You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow In My Bedroom And Someone Outside My Door

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow In My Bedroom And Someone Outside My Door

 

Shadow in My Bedroom:

This happened when I was really young. I'm not sure how old I was but it was before I started school. I was so young that it was probably one of my first memories because it was so vivid that I still remember it even today, years later.

One night I was asleep in my room with my doll right next to me. (I mention the doll because it's part of the story.) Then I woke up and saw my doll moving away from me. I always sleep toward the edge of my bed so, at first, I thought the doll was too close to the edge and just falling off. So I pulled the doll back to my side and it happened again. This time I pulled the doll back and lifted my head to see if someone might be there, and what I saw terrified me.

It was this short little shadow just tall enough to see over the bed. The only features it had were white eyes and horns on its head. I just screamed until my mom came running into the room but when she turned the light on it was gone.

I slept in my parents' bed for the rest of the night and later when I brought it up to my mom she would tell me that it was just a bad dream. But I know it wasn't a dream because it was too real and it wouldn't have stuck with me all these years.

I've never in my life had a dream where I felt like I was awake in the dream. And I didn't have any dogs or pets at the time.

Someone Outside My Door:

I was watching TV late at night after everyone went to bed in the apartment I used to live in above my grandparents'. All of a sudden I heard the floor creaking outside my room as if someone was standing outside the door. I put my TV on mute and I could still hear it. So I opened the door and, of course, I didn't see anyone. I even checked my parents' and brother's room. I thought maybe my brother was trying to freak me out and get a good laugh, but everyone was asleep and snoring away so I went back to watching TV in my room.

This time instead of hearing the floor creak, I hear someone put their hand on the doorknob, like someone grabbed the knob. Not jiggling it but just grabbing it. So again I opened the door and checked everywhere but everyone was sleeping. So finally, I shut off my television, locked the door to my room and just went to bed.

I don't think I've ever told anyone about this, and I love reading these stories they encouraged me to share my own stories.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I really appreciate it and hope to hear from you soon.

Erica

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, girlymadness, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

girlymadness (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-06)
Hey guys,
Thanx for sharing your opinions and just letting you know I have talked to my mom about it recently. I was brought up in a chistian family so now she just tells me to pray about it but honestly, I'd just try to forget about it and move on with my life because it's in the past and nothing strange has happened to me since. I just thought I'd share it with you guys and get your thoughts.
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
I live in Arizona and we have these creatures called duendes, they're from Mexico. They are short little things with horn (s) on its head. They love to mess with young children because they feed of there fear. In the end when they grow tired of the child's energy they try to kill them to turn them into one of their own. The only way to get rid of them is to leave a cup of wine, a cigarette, or cigar at the edge of your property. I'm not saying this is what you saw when you were a kid, but it could be.
B4Freya (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
I agree with lady-glow about asking your mother now that you're no longer a small child who needs to be protected. I grew up in a haunted house. While my mother was always open about things she experienced, my dad never admitted to having had any experiences in that house until many years later. He never ever said what exactly he experienced, but at least he admitted that he'd had experiences.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
I agree with NorthCoastie, it is hard to tell if your experiences were of paranormal nature, specially if they were a "one time only" event.
You should ask your parents and siblings if they experienced anything similar during the time you lived in that place, I understand your mother not trying to frighten you when still a kid, but perhaps now that you are a grown up woman she would admit experiencing something out of the ordinary.

Thanks for sharing.
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Weird things definitely happen to us when we sleep... Whether they are paranormal or not, its hard to tell. Sometimes when we wake up we can hallucinate... It is sort of like when we are in that half between dream state and waking state. A lot of sleep issues pop up then, such as sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming, etc. A couple years ago I woke up in the middle of the night and I swear Aunt Jemima was standing on my bed about 3 feet from my head looking at me... No joke, the 9" tall bottle of maple syrup Aunt Jemima... And I saw her walking towards me across the sheets. I freaked out, obviously, and turned the light on. Guess what... Nothing there. Was it a ghost? Probably just a hallucination from waking up out of a dream. Sometimes when we don't know what is going on, our mind fills in what it thinks it should see. I can't say as to what your experiences are, but I like to keep an open mind both ways.

Your TV incident on the other hand, is a bit difference since you were wide awake. That is pretty creepy!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: