is, I was SWEATING and so was Bethany, which was weird, because the other girls were complaining that it was too cold. Bethany and I were thoroughly creeped out, but after a few seconds of staring at each other in horror, we would break into outrageous laughter.

We didn't want to freak the other girls out, so we didn't say anything about it, we just texted each other about it. At one point, I did go upstairs alone to get more water. I felt someone following me and when I got back downstairs, Bethany texted me to say that when I left, she still felt someone with her. I remember, at some time in the night, she asked me if I felt like, when I was laughing, if someone was laughing with me. I did.

Eventually, we all fell asleep around three a.m., Bethany admitting to me that she could stay awake no longer, that a weight was pressing her to floor and she had to sleep. My eyes would not stay closed for long, but with the help of my MP3 player, I was finally able to fall into a deep sleep.

To this day, I still feel like someone is always watching me and like they are following me, at a distance, but they're definitely following ME. The Ouija Board is sitting in a case, in a compartment in my book shelf, hidden away. It doesn't happen often, but I'll randomly chuckle or giggle at absolutely nothing, or I'll suddenly want to cry like I've lost someone or something precious to me. Even right now, I am even in a different state to visit my mother for my birthday, I feel a presence staring over my shoulder and I feel the pull to cry.

I am still very creeped out and unsure about my feelings for Ouija Boards. I have no clue if I will ever use one again.

Thank you for reading my experience and feel free to leave any comments. If you'd like to try and point out something helpful (please don't say that Ouija Boards are the toys of the Satan or anything like that, I obviously knew what I was getting into) then I would highly appreciate your advice.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MimiMadrox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheOneWhoCries (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-29)
Intresting...
I like your story... I've always been intrested in the paranormal but nothing happens to me... Except I constantly feel like I'm being watched and imagine tings that aren't there but that happens to everyone... Right?
MimiMadrox (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Not much has happened. I barely feel him around anymore. The T.V in my living room turned itself on this morning and I often find that the channel in my room has been changed sometimes. Although, whatever is doing it doesn't feel like him, but a different entity. A female one, maybe.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
I'm sorry about the headaches. I've experienced it as well. Keep fighting, hang on to what you know. The love you have.
A journal may be an excellent idea. But be careful of your wording, don't use the phrase "inside...". Don't even think it. Fight. Be positive. Be strong. Take hold of your life and shake this entity loose. Sounds good, but may be difficult; depending on how rooted this creature is, and how well you can either discipline your mind, or repel it with your thoughts or actions.
Some spirits seem more human in their rationality, you can just sense it, though I'm afraid frequently they fake it very well, have a great deal of experience.
This spirit, does not seem to even bother with that deception; which is why, as I said, it kind of scares me.
Remember love, and do not allow your flesh to act in any way it normally would not. If you happen to "think" an absurdity; the harsher it is, the gentler you become, even moreso. Allow this spirit no access, no leniency. If you can do nothing to stop its presence; then do nothing at all; until its own boredom or irritation causes it to move on.
Good luck to you in Missouri.
Sonri
Basically, my advice, I guess, is to be BORING, and abnormally kind. It works.
unknownblood (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
i read up a lot on the ouija board and there is a demonic spirit witch is known as ze ze and he would instantly possess you and like what you said started bursting out laughing some people would say not to throw it out but some would say throw it out I would say to burn it but I don't know
MimiMadrox (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
I will definitely talk to Bethany about starting a journal--each of us--and comparing our experiences. I feel it may be the same entity. Right now, I feel it. I feel that this entity is male and he is playful (though in a dark way). To answer an earlier question, yes, Bethany and I have both experienced these weird, really bad headaches. I don't know about her, but I have also seen figures and movements in the shadows around me and not just at night.
I will do my best to keep everyone updated.
~M
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
MimiMadrox,

Please keep us updated and ask any questions you may have. It may be just one 'spirit/entity' between the both of you.

Begin a Journal, have your friend start one as well, by making a record of every experience you both have you can compare them and see if they are happening on the same days, at the same times and this will help narrow down just what may be happening to both of you. It also will allow you to review what happened and see if you can debunk the experience.

Respectfully,

Rook
MimiMadrox (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
I talked to Bethany a few weeks ago. She said she is now more easily irritated and feels what I have felt. Either this entity is switching between us or there are two--one with her and one with me. No, we didn't prayer. I had thought of it before, but forgot while we were actually using the board. The entity sometimes scares me, when I think about it or feel it around me. Whether the entity feels human to me is an interesting question. I don't really understand it.
Thank you. ~M
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
It seems like this experience made you the main character, but i'm curious if your friend Bethany has been acting strange days after this. I enjoyed the story.

Thank you for sharing
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
They effect me emotionally as well.
Sounds like this entity took quite a hold on you.
Are there any other symptoms? Do you experience for example a tightness in your head- funny headaches, random intense thoughts, or visions, unusual dreams, a sudden impulse to do odd things you wouldn't normally even think of, a sudden bad temperament?
Do you keep wanting to hold your hand that way?
Seems like a lot of questions? And no advise or help to offer. Sorry, I have had that uncontrollable histerical laughter. Its weird like you hear it but it isn't you, utterly without reason. It went away, but did not last or return like that.
This entity kind of scares me a little. Does it feel human to you?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
MimiMadrox,

It's refreshing to read an account about using a Ouija Board that doesn't involve the words..."We wanted to 'play' with it, to see if the stories were true." Or something to that effect.

Having said that I have to ask a question... Did at any point did any of the girl's involved, yourself included, ask to be shielded from any possible influences or attachments? Or did anyone 'ask' for protection by 'prayer'? From the way you related your experience I do not see where either of these was done in your experience. These actions can go a long way to preventing an unwanted 'attachment' from happening.

Please try this Shielding/Cleansing Method... It can be adapted for personal use... It should help with the feelings you and your Friend are still experiencing.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please ask any questions you may have and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: