You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Odd Draining Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Odd Draining Experience

 

About a month ago, my friend and I played with a Ouija Board. She said she was experienced enough to know how to open, maintain a safe atmosphere, and close the board. I believe she did so.

Anyways, she was proving to me that she had a friend called "X", and asked her a bunch of "yes" or "no" questions with a makeshift Ouija board. We went into her room and she wrote out the same format for the board and used a toy car as thing. So she asked "X" some questions, and her hand was moving the piece. I looked at it really hard, still not convinced. As she was doing this, she noticed habits that "X" usual made weren't present; she told me this. I brushed it off as nothing and continued to watch.

Then she asked me if I wanted to try, and I agreed too. I put my hand on the toy car and asked if anyone was here. My hand moved and I was pretty freaked out. But I calmed down and convinced myself I was probably doing this to myself. I went along with it for a while, asking questions like "How are you?" and "Whats your name?", the "spirit" gave me answers.

Towards the end, she decided to close the session cause she was getting bad vibes about this spirit. I agreed too, and she said goodbye, wrote goodbye on the paper and drew a giant X on the paper. While that was going on I completely spaced out. More than I ever really have in my life. I got tunnel vision and felt a very strong tingly/pressure from my head to mid back. I felt kind of like going to sleep or passing out. It took my friend about 3 minutes to snap me out of it.

Afterwords, I felt faint and dizzy, and a little nauseous. Then a few days afterwards, I noticed a knob that's on my bedpost end up on the floor at the weirdest times. I don't know how it got there but it did for a few days. Then everything stopped.

My question is, what happened to me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mdivision, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mdivision (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-01)
Alright, well thanks for the feedback, I EXTREMELY appreciate it.
The odd thing is, is that the whole time I had those odd feelings, it was blissful as hell.
Really weird.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
It sounds to me like a one time thing. You might try burning a bit of sage and washing down your room with salt water for a little added confidence. Also there is nothing wrong with asking for your house to be blessed.
Mdivision (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
To reply what valkricry said, I was not in any position to get those odd feelings. I was sitting in a normal position.
Is it possible that this spirit might come back to follow, haunt, or hurt me? What are the chances?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
mdivision,If nothing has happened since that experience, then most likely it was a one time occurence. The anxiety is from you beng terrified it could happen again. Just make sure you cleanse your place with a bundle of sage, just for a little extra protection and a settlling of sorts for you,emotionally. Good luck, hope all stays well with you.
Mdivision (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
I'm sorry I didn't add this to my other comment; I thought it was irrelevant (still might be) but every time I think of what happened, I get an overwhelming feeling of anxiety.
It's probably good 'ol paranoia, right?
Mdivision (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
Thanks for the feed back guys! My friend told me she closed it properly by the way.
When the odd knob happened, it would be on the floor without my recollection of putting/dropping it there. That happened 2 or 3 times over a span of a few days.
On a brighter note, nothing paranormal or odd has happened to me since, so I'm hopeful nothing will.
Do you guys think it might come back or something? I'm pretty freaked out.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
I have to say sometimes closeing a session useing the ouija sometimes is not enough. It depends on what spirit you encounter. Sometimes these are not spirits at all. A spirit was once a person like you and me. A demon well he was never from our realm. Remember that. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
Personally, I've never heard of closing out a Ouija board in that fashion, but then again maybe someone else has?
Before we go to paranormal answers for your experience, we have to look at some mundane possibilities: the tingly sensations, nausea, tunnel vision, and 'zoning out' could be explained with poor eating/ overly hungry, sitting at an odd position for an extended period, or a combination of the two. Do either of those seem plausible in your case?
I find the bed knob ending up on the floor for several days interesting, but not of any real significance. At least not with the facts you gave us. Weird? Yes. Paranormal? Impossible to say.
There is nothing more I can add except to echo what SDS has already said.
GreyFeather (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
It sounds like the spirit she was closing out had a little hissy fit. Evidently didn't like being hung up on.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
Mdivision, please take sds'advice. The quija is never a game. Many companies make these boards and present them as "toys" when in fact they are far from it. When you went into the tunnel vision and felt tingling, I agree with sds, you were encountering a malicious spirit. Most likely trying to posess you. Have you ever had those same sensations after that? Or was it just that one time? I truly hope you have found a way to cleanse the home. Great story.
ExileMike (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
Please listen to what these people are telling you. A long time ago when I was young I went to a small party with some friends and after some time they got out a ouija board and asked me to join them. After a while it started creeping me out so I left. Another friend of mine aquired a very old board and started using it and playing around with it when he was drunk. Shortly after this a lot of bad things started happening to him and his girlfriend. He and his girlfriend tried to get rid of the board by throwing it away several times but it kept coming back. They would take it out of the house and put it in the trash bin and the next day it would be back on the shelf in the closet. He even tried to burn it and it would not stay lit, even with lighter fluid. They finally got rid of it at a yard sale when someone took it, they warned them not to use it. Maybe sometime I will tell the whole story about it on here in detail. Those boards are bad news, so please don't use it again.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-20)
Hi m division. BREATH GIRL get that oxygen in your lungs and brain before you pass out. Forget the games and leave the Ouija board in the fire where it belongs. When smart people advise you "DON'T GO THERE"they are not just saying this for fun. If you play with darkness expect it to return. Be savvy protect yourself.J
Groovieghoulie (1 stories) (13 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
Again, "playing with a Oujia Board is one of the most dangerous things one can do paranormally. Listen to sds and heed their advice... NEVER TOUCH A OUJIA BOARD AGAIN!

Unknowingly and quite innocently one can open up a portal in which every thing good, bad and evil can travel through and many of them will want to stay right with you... At home, work, school etc...

Please do check with your friend and make sure the board was closed properly. Becareful and please post again to let us know that you're ok...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
Hello Mdivision, welcome to YGS. You said that your friend is experienced or I think you said that she told you that she is experienced in Ouija. I want to ask you some questions.

1. Do you know if the session was closed properly?

2. If you do not know, please ask your friend about it.

3. If she said that it was not closed properly, please close it by properly saying goodbye and close the board.

4. Never, ever touch the Board again afterwards.

Many youngsters, especially teenagers try to fiddle with Ouija. I don't think we should use the word 'play' when using the Ouija. It is not a toy. It is a gateway for the spirits to enter our realm. I will tell you, all the bad or evil spirits would try to give you answers and try to behave as if they were good.

The drain of your energy gives a clue that you encountered a bad spirit. The knob ended up on the floor and you said it did for a few days. Means on a daily basis the knob was on the floor at the weirdest times? Please clarify.

Also, please inform us anything more has happened. Further, do you have any other feeling like being watched or anything negative had happened etc. If it had, then we may give you some more ideas including cleansing.

But once again, I am telling you, please do not use Ouija Board again.

Please keep us posted of developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
baileybailey (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
you had something that tried to hurt you, I have had this myself but mine was while I was doing evp, I had chest pain and pain down my left arm and my eyes were sore from being totally drained I had to end the session, when I listened back to the recording something hissed 'i'll kill you' further on in the recording I was asking who was trying to hurt me and the immediate reply was 'it's just a bully'. The Lords Prayer repeated usually does the trick and don't do anything alone.
vasvdutta (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
I think what happened is that something tried to enter you or your being taken to another world. Mdivision I experienced myself couple of times though I don't go on Ouija board. Followed by nausea and dizziness.

Be cautious and check whether the influence has gone completely and please avoid Ouija board if possible.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-18)
Oh, no! I hope it wasn't Zozo! -I do not want to read any more stories about him! 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: