You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: They Follow Me

Real Ghost Stories

They Follow Me

 

Ever since I was 17 years old I've been having strange paranormal experiences. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't so naive as to think it couldn't possibly be me, such as a mental issue.

I was evaluated by two separate therapists who deemed me mentally healthy. I was not using drugs, taking any medications or doing anything that could've caused hallucinations of any sort.

For the longest time I've seen weird shadows out of the corner of my eye. It happens very often, I'll see something move but when I go to look, it's gone.

This initially began when I was 16. I brushed it off, assuming I was just tired or perhaps it was my eyes. After seeing an optometrist and being told my eyes were fine, I just went with the 'tired' theory.

I honestly didn't believe in ghosts or anything paranormal. I'm the sort of person that requires proof.

When I was 17, my TV would turn on by itself, my bed would shake, I would hear talking but I could never understand what was being said. Something would knock on my walls, sometimes it would start across the room and slowly move over to where I was sitting then abruptly stop. Other times it would remain in one central location. This could be explained away by pipes, yes, except I've heard our pipes numerous times. This was not them.

I was bothered by these experiences, I began losing sleep. I would wake up every hour of the night like clockwork, I was afraid of whatever it was. At 17 I began to sleep with my TV on, it was my 'nightlight' because I was so afraid of whatever it was.

When I turned 19 I took my first chance to move out. I moved across the country but it didn't stop, although I expected it would. I would hear knocking in my apartment. I had two cats. I would often see them following something with their eyes, something I wasn't seeing.

Whenever I took pictures or videos in my apt, I could see what appeared to be orbs. I researched orbs a little just to make sure this wasn't dust or something else, but the movement was almost exactly like the orb videos I ran across.

At age 21 I moved to another state to care for my dad who had fallen ill. There have been several occasions where I would hear an extremely loud banging sound in the middle of the night. It's so loud, like a group of people jumping off the stairs or slamming their bodies into the wall.

I've tried to explain it away logically, but this wasn't always possible. When I would talk with my dad about it, he would try to help me think of a logical explanation, but we could never think of anything. There didn't appear to be a logical explanation.

While laying in bed, I'll feel what seems like somebody lightly kicking the bed. Sometimes I can feel something on my bed. I ignore it for the most part... I don't know how to handle it and, therefore, choose not to do anything.

I've also started having strange dreams. I never wake up rested, I'm constantly tired, to the point that driving has become extremely difficult as I have a hard time focusing. I've been surviving on 5-hour energy and vitamins. In these dreams, I'll encounter demons. I don't know how I know they're demons, I just 'know'.

One in particular, I was laying in my bed. It was dark and it felt like weights covered my body. I could move but it was hard, like I was being held down. In my doorway I could see a tall, dark figure. I couldn't see his face, but he was just standing there. When I woke up, I found myself in the exact same position that I was in, in my dream. A position I never sleep in.

I've had numerous dreams where I've encountered a demon, sometimes it hurts me, sometimes it just watches me. I've come to the point where these dreams no longer bother me. I've gotten so used to hearing the knocking sounds that I just ignore it for the most part.

While writing this I began to hear the knocking, except it was a tapping on my closet door. I'm not exactly sure what's happening or why. I don't really know how to handle it so I've just been doing nothing. I would go into more detail about all of this, but it would end up very long and I just fail to believe that anybody would really read all of it, so this is a condensed version...

But... This is my paranormal story. All these events brought me to believe that something else exists. Something beyond us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RevengeWillBeSweet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
Hi Revenge,

I am sorry to hear about your abuse as child. No child should ever have to go through that. It is a testament to your inner strength that you have been able to get past it. My hat is off to you.

I think the dreams about demons forcefully having sex with you could possibly be your subconcious replaying your unfortunate experiences when a child.

The unexplained bruises are a bit of a brow raiser though. Have they ever appeared in a specific shape such as a hand or fingers?

Neph
RevengeWillBeSweet (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
valkricry:

The memories I had repressed came back when I was 13. It was sexual abuse by my brother. I've since faced that and it's no longer as big of an issue. There's blank spots in my childhood at parts that I refuse to recall.
So I'm not sure this would still be an issue considering I've mostly gotten over it to a certain extent.

Miracles51031:

We didn't talk about it ever again. It was really a one-time thing that I swore I'd never do again. He was my dad's friend so I haven't spoken to him since that night.

Nephylim:

Sorry, haha you can shorten it, I believe I'm the only one on this thread with Revenge in my name. =p
When I moved to Seattle my roommate introduced me to a friend of his who claimed to be able to see and hear ghosts. From what she said, I had a ghost attached to me, one or two. And that one was a prankster and just enjoyed doing annoying things like opening the bathroom door while I'm showering or using the bathroom. But the other two were constantly fighting over my roommate and I. It was something I've been able to sense since a few years ago.

To everyone:

Aside from this, dealing with wounds inflicted... I've never really had scratches or anything, but it's not uncommon for me to wake up with a weird bruise. I've had really bad ones on my legs and really big ones as well. I don't bruise easily and I spend my day's sitting at a desk so I can never figure out how I came to get these bruises.

As far as dreams go, I've had a lot of bizarre dreams, the most embarrassing being the ones where a demon (different ones, not always the same one) are forcefully having sex with me. Those dreams in particular tend to stay with me because of how vivid they are. One of the assailants in the dream actually spoke to me which was odd, I remember exactly what he said.

I'd have dreams about demons with faces I can't see, it's just foggy grey where their face should be. Really tall, usually he'll cast a glance at me, then disappear into another room.

Yesterday morning I woke up to something falling off my lamp. A piece of jewelry that I had laying flat on the shelf. I sleep with my door locked, alone, and this piece of jewelry was heavy so nothing should've caused it to fall. As soon as I woke up, I knew I wasn't alone.

Something moved in my closet that morning as well... And as I typed this, one of my floorboards creaked. I don't think they particularly like me talking about it. Ever since I started talking about it on here, the activity has begun to grow more consistent.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
RWBS,
Welcome to YGS. I thought your account was interesting. I'm sorry if this is too personal, but generally when someone blocks out most of their childhood there's something traumatic involved. It could be whatever happened back then also served as a trigger for what you are going through now. There's a theory that suppressed memories create energy that manifest in various ways: dreams, sounds, insomnia, etc. You may need to revisit your childhood to figure it out.
You say, "It's just that, they've never made an attempt to hurt me so I have to wonder if they really are demons." Demons don't always 'hurt' people in the sense of scratches, blows, and the like. " Surviving on 5-hour energy and vitamins" is pretty darn harmful, and being pushed to the point that you can't focus can't be seen as anything good either. These could well be 'personal' demons, caused by the suppressed memories mentioned earlier.
Since your past may hold the solution, have you thought of trying past life regression therapy?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
RWBS - thanks for answering my question. Ouija boards...well, let's just say most of the stories on here come with warnings, or else the poster is very strongly cautioned against using one again.

You said when you and your friend used the Ouija board it didn't spell anything as far as you can remember... At least in English. And the next night you felt uncomfortable in your house and it felt like there were beings standing around your bed staring at you. Even though you played this off as anxiety, the "I did something I know I shouldn't have", I just really wonder if something may have come through the Ouija board and y'all just didn't realize it.

Do you remember if you and your friend talked about that night when you used the Ouija board? If so, did your friend experience anything odd?
Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Hi Revengewillbesweet,

That's a long name to type every time, wow, lol

Constant banging noises would drive me nuts!

I'd say that the Ouija board experience sticks out. It is a definite possibility. It is believed by some that puberty can awaken natural talents of those that have them, and that these people can act as beacons to entities from other planes of existence. This being said, it is possible that something/s have attached themselves to you, or that you are attracting new ones when you've moved. Perhaps a combination of the two is what started it all.

Someone said to me recently, "When fear is brought on by the unknown, revert to the faith of your childhood." I took this to not necessarily mean going back to a religion you were brought up in, but rather to have the strength of faith and power of your own conviction as you did back then.
Have faith that, as sure as there are dark entities, there are also those that are from the light and they are there to help and guide us. I believe we are also from the light and this gives us power to conquer the dark.

Have things ever gotten physical in regards to the demons you've dreamt about? Any marks or scratches when you wake up or have you felt like the frequency of the occurrences are increasing in any way?

Stay strong and keep us updated.

Nephylim
RevengeWillBeSweet (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Miracles51031: I don't remember it very well, nothing happened honestly. It was a friend of my dad's who brought a glowing Ouiji Board. I was raised a Jehova's Witness and because of this I was taught to never touch a Ouji board because they work but never in the way you want.

At night, we took the Ouiji Board into the garage which was separate from the house. We brought a single candle since the garage was pitch black.

We tried asking questions, when it moved I couldn't believe it was actually moving on it's own, it (or the guy I was with) didn't spell anything as far as I can remember. Anything in English at least.

We tried again on the next night. That night when I went to bed I began feeling horribly uncomfortable in the house. I felt like several beings were standing around my bed staring at me. I imagined this was due to my general anxiety about using something that was taboo in my old religion. (When I was 13 my parents quit being Jehova's Witnesses.)

But nothing happened that particularly sticks out in my mind...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
RWBS - going out on a limb here, but your experience with the Ouija board, especially since you regret it, very well could be the trigger. Is this an experience you feel comfortable submitting sometime?
RevengeWillBeSweet (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
NorthCoastie:
I do believe sleep paralysis would be a reasonable explanation, I'll definitely look into it more.
But as for Exploding Head Syndrome, I was awake all of these nights. I'm an artist so I tend to spend long hours of the night drawing. This would be when I would hear the bangs, I also hear it during the day time. Just last night there was a loud 'thud' in my closet. Generally I ignore these things...

LillyOfWarTune:
Ah I haven't done that no, unless repainting an old apt can be considered disrespectful. So I'm not sure I have been seeing the same demon each time, I've seen the same one a few times but I see different ones too. That's what makes me nervous. It's just that, they've never made an attempt to hurt me so I have to wonder if they really are demons.

Miracles51031:

Ah... When I was 16 I played with a Ouiji board. I haven't done it since, and I regret it to this day.

I've honestly blocked out a good majority of my childhood... I wouldn't remember something like that. However I do see what you're getting at and while I can feel ghosts around me and occasionally hear them, I can't see them.

Thank you all so much for your responses. I feel like a crazy person but since it has yet to stop (which is actually the reason I'm awake, knocked a necklace off my lamp and woke me up quickly followed by weird noises.) I can't help but believe that this must be real. Especially since I was cleared of Psychosis...
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
I agree with the others mentioning Sleep Paralysis. I had this happen a few times to me in college... Especially during times of extreme stress. The first time was when someone broke into my house (through the window of my bedroom, while I was in bed, and I actually fought the guy off - some crackhead looking for the former tenant - long story). I was up until 5:00 AM talking to the police, etc. When I went back to sleep, I had an SP episode where I swore that I was woken up to my bedroom door opening, couldn't move, couldn't open my eyes, and someone came into my room and stood next to my bed saying "relax, just relax" in this creepy voice but like it was "trying to put me to sleep" or something. Then I snapped out of it.

Another thing you might want to look into for the loud noises is "Exploding Head Syndrome"... I definitely have this. This is where you will get jolted awake in the middle of the night by a loud noise that has no explanation, like a crash, explosion, record scratch, etc... Happens to me on a weekly basis. It is believed that you are hearing the blood vessels in your ear canals, or changes in ear pressure... But your dreamlike state of mind interprets it as something else.

When I was younger, I always thought that ghosts followed me. My first 2-3 apartments I lived in and the first house I bought I swore were haunted... Never really saw anything though, just noises, feelings, etc. Then I moved into a brand new place and nothing happened... So either that proves it wasn't me... Or proves it was me... If you follow. I was always terrified of the paranormal as a kid. Maybe my fear caused me to believe that every creak I heard, every car door that shut outside at 2:00 AM, every noise the settling of the house made or the pressure in the lines... Etc, was a ghost. Our imaginations can be VERY powerful. It can be extremely difficult to separate imagination from true unexplained paranormal events... Especially when we are half asleep or in bed when things happen.
LilyOfWartune (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
The experience of being pressured on your body is called Sleep Paralysis, it accompanied by seeing strange entity such as demons, ghosts or even aliens...

Miracle51031 here has wild, yet possible guess that I agree.I've been thinking the trigger of this haunting and I need you to recall this:have you remember disrespecting a place like tree, simple hole or maybe a house, anything of some sort by... I don't know, peeing on them, make it dirty or anything like that. I know it's hard but try to recall it. You may find the answer of this problem in your own memories...

You clearly said this is demon, and it's plural too. One of them might attached to you and it attract the others too. But I have a feeling that some of what you wrote is residual haunting. Unless you see the same figure over and over again, that says a lot...

This is my opinion... Hoped it helped. Take care
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
RevengeWillBeSweet - before I ask anymore questions, I just have one. You said this all started when you were 17. Do you recall anything happening when you were 17 that could have "triggered" this? I'm not saying you brought this on yourself. Sometimes people do things and it stirs the paranormal up. Like playing with Ouija boards, etc.

Ummm...guess I do have another question, sorry 😊. Before you answer this, take your time and think about it, okay? Do you remember any incidents from your childhood that maybe you just put away and haven't thought about for a very long time? Things that you might have been told were just your imagination? The reason I'm asking this is because some people (for lack of a better way of saying this) "take a break" in their "paranormal life" 😉 and it's like your mind/eyes are clear and you start experiencing things again.

I don't know that this is the way it is with you. I'm just taking a couple of wild guesses here, and I admit I could be completely off base 😆

Have you ever researched Sleep Paralysis? Might be what you are experiencing. See the Search bar at the top right hand side of this screen? Search it here. There are tons of stories on our site and the comments/advice are the best you are probably going to get. They are from people who have experienced it. Not just people who "think" they know what it is.

Welcome to YGS and by the way I did read your whole experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: